Please help meeeee! Restaurant deep clean advice | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Please help meeeee! Restaurant deep clean advice

Aug 10, 2019
Real Name
Sabrina galotti
Hi I’m 27 year old woman I might be in the wrong area but I’m new to this and I normally clean residential but I stubbled upon a one time deep cleaning of a very very dirty restaurant. I’m out of my league. Planned to pressure wash but owner doesn’t have the drainage and preferred against it. The price I bid I felt was fair until I started moving things around.. they have never cleaned there kitchen thoroughly. I left my estimate with some wiggle room I’m not sure if I should have a discussion with the owner. I’m lost! What would you price a deep cleaning of a super dirty restaurant. 2100 square feet whole restaurant deep clean. Help meeee. What would you have charged?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Just go to the owner and explain you realize you cant provide the service to their standard and move on.

Reactions: matt30577
Aug 10, 2019
Real Name
Sabrina galotti
Just go to the owner and explain you realize you cant provide the service to their standard and move on.
Hi! I am capable of finishing the job I’m really just wondering how someone else would bid it. And how they would go about explaining to the customer the increase in price. I originally estimated it would be around .40 per square foot. But that was with a pressure washer. I am scraping the walls by hand now and feel as though I can get it done it’s juat a lot more hours and labor than expected at the time of estimate. I’m sorry I know that’s a lot to take in. Basically I want to know how someone else would price the job I am doing?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
If you are having to scrape by hand I’d be charging at least $1.50 a foot. To clean without scraping I’d be $.75

Do you have a heated pressure washer? Show some pictures of the work you are doing and your equipment.

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
the old Golden Dragon gets a new victim hahahahahahhaha

you can't win this one

70a62256-b0d8-49c5-b86b-9f1ba67fa482_d.jpg

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
If you are having to scrape by hand I’d be charging at least $1.50 a foot. To clean without scraping I’d be $.75

Do you have a heated pressure washer? Show some pictures of the work you are doing and your equipment.
this post is a joke

Aug 10, 2019
Real Name
Sabrina galotti
this post is a joke
Why so? lol is please elaborate. I’m using a scrapper and degreaser it’s years worth of shit. (Honestly the owner should be embarrassed) I need answers. I’m hoping to increase the price but I want to be fair and knowledgeable when addressing the owner. I will NEVER do a restaurant deep cleaning again. But so far it is coming out nicely just I estimated a two day job and I’m going on 4.

Aug 10, 2019
Real Name
Sabrina galotti

My “equipment” at the moment is degreaser a heavy duty scraper and a shop vac. That’s why I’m asking for help. I do have a heated pressure washer. I’m a bit frustrated. I explained I can get rid of the excess water but he insisted I could not use it. The floors are the same.. years of grease and food build up. And we are only talking the kitchen I also have to wash and treat the dining room, bar area wood floors as well as behind the bar. When I wrote my estimate it was with pressure washing the kitchen and bar floors and equipment.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
My “equipment” at the moment is degreaser a heavy duty scraper and a shop vac. That’s why I’m asking for help. I do have a heated pressure washer. I’m a bit frustrated. I explained I can get rid of the excess water but he insisted I could not use it. The floors are the same.. years of grease and food build up. And we are only talking the kitchen I also have to wash and treat the dining room, bar area wood floors as well as behind the bar. When I wrote my estimate it was with pressure washing the kitchen and bar floors and equipment.
Is there a carpet cleaner with a truckmount in your area that you could possibly call and team up with? If you had access to a truckmount you can use a tile spinner which pressure washes and recovers the water. This is probably your best bet.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
get a pressure washer spinner...
and a squeegee and see if you can push it into a drain or out the door?????

or get a portable with a pumpout for extrACTION

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
what state ru in????

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i have cleaned a resturant in the back that had years of thick grease with a TM......royal pain....the state finally shut them down.....

1. use your pressure washer with heat with a spinner...
or tile wand and
2. get a portable extracter with a pumpout
or
walk out on the job.....
without the right equipment no one will be happy!!!!

sorry....i agree with everyone else

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
As soon as the customer changed the equipment you estimated with, the estimate gets rewritten.
Even with a tm you can't avoid hand scraping if you're expecting to get the best results.
I would walk, or plan on being there for 10 days

Aug 10, 2019
Real Name
Sabrina galotti
I wrote specifically that my estimate was subject to change based on any unforeseen labor or extra materials. I’ve basically gotten the job done now I’m just wondering with the exception of a few external things throughout the dining room area. Now I just need to know what I should charges based on how I did the work. I plan to do a walkthrough and explain the extra experiences. In your opinions where should I be at with my price? Based on what I have told you. all tables, fridges, stove, and fry pulled out cleaned under wall and equipment scraped clean kitchen floor, bar floor, mats (dining room, cocktail bar area are wood floors thoroughly cleaned and treated) 2100 square ft. All chairs cleaned and polished bathrooms,pool hall. What would be your price if this was your company?

Aug 10, 2019
Real Name
Sabrina galotti
I clean residential and am employed through a paint company and mostly work with there customers doing large scale houses, move outs and ins. All strictly deep cleans. I’m not familiar with cleaning restaurants and my quote I already know is too low. But maybe I am wrong.. I just want to know what you guys think. Also a lot of these kitchen jobs were extras not included in my original estimate I was mostly under the impression I was doing the outer area thoroughly with basic kitchen cleaning. I think I fudgeed up lol I took on a job I was not prepared for. Residential you kinda know what your getting into. I had to kill mice at this restaurant, remove cockroach nests. This was beyond what any person would have expected.. I need to give him a reasonable yet firm price based on the labor I’ve done. Tia to anyone who has given feedback or opinions I greatly appreciate any help your providing

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Also maybe a silly question but what is a TM
TM is truck mount (carpet cleaning machine that is mountes inside a van or trailer).
Personally I think your price is about 3X's too low but I also think it will be difficult to jump it up that high once you are so far into the job. Price changes NEED to be addressed as soon as something happens that changes them.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
Honest opinion here. You got in over your head. I don't think that anyone here is going to be able to tell you what you should have estimated without walking the job. It sounds like you walked the job and didn't know what to estimate... Your best bet here is to charge a hourly rate, whatever it be, for the work that you put in. Hope the owner agrees and pays your bill.

Somebody in California taking a crap shoot guess and saying I would have charged 5,000 without looking at the job or understanding your local economy isn't going to get you any closer to where you need to be.