Please give me your input!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
perhaps having a small trailer set up for your vehicle to tow might be the best way to go. Or using rotovac xtractor which is small

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I've been doing a lot of listening and reading and researching the past few days about all sorts of things. Instead of a minivan I'm thinking trailer or one of the smaller delivery vans like a transit connect or promaster city. I need to do more research on the capacity of those.

The on board fresh water tank isnt necessary but all the customers I've had who ask if I need their water are usually a little put off by it and light up when I tell them I have my own. Especially in the nicer neighborhoods. However they don't seem to mind if I need to top up my tank if I run low at their house so maybe a smaller one for appearances. Starting out I only plan to do 1-2 jobs a day on my weekends.

Also I've been trying to learn as much as I can about bonnet cleaning. As much encapsulation as I've done I've never actually used a bonnet. Only a crb or cimex with some encap and vacuuming it when it dries. Bit I love all these suggestions please keep them coming

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I've been doing a lot of listening and reading and researching the past few days about all sorts of things. Instead of a minivan I'm thinking trailer or one of the smaller delivery vans like a transit connect or promaster city. I need to do more research on the capacity of those.

The on board fresh water tank isnt necessary but all the customers I've had who ask if I need their water are usually a little put off by it and light up when I tell them I have my own. Especially in the nicer neighborhoods. However they don't seem to mind if I need to top up my tank if I run low at their house so maybe a smaller one for appearances. Starting out I only plan to do 1-2 jobs a day on my weekends.

Also I've been trying to learn as much as I can about bonnet cleaning. As much encapsulation as I've done I've never actually used a bonnet. Only a crb or cimex with some encap and vacuuming it when it dries. Bit I love all these suggestions please keep them coming
Customers rarely ask us about using their water but water is cheap in the northwest.

When they do ask just tell them it will be less than 1 bathtub worth

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
If you do decide to have a fresh water tank

do consider that you will have to charge them extra and not low. Youll be providing water therefore itll be your water bill. Also you might need to refill so itll have to be your customers water to refill or the inconvenience of having to return to your base for refilling.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
That shouldn't be a problem. That's what my prices are originally based on anyway. Also I looked recently at one of the new rotovac portables as suggested and it looks great but that filter in the tank has me cringing. It looks like a nightmare to clean if you do even a mid-level soiling job. Is there any other option for it people have come up with?

Also for larger/stronger portables what kind of cfm/lift do I need to run 75-125 feet of hose off of it?