Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Here is a new print ad we are running. Please critique. Don’t hold back...

Reactions: Fedri and admin

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I like it! Looks great! The product sells itself if it's that good!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I'm not a fan of negative critique marketing.

The big companies aren't necessarily the enemies and we all can be judged based on our circumstances and position.
Can you define what changes you would make? Thx

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
You can keep the idea of, "Tired of not knowing what's filler and what's premium quality ingredients in your chemicals?" "TMF has a 100% commitment to quality with our line of "TOP SHELF" products"

Honestly the whole pee on your leg thing seems to distract from the overall message - I get it was an attempt at humor but it comes off crude and unprofessional. I'd scrap that entire part.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
You have to set yourself apart from the crowd. I personally love to laugh.
So for me it gets the point across!
And your geared more towards professionals. We know what your getting at and pushing towards.
I think it's just fine

Reactions: rob allen

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Going to have to second the not a fan of negative critique marketing.

If someone had a particular product they thought was good they would probably view your ad in a non-favorable light.(At least in my opinion) Because they already dont think the products they are using are poor, so the ads not selling them anything, it didnt give them a reason to try something new. This would appeal to those who are disgruntled with the products they are currently using, who would most likely already be trying new products already. Most experienced Cleaners probably are not regularly swapping products every month, i know once i found something that worked i just stuck too it, and would only try a new product at this point if i was sold that its superior in some way.

Thats just my 2 cents, I prefer ads that explain why their products are amazing and don't try to convince me that a product I'm already using thats good in my books is garbage. Because to be frank i just dismiss the ad.

Not to say some critique is bad, but i felt like this ad was just that when it could have done a mix of a slight critique with selling factors of your product(Ours products more concentrated than competitors!, then proceed to list amazing features of your product?)

Thats my 2 cents.

Reactions: Mama Fen and sbsscn

zigdog

Jan 20, 2011
Southern California
www.goodfaithcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Tony H.
Business Location
United States
Yeah, I have to agree about attacking the big chemical companies. You might want to try something along the lines of :

"After extensive research we have found that most formulations on the market....." blah, blah. I'm not a copywriter but you get the idea. As far as the ad for Unchained...Scrap it and start over. Looks like you tried to save money and do it yourself. On the cheap. Sometimes it's worth it in the long run to pay a professional.

As a consumer I like to feel like I am dealing with a professional company. Also a money back guarantee might persuade me to try your products.

Reactions: sbsscn

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
The 4th that too!!

I dont see it necessary to bad mouth. Just offer a great product with performance results to back it up and an affordable price.

Although cute I dont see why its needed to have a dog raising its leg on a foot

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
If youd like you can use my silly ideas or modify them.

"Unchain the issue When odor is a problem"

"unchain the odor from your carpet"

"When odor had you chained...unchain it with unchained"

Reactions: admin

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Have a carpet cleaner trying to clean but struggling to do so since has a bunch of chains wrapped around him.

Next panel have your unchained product in the background as the carpet cleaner swells up like the hulk breaking the chains. Make the wand spew a belch of steam out that rips a path of sparkling clean carpet on the dirty floors as well for added effect :p

Reactions: rob allen and admin

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
needs to be vegan natural and non-GMO

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Rob if you attack the big companies they will bite you as well. I think you should get rid of the 'tired of the big companies...' line but instead put something like 'no fillers and low quality active ingredients....' etc explain why your product is great, and list down some important features.

I like the 'top shelf product'

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Don't let Legend brands video rattle your chains and don't fire back in similar fashion.

%'s on item #3 of SDS's tell all right!? Jus sayin
Yeah you would think since an SDS sheet is made with safety in mind users would be made aware of the percentages. I imagine those ingredients and their percentages are referenced because they are known to be dangerous, harmful, or contribute to negative effects for the user.

If that info isn’t provided can one really discern what is safer or of better quality?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I was too late to make changes this go around but I will on the next months. Thanks for the tips.