Polish white concrete garage floor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
A mere 4000 sq ft, classic cars from front to back. Friend of mine poured the floor a couple years ago and recommended me to polish it. Floor still has a great shine, no stains. Gonna be easy but... What should I charge? A weekend with the 36 coup? Or maybe a spin in the 67 Charger. Maybe a nice drive through the country in the 42 chevy flatbed... I don't know guys, whats a fair price?

Sanipro

Aug 16, 2016
Real Name
Mario Gonzalez
Maybe .10 sq ft. If you have a propane burnisher , it will be easy money. And since he is your friend too

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Just realized I put this in the wrong forum! Oh well. Got it at $0.20 a sq ft. No option to barrow a car for the weekend :(

Gonna run the auto scrubber over it with a red pad to clean it, then run the propane burnisher with an 800 grit and then 1500 grit diamond. I could probably skip the 800 but I figured it wouldn't hurt to step it back a little and on an area that big and open (all vehicles will be pulled out) it won't add much time. We're going to see how it looks after a few passes with the 1500. If he wants a better shine I told him I could go to a 3000 grit diamond but it would cost an extra $175.

He also asked about applying a sealer once its polished. I don't see any reason why I couldn't but I've never put sealer over a polished floor, or at least not one this polished. I would normally just use whatever the local chem supplier recommends which is always either something by buckeye or spartan. You think one of those will work or should I invest in a different product for that? I'm just wondering is the level of shine we're puttin on the floor first will be reduced by applying the wrong sealer.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I guess Jay Leno has a house just a few miles up the road from this one. I'm gonna have to try to get into his garage :D

waxman

Jun 23, 2008
Long Island
Real Name
Vincenzo
Business Location
United States
Just realized I put this in the wrong forum! Oh well. Got it at $0.20 a sq ft. No option to barrow a car for the weekend :(

Gonna run the auto scrubber over it with a red pad to clean it, then run the propane burnisher with an 800 grit and then 1500 grit diamond. I could probably skip the 800 but I figured it wouldn't hurt to step it back a little and on an area that big and open (all vehicles will be pulled out) it won't add much time. We're going to see how it looks after a few passes with the 1500. If he wants a better shine I told him I could go to a 3000 grit diamond but it would cost an extra $175.

He also asked about applying a sealer once its polished. I don't see any reason why I couldn't but I've never put sealer over a polished floor, or at least not one this polished. I would normally just use whatever the local chem supplier recommends which is always either something by buckeye or spartan. You think one of those will work or should I invest in a different product for that? I'm just wondering is the level of shine we're puttin on the floor first will be reduced by applying the wrong sealer.
PROSOCO
Guard or Guard Ext will seal don't use spartan or buckeye.