Please help!!!

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Encapsulation on any suspect areas, such as high traffic, areas that would get spills, etc.
If the job is done with HWE how would you propose I encapsulate these areas you speak of afterwards? Or am I missing the essence of your message.

thank you

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If the job is done with HWE how would you propose I encapsulate these areas you speak of afterwards? Or am I missing the essence of your message.

thank you
Its harder to do in wet carpet. I never liked doing that. Worth a shot though. Ide put a fan on that area and do rest of job. Then come back to spot and use HP encap with towel or bonnet if its large.
But it does work better after fully dry and spot has wicked up. Usually this means coming back to "touch up" next day. You can mist your towel and clean the tips of the fibers. That way you're not reactivating what is in the pad below. You can very lightly mist the fibers. But first try just the misted towel itself.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
You definitely need to learn fiber ID. That is a synthetic fiber, but which one. They do not all clean the same. They each have different potential issues. Doing a fiber ID, informing customer of the fiber and how you will clean specifically for that fiber is a great marketing tool. Few other cleaners will do that.

There is wicking from urine. Always check with the urine light. It can lead to many extra sales of urine and odor treatments. Now you will probably need to treat the urine for free.

Two potential solutions for the stains. This assumes there is no noticeable urine odor.
1) Wipe with clean white trowel and encapsulation cleaner such as Encapuclean Green DS or Encapuclean O2 or Spot Stop.
2) A mist of an oxidizer, I love StainZone which you can get at Interlink Supply, but Stain 1 is also OK.

You can also do both of the above steps.

If you clean it the same way you did before, you will get similar results. Wicking. There are only 2 ways to prevent wicking. One is to vacuum and clean so thoroughly and completely that there is no soil even down at the base of the carpet or pad. If there is nothing there, nothing can wick back. This is an ideal approach but not always practical. The other method is to use an encapsulation cleaner that stops or discourages wick back.

GEt to an IICRC carpet cleaning class at your first opportunity. There will be training on spotters and an hour or so of hands-on spot and stain removal on the most difficult and stubborn spots and stains supervised by the instructor.
I have found coffee and tea stain remover is pretty effective on pet stains, especially if they have been there a while.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
My before pictures don't show much but my memory says there was some brown stains (browning) in a couple of places but if my recall is correct less sever then the After pics I received today.

Perhaps incomplete removal Because I certainly didn't flush with a water claw, and I didn't really give it much extra attention than normal because it was cleaning up well.

As for high pH rinse - that is anything over 10, correct? If so, I do believe I was 10 or under.

Looking back I guess there is a chance e I over wet it if maybe that area 'took more' wet passes to clean. I just don't really recall now this job was Monday.

I hope so. There is 2 things I understand I could have done differently based on the insights from this thread:

1.) use my urine light to VERIFY there is no urine (even when opinion of others is there is none),
and/or

2.) since there was some degree or type of an indicator stain present before cleaning then maybe put fans on it after cleaning and look for wicking and if so mist an oxidizer like stain 1. (This seems like it might not always be reasonable in that the carpets might not be dry enough to tell before leaving??)

Trying to understand all this to prevent call backs which obviously are not efficient and bad business.
I have to ask a question, if you are a professional cleaner, why in the world don't you know what you used on this particular job to clean the carpet? Are you trying many different cleaning solutions to see which works best or something of that nature?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I have to ask a question, if you are a professional cleaner, why in the world don't you know what you used on this particular job to clean the carpet? Are you trying many different cleaning solutions to see which works best or something of that nature?
I think it was after the fact when I wrote this so I wasn't recalling exactly what I used. But I believe it was TMF black label if I'm not mistaken. This was like my second or third job ever I believe FWIW.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com

thank you

There are several options:
  • A post cleaning spray for small area encapsulation. Just spray it on and groom it in. Stop Spot is an excellent product.
  • A post cleaning encapsulation spray for larger areas - Encapuguard Green is a concentrate, mixed with water, apply with sprayer and then rake into the carpet to encapsulate.
  • Follow HWE with encapsulation with 175 RPM machine or orbital machine along with fluffy bonnet. Use Encapuclean green DS diluted.
  • Encapsulation with CRB machine such as a Brush Pro. Use Encapuclean green DS diluted.

Reactions: J20770