Please help my wife and I decide on the best carpet cleaning machine... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Please help my wife and I decide on the best carpet cleaning machine...

Jul 29, 2020
Real Name
Lee Martin
Hi All,

I'm totally new to this and would really appreciate some feedback please. My wife and I are due to launch a new carpet cleaning business and have spent time looking into the different models from the:

- Prochem Galaxy with wand and hose

- Craftex Sabrina 5000

- Rug doctor X3 Professional

The thing with all these machines is that they are only extraction machines they do not agitate the pile. I don't know if it is that important, I notice one guy in his video who uses one has a separate machine to agitate.

We want to get the best job done and will of course be implementing all of the other required tasks per job, what we don't want however is to be lugging around large machines or investing into the incorrect models and then find out later down the road we messed up.

Any advice will be very much welcomed and thanks so much for reading!

Cheers

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
You must be in the UK? I'm not real familiar with the machines that you listed other than the Rug Doctor and they're pieces of shit. If those are your only options I would go with the Prochem. It doesn't quite have enough psi but I think you could get the job done with it, if you take your time. As far as agitation you're going to want a 175 rpm machine or a CRB. Personally I would go with the 175. They are cheap and have the weight to scrub, you can also post bonnet with them for fast dry times. When I ran a portable my 175 took me to another level.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Hi All,

I'm totally new to this and would really appreciate some feedback please. My wife and I are due to launch a new carpet cleaning business and have spent time looking into the different models from the:

- Prochem Galaxy with wand and hose

- Craftex Sabrina 5000

- Rug doctor X3 Professional

The thing with all these machines is that they are only extraction machines they do not agitate the pile. I don't know if it is that important, I notice one guy in his video who uses one has a separate machine to agitate.

We want to get the best job done and will of course be implementing all of the other required tasks per job, what we don't want however is to be lugging around large machines or investing into the incorrect models and then find out later down the road we messed up.

Any advice will be very much welcomed and thanks so much for reading!

Cheers
Call Rob Allen, and discuss with him what you need... Talk to someone who knows and is in the positition to help guide you