Please Help! White Magic Commander HO | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Please Help! White Magic Commander HO

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Hello! TMF

I am having problems with hot water build up in my Commander Ho. Water seems to get really hot in the machine but doesn't divert and stays in machine and doesn't come through the wand (water is cold to warm out of the jets). When I switch on the water exit valve the water is EXTREMELY hot coming out. But Why won't it come out of the wand?

Recently, I changed all filters and oil and am still having this problem. Any idea what it could be?

Many thanks for your time!

Evan from Toronto, Canada

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
With the machine off, check the diverter to see that it moves full range freely. If it doesn't, the door it operates is defective. If it moves freely, you need to see if you have power and vacuum to the diverter solenoid. No power, check fuses and thermostat. Power but no vacuum, check vacuum hoses to solenoid. You can also test the system by running a direct vacuum hose from one of the ports on the blower (gauge or lube port) to the ports on the diverter.

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Thanks to the both of you! I will be looking into this tomorrow morning with my technician. I will let you know what the problem is! Many many thanks!

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Got it fixed today. May have been the diverters ... Weren't opening up all the way and hot water was being released into the dirty water tank. Appreciate the prompt responses from you guys. Many thanks!

Reactions: aloha one
Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
I'm having more problems with the Commander... The heat is back in full force... but now it seems that not enough water is going through the system... Water gets to hot and I can't seem to get the pressure higher than 500psi ( this will be important to rectify as I also do Tile cleaning at 1000psi). Any ideas what the problem could be?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I'm having more problems with the Commander... The heat is back in full force... but now it seems that not enough water is going through the system... Water gets to hot and I can't seem to get the pressure higher than 500psi ( this will be important to rectify as I also do Tile cleaning at 1000psi). Any ideas what the problem could be?
Pump seals...faulty check valve...air in solution hoses.

Reactions: Evan Papageorge
Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Thanks Aloha! I am fairly new when it comes to understanding how this truckmounted works. I've been using it part time for 3 years and full time now for 1 1/2 years. This is the first year where ive been experiencing problems with it. I will have these checked immediately and let you guys know what the problem is

skidom1

Nov 30, 2010
NM
Real Name
Dominic Cillis
Business Location
United States
Few years ago, the CAT high pressure check valve was faulty. It's designed to protect the heat exchanger from breaking from too high water pressure. Replaced it with new one and I was able to get the preset 900-1000 psi once again.

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Thanks skidom Ours was replaced with a different valve years ago. Not sure if it's he proper one. Is it possible to order one online?

skidom1

Nov 30, 2010
NM
Real Name
Dominic Cillis
Business Location
United States
How old is the pressure regulator on the control panel? Mine seem to last only about 2 or 3 years and then need replacing

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
I think it is the original. Maybe that's the issue? I see that the water tank doesn't fill up very quickly ... And the water is 'boiling after some time... Not sure if that's related

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I think it is the original. Maybe that's the issue? I see that the water tank doesn't fill up very quickly ... And the water is 'boiling after some time... Not sure if that's related
Does your unloader/regulator leak? Dominic is right on about that...I rarely got 3 years from mine..Forgot to mention that.

skidom1

Nov 30, 2010
NM
Real Name
Dominic Cillis
Business Location
United States
Do you have a 70 gallon freshwater tank that is filling slowly or are you referring to the small 2 gallon water box on the machine?

skidom1

Nov 30, 2010
NM
Real Name
Dominic Cillis
Business Location
United States
White magic installed a water pressure regulator in line leading into the water box, try removing that and attaching the hose directly to the water box and see if your fill pressure increases.