Please leave a message after the tone or text me | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Please leave a message after the tone or text me

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I have been making use of texting recently.
It really is the best. I changed my voicemail message to ask folks to leave a message or for a more immediate response, text me.
I get so many texts now, and invariably I quote and book the enquiry without even talking in person to the client.
Just booked another one, which prompted me to mention it.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
And just got another texted in, while I was on the phone to someone else and missed his call!

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Its a changing world and far to many old time carpet cleaners aren't keeping up. I like text because they can also send pictures for an estimate as well.

Text is something I have been using since starting and you are right, I have a hand full of customers I have never talked to or met in person yet worked for for years.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
I have no problem with customers texting me I have a few like Jay that use texting as the only way they communicate with me.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Yup... e-mail or text me!
I try to answer my phone when it rings , but sometimes it needs to go to voicemail.
I return ALL messages promptly wether it a voicemail, email or text.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I would buy a phone where I could only text and not receive phone calls if possible.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
It really is the best. I changed my voicemail message to ask folks to leave a message or for a more immediate response, text me.
I get so many texts now, and invariably I quote and book the enquiry without even talking in person to the client.
That is awesome! I'm changing my voicemail to the same thing...great idea!!

Reactions: Bexiesbruv

vladimir

Apr 3, 2011
palmdale ca.
Real Name
Dennis azenon
Business Location
United States
Question i been thinking of also leaving a voice message but is it your voice or a young lady's voice to look more professional

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums. D.V.A. Carpet Cleaning

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Question i been thinking of also leaving a voice message but is it your voice or a young lady's voice to look more professional

As long as it sounds right, it makes no difference if its male or female in my opinion. All I do is

Hello this is Stephen, to book carpet cleaning please leave me a message and I will call you back as soon as possible. Or you can send a text to this number...Thanks for calling and have a great day.

All said in a friendly, conversational tone.

Reactions: vladimir

vladimir

Apr 3, 2011
palmdale ca.
Real Name
Dennis azenon
Business Location
United States
Cool thanks for the reply

Simply Clean QC

Mar 19, 2014
Illinois / Iowa
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
I've never considered this... and you guys seem to be getting a pretty good response. I guess I've always felt like it blurs the line of professional and weekend warrior. Maybe I'll try it out on the website first.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TMF Forums mobile app

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I booked one more job and I am communicating with a person about another...its booked but we are fine tuning the time. Not even given a quote on two of them.

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
I was NOT an early adopter to texting. Now if i got to choose ... voice part gets shut off before texting does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TMF Forums mobile app

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Great idea!

I pretty much just assumed (bad bad) that people knew they could text me. I have my number in my email along with the line, "Call or Text" so I guess it should be natural to include that on my voice mail.