Please help meeeee! Restaurant deep clean advice | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Please help meeeee! Restaurant deep clean advice

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Best answer Mike $ . Pretty tough situation and you’re going to have to approach it like this and be firm on your price .
Don’t get pushed around .
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: MikeGaure

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Best answer Mike $ . Pretty tough situation and you’re going to have to approach it like this and be firm on your price .
Don’t get pushed around .
All the Best , Ed
agree

but i highly and i mean i highly doubt she's gonna get a dime above what she quoted regardless of her "pricing subject to change"
the price should have been renegotiated and established prior too work being done"

hard lesson learned

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
No way she will get a penny past her quote. The owner new damn well she was to low. That’s why she got the job in the first place. Trust me he got other quotes from company’s with the know how. Just yet another jerk that took advantage of a beginner.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I agree with Todd's $1.50/sq. ft. But since that customer won't agree with that, you can tell him that number and meet him in the middle somewhere between your .40-1.50 to help cover the cost. YOu'll still lose profit, but it'll, hopefully, cover cost. Either that, or you can stop what you're doing right now, and be honest and tell the customer you got in over your head and can't do any more and put it in his hands to pay you what he felt is worth what you've already done and just take the loss as a valuable lesson.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
And since you didn't know what a TM (truckmount) is, I'm almost certain that the reason the owner didn't want you to bring a pressure washer in is because that restaurant grease sludge would've sprayed everywhere and made a mess. If you told the customer you would've used a truckmount, he would've had no problem with that because it's a very controlled method of pressure washing where the water is immediately extracted once it's sprayed out. So now's the time to make some phone calls for some reputable carpet cleaning businesses in your area to partner up with as well.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i hate to say this but you already negotiated a price...
Unless he added something extra...

You will have to stick with it or ask him for maybe 100$ extra...

Its like going to buy a car and they give you a quote and then next day they change the price......

Also even though you spent 4 days...you probably could have done it in half the time with the right equipment.....
Understand it costs 20k for a truckmount......

Also a Tm would have done a better job......
Its like mowing a football field with a push mower instead of a large riding mower.....

I would learn from this and recalculate your equipment for the next few jobs......

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
i hate to say this but you already negotiated a price...
Unless he added something extra...

You will have to stick with it or ask him for maybe 100$ extra...

Its like going to buy a car and they give you a quote and then next day they change the price......

Also even though you spent 4 days...you probably could have done it in half the time with the right equipment.....
Understand it costs 20k for a truckmount......

Also a Tm would have done a better job......
Its like mowing a football field with a push mower instead of a large riding mower.....

I would learn from this and recalculate your equipment for the next few jobs......
Nah the guy wouldn’t allow her too pressure wash. So she wasn’t just arbitrarily changing the price. What she did wrong was trust this jerk to honor her “price subject to change” most of us that have been around know that we don’t trust restaurants lol

Well most anyway. I’ve got an account I’ve had 10yrs and have zero issues with.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yup, you have one of two choices.

Admit you got in over your head, swallow your pride, lesson learned and walk.

Or, pull up your boot straps and simply work your TAIL off get it done, inform the owner next time price will be XYZ.

Reactions: matt30577

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
In most localities you have to go to a waste water treatment plant and pay to dump extremely greasy water. It is illegal, though rarely enforced, to dump extremely greasy water in the sewer system. If it overloads the grease traps then it enters the waste water treatment plants and damages equipment. Expensive either way you do it.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
And since you didn't know what a TM (truckmount) is, I'm almost certain that the reason the owner didn't want you to bring a pressure washer in is because that restaurant grease sludge would've sprayed everywhere and made a mess. If you told the customer you would've used a truckmount, he would've had no problem with that because it's a very controlled method of pressure washing where the water is immediately extracted once it's sprayed out. So now's the time to make some phone calls for some reputable carpet cleaning businesses in your area to partner up with as well.
Or maybe he's got no idea what plumbing code means and even if he did, he's worried that his crap coming down the drain will cause problems and he would have to spend another 1K to take care of it. As we know, this is common problem in any restaurant especially one with sqeegeing crap down the drains on nightly basis.

Reactions: matt30577

Vizip

Mar 11, 2016
Real Name
Rami Nader
Charging by square footage doesn't seem profitable at all. What you should have done is charge per tech/per hour. Cleaning grease is a hassle and takes a lot of time and pressure to remove successfully.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
From my understanding, Massachusetts is one of the states that requires an exterminator's license for you to kill or trap roaches, mice, etc. Do you have this license? If not, DO NOT offer this service or you risk legal prosecution and liability issues. If you do, bill the extermination separately from the cleaning.

As for the rest of the cleaning - trial and error is sometimes an expensive way to learn.

In the future, before committing to a job of this scale, I would set your terms quite clearly in front of the customer... with the understanding that THEY don't pick the method by which it gets cleaned, YOU do. These people are asking you to do multiple tasks all under one umbrella, and they don't get to dictate how it's done - that's your right as the service provider.

And if they don't like your terms, walk away.

Anyone who gets this difficult to deal with on a single large job is also going to try to negotiate your bill, strong-arm you with threats of 'bad reviews', and other tactics to pay less. And they will complain, loudly and frequently, that the job isn't done to their satisfaction.

Reactions: Wec and Luky

JohnBrown

Jun 20, 2019
USA
Real Name
Johnatan
My advice is drop this work. I got into another company. A lot of orders every day. And they always pay as much as earned

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
If a job is large and I know It will take more than I expect then I always bid very high. If I don't get the job them I don't lose sleep over it. If I do then I make money and I can always go to the customer and say, "You know what? This job took less time than I anticipated and so I am going to give you a extra discount!" You will look like the hero to the customer! Or you can count it as a job that you made a lot of money on and pocket the profit. There will be plenty of jobs that you will get that you will lose money on.

aaronmiller

Aug 30, 2019
Cape Coral
www.fabracleen.com
Real Name
Aaron Miller
Business Location
United States
I know how it feels when you see dirty, stained marbles in your restaurant's kitchen countertops. I also had the same query and it was hard to clean by myself, so I will advise you to hire professionals for whatever tiles you are using. Professionals handle is well and can keep them safe for longer. I did that for myself, I own a cafe and I had the same problem, I searched for many cleaning service providers, I even tried them too, but what really worked for me was Fabra-Cleen. Just go ahead and hire professional technicians.

NavExCleaning

Jul 25, 2019
Nav-Ex Cleaning Services 101 Chestnut St. Ste. 100
navexcleaning.com
Real Name
Nav-Ex Cleaning Services
Business Location
United States
Can
Hi I’m 27 year old woman I might be in the wrong area but I’m new to this and I normally clean residential but I stubbled upon a one time deep cleaning of a very very dirty restaurant. I’m out of my league. Planned to pressure wash but owner doesn’t have the drainage and preferred against it. The price I bid I felt was fair until I started moving things around.. they have never cleaned there kitchen thoroughly. I left my estimate with some wiggle room I’m not sure if I should have a discussion with the owner. I’m lost! What would you price a deep cleaning of a super dirty restaurant. 2100 square feet whole restaurant deep clean. Help meeee. What would you have charged?

Can hire any one home cleaning services provider near you..We are also dealing into these kind of business but operating in Gaithersburg, MD only