Please Recommend a Rug Cleaning Rotary Machine?!?!

OceanClnrs

Dec 17, 2018
Real Name
Sandy Henriquez
Hello Fellow TMF Members!

We are newbies to Area Rug Cleaning and are in desperate need of some pointers. Came across TMF and are thrilled to have found such a community.

Currently, looking at purchasing supplies and would GREATLY APPRECIATE any recommendations on the types, specs and/or brands of rotary machines to use for shampooing Area Rugs?

Thank you all in advance for taking the time out of your day to read our thread and responding!

Happy Holidays!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Any 175 RPM rotary machine with the proper brush will do OK. Our company sells Versa Pro, Clark and Hawk which are all good options for rotary machines.

However any rotary machine can pull fibers from wool rugs. I much prefer A counter-rotating brush machine (CRB) for wool rugs. These have brushes that work down into a deeper pile, they the pile for more complete soil flushing, the stand the fibers up rather than pulling them out.

The Brush Pro is the only CRB that is designed to be used in standing water of a wash pit or wash floor set-up.

If you are focused on rotary, look at Cimex.

Hope to see you at one of my last Hands-on rug washing classes soon. There are several regular posters here who have attended the class and used the Brush Pro to clean wool rugs. They can comment on their experiences.

Reactions: Mama Fen

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Love love LOVE the Brush Pro. I use the Procaps a lot for light-duty stuff, and it's my go-to machine for most jobs, but like Scott says the Brush Pro can actually be at least partially submerged.

Reactions: Scott W

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
The brush pro works wonders on wool, (and all carpet) and is safe in water which is a massive benefit. It’s built like a tank and has metal gears verses some look a likes with plastic. Just the fact it’s safe to use in water is a good reason to buy one.
Honestly I can’t afford one...yet. But as Scott mentioned for 3 days we got to use them for rug class.
For now I use a old Host. Works terrific, but isn’t designed to be in water. Is lighter weight so I have to work a lot slower. Doesn’t have the side cups to collect debris. (Collects them on a metal grid on the bottom which isn’t as new of a design but crazy still to see how much debris is collects without falling out). But I hate to admit out loud since I worked really hard to afford even a used Host, the brush pro kicks it’s butt.
Interlink sells Wool Safe supplies, and dye stabilizers, brush PROs and more.
Before buying ANYTHING personally I’d get a hold of Scott W he posted above. He’s got more then 5 decades of experience and is a expert in wool. He won’t tell you that but I just did.

Last edited:

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I have a SEBO DUO for sale with regular and soft brushes. I have a 20" brushpro so I don’t need it. Let me know if you’re interested. Thanks

OceanClnrs

Dec 17, 2018
Real Name
Sandy Henriquez
Thank you ALL so much for your responses!!

Mr. Scott W., we will now be looking into purchasing a simple 175 RPM Rotary Machine to start and most definitely check Interlink for the few you mentioned. The Cimex is quite expensive for now and as you so kindly pointed out, Rotary in general may not be the best for Wool, so would need to spend an alternate form for this anyway, so likely just go with a simple Rotary for now.

The Brush Pro looks amazing and will definitely purchase in the future, but unfortunately at this moment time it is out of our reach.

- Are there alternate tools and/or methods for Wool that are still effective, yet more cost efficient?

- Any additional recommendations for the drying of wool?

We know Wool can be at high risk for yellowing/browning and even smelling if not dried correctly and as of now we have a dry rack set up and fans that we use. But, for many of these large rugs , once wet they are extremely heavy and hard to dry, we feel there must be a better way here?

- Lastly, any reccomendation in process or tools for silk mix rugs washes?

Again immensly appreciate all feedback, so thank you again!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Personally if your really going to do Fine Wool, I’d find a used CRB. But 175 will work. I’d rather not crush the pile during washing but if done correctly you’ll be ok.
Are you planning on pit washing wool?

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Thank you ALL so much for your responses!!

Mr. Scott W., we will now be looking into purchasing a simple 175 RPM Rotary Machine to start and most definitely check Interlink for the few you mentioned. The Cimex is quite expensive for now and as you so kindly pointed out, Rotary in general may not be the best for Wool, so would need to spend an alternate form for this anyway, so likely just go with a simple Rotary for now.

The Brush Pro looks amazing and will definitely purchase in the future, but unfortunately at this moment time it is out of our reach.

- Are there alternate tools and/or methods for Wool that are still effective, yet more cost efficient?

- Any additional recommendations for the drying of wool?

We know Wool can be at high risk for yellowing/browning and even smelling if not dried correctly and as of now we have a dry rack set up and fans that we use. But, for many of these large rugs , once wet they are extremely heavy and hard to dry, we feel there must be a better way here?

- Lastly, any reccomendation in process or tools for silk mix rugs washes?

Again immensly appreciate all feedback, so thank you again!
I have a Sebo duo that works on regular carpet and I have the brushes for wool carpet. I’ll sell it pretty cheap because I don’t use it. Let me know

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
If anyone needs a 17” brush pro and with the ability to pick up in Salt Lake City with extra brushes let me know. Must be able to pick up.
Helping a friend!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
$1200 17” with (extra brushes).
But again pick up only in Salt Lake City

Last edited:

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Also a orbot vibe in Salt Lake City. Pick up only in Salt Lake City.
$1695.00 with some Assys and bonnets

Last edited:

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
As well remember not all “swing” machines are equal. Avoid the cheaper brands like Clark take a look at nobles or tenant basically the same machine. Remember cheap is as cheap gets

Latest posts