Please help! Chinese food stain that wont budge

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Hi all,

So a great customer of mine called saying that an employee had carried a bag of Chinese food across the office not noticing that it had been dripping all the way to the lunch room! Please see pics... the stain is about 30 feet long... I having JUST taking out a huge donut oil spill/ stain at a local church, I was fairly confident that I could get this out with power burst / scrub/ and rinse with a standard wand/liquid slurry.. after going over It, it looked to be gone, but it came back after drying... I went over it again but this time using a citrus gel and rotovac... still nothing! I've been using a ninja portable extractor at 200 psi ...

I asked my supplier for help and they suggested perky spotter... can anyone help me out?

Also, it may be important to note that the boss told me that an employee tried using a Bissell to get it out before hiring me... could this have set the stain?

Thanks for your attention everyone.

Last pic is of the oil spill I cleaned up using the same equipment

IMG_5953.jpg
IMG_5955.jpg
IMG_5954.jpg
IMG_20180316_100139_102.jpg

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
This needs Encapuclean. You can use with Brush Pro, under a 175 RPM machine or with an OP machine like the Vibe.

If you use a pad, it should just barely be damp. Just enough to have a little lubrication. Mix the Encapuclean about double strength in a spray bottle. Apply a heavy mist just outside the stain but not on the stain itself. Use the pad or brush to move the Encapuclean solution across the stained area a few times.

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Thank you scott! I dont have the 175 or pads and my supplier is closed this weekend for Easter and he needs me saturday. I was going to try perky spotter or flex with citrus solv. Pre spray ... manual agitate with a brush.. and Rotovac to extract... would I be wasting my time with this method?

Anything you could suggest with the tools I have?

Many thanks for your time.

Kindly,

Evan

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Thank you scott! I dont have the 175 or pads and my supplier is closed this weekend for Easter and he needs me saturday. I was going to try perky spotter or flex with citrus solv. Pre spray ... manual agitate with a brush.. and Rotovac to extract... would I be wasting my time with this method?

Anything you could suggest with the tools I have?

Many thanks for your time.

Kindly,

Evan
Try the spotter without extraction first. Blot it with a clean white towel. Might be enough to remove it without busting out the Ninja and risking having it come back again. If you do use the extractor I would dial the psi down even more and make lots of dry passes, get that carpet as dry as you can to prevent the stain from coming back.

Reactions: Scott W
May 9, 2016
www.fibertecservices.com
Real Name
Shane Munsey
Business Location
United States
Hi all,

So a great customer of mine called saying that an employee had carried a bag of Chinese food across the office not noticing that it had been dripping all the way to the lunch room! Please see pics... the stain is about 30 feet long... I having JUST taking out a huge donut oil spill/ stain at a local church, I was fairly confident that I could get this out with power burst / scrub/ and rinse with a standard wand/liquid slurry.. after going over It, it looked to be gone, but it came back after drying... I went over it again but this time using a citrus gel and rotovac... still nothing! I've been using a ninja portable extractor at 200 psi ...

I asked my supplier for help and they suggested perky spotter... can anyone help me out?

Also, it may be important to note that the boss told me that an employee tried using a Bissell to get it out before hiring me... could this have set the stain?

Thanks for your attention everyone.

Last pic is of the oil spill I cleaned up using the same equipment

Are you sure it is a stain? I have encountered drag marks that burn the carpet from friction. This will not come out ever.

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Try the spotter without extraction first. Blot it with a clean white towel. Might be enough to remove it without busting out the Ninja and risking having it come back again. If you do use the extractor I would dial the psi down even more and make lots of dry passes, get that carpet as dry as you can to prevent the stain from coming back.

I appreciate you're advice! I'll update after the job. Thank you

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Are you sure it is a stain? I have encountered drag marks that burn the carpet from friction. This will not come out ever.
Apparently someone brought Chinese food for everyone in the office... it's sauce or oil that dripped from the bag! my concern is that by attempting to self clean with the Bissell product, it set the stain... I used a whole line of different grease removers to spot test with no success

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Apparently someone brought Chinese food for everyone in the office... it's sauce or oil that dripped from the bag! my concern is that by attempting to self clean with the Bissell product, it set the stain... I used a whole line of different grease removers to spot test with no success

If the spot is going away then coming back it has not been set.
The spill is deep into the carpet backing and just wicking back.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
As Scott said!
The more water you use the bigger the issue becomes. Go back to your training.
Water and oil don’t mix!
The dryer you can take out the mark (spot) the better off you will be.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I would wait to get a bonnet. I have a hand held bonnet that I use when I don't feel like breaking out the 175 or when I don't have the 175 on me. Works just as well with some elbow grease.

Reactions: Robert86

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
So you're not getting the stain to come out at all? I'm a little confused from your original post where you said, "after going over It, it looked to be gone, but it came back after drying... I went over it again but this time using a citrus gel and rotovac... still nothing! "

I would treat this differently if the stain was going away and wicking back up to the surface. If it's a real stain issue that is not being removed then you can do anything you want to it and it's not going to budge unless you can find an appropriate stain remover. Perky may well remove that stain so it's not out of the question. I suspect that would be classified as a protein stain with a few extras in it for good measure. Sometimes a general spotter like Perky can be a good choice to at least try.

I personally think a lot of times we think a stain is set when really we just didn't have the right spotter on hand or didn't choose the correct one. Perky should remove some stains like that. If it doesn't there is a product I keep in the van just because sometimes it removes stuff that nothing else I've tried will. I picked it up at my local supplier. The product is Core products Unbelievable for Food and Beverage stains. I rarely use the stuff, but it's been a lifesaver on a few occasions. If you already have a good enzyme-based spotter you might give that a shot since the Unbelievable is enzyme based. You will likely need some dwell time for the enzyme to work. I would test a short area first before applying and possibly waste a bunch of spot remover.

If this is a stain that's going away and coming back then the encap method might be the best choice. There's other stuff that can be tried, but I would almost bet the proper stain remover or encap should solve it. Stains can seem impossible UNTIL you put the right stain remover on it. I've seen this many, many times over the years. But, sometimes they really are permanent. I personally doubt that's the case here but it is possible of course.

Last edited:

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
I have great success with most stains using a product called Avenge Pro by Bridgepoint.
Use a bone scraper to scrape up any solids, vacuum residual, apply Avenge Pro to the stain, brush in with tamping brush and let it dwell for about 5 mins. Scrape up the foamy residue and the stain, and rinse thoroughly!
e22dcd929a58552a3533776aa1caec70.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W