Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
If its the heat set polish they put on youre gonna need a high speed buffer and a special black pad made to heat up. A product im familiar with has to be heated to 91° (check it with a heat gun).
Here is a link to the product i use.
http://https://shop.truckmountforums.com/consolideck-lsguard-glossy-3.html#tab-manual_schematic
You can add multiple coats to inhance the sheen. And its really durable.
Clean the floor really really well first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Are you doing any metallic floor coatings?

Floor Restore

Feb 20, 2013
Winter Haven, FL
Real Name
Bryan Meeks
Business Location
United States
Definitely a fascinating amazing process. In this case she isn't interested in removing all the furniture etc. in order to really do the job. I'm basically going to do a good cleaning. She has several huge dogs and she breeds them, so the finish would have to be claw scratch resistant.
There isnt going to be much that is that scratch resistant. Maybe some clear epoxy coatings. Anyway good luck hope the customer is happy.

Reactions: PistolPete

Floor Restore

Feb 20, 2013
Winter Haven, FL
Real Name
Bryan Meeks
Business Location
United States
I'm intrigued, that stuff looks cool. Just don't know if there's a market for it.
It does. Expensive flooring option though but practically bullet proof. Its fairly easy to do. Its the surface prep/equipment that is expensive as a provider. We already do that anyway that's why we can add that service without many additional things.

mrkavin

Banned
Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
So I got a call today from a customer who has concrete floors in her house. She is unhappy with the shine and wants to know how to improve it.
I'm going to look at it on Thursday.
She said the contractor used some kind of heat sealing treatment I have researched this and can't find any information on this process.
The house is fully furnished and the concrete floors all throughout the whole house.
I believe mechanical polishing is the best solution but this is not something I have ever done. I know topical sealers should be avoided any suggestions?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using polished concrete Utah
I love this industrial look. Some concrete floors I have seen were just as beautiful as wood floors. Since we now live in a house on a concrete slab, I'm wondering if we should try it. Is it an easy DIY type of finish? It's a traditional house, though, not a contemporary one.