Placemat Marketing

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning Marketing' started by Cayce S, Dec 16, 2016.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Cayce S

Cayce S New Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone ever tried placing an ad on a placemat? It would be in a popular local italian / pizza restaurant.
    Thanks

2. shane deubell

Premium VIP

May 8, 2006
    Male
    Ratings:
    +17,705 / 83 / -5
    NO!!!!!!!!!!! use the search feature

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhoneWagon

PhoneWagon New Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    If you do try this you definitely need a way to track if it's effective so you can decide quickly whether it's working or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ken Raddon

Ken Raddon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    UT
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 8 / -0
    Tried it and it flopped. As did phone book covers (can you tell how old I am?). As did radio ads.

5. Top Notch Carpet Cleaning

May 23, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    No. Also no grocery receipts, grocery carts, golf card score card ads, school sports schedule posters and radio service announcements.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TMF Forums mobile app

6. Top Notch Carpet Cleaning

May 23, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mac M

Mac M Member

May 11, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    If it is going to hurt you financially to try it then don't do it. If it won't, then give it a shot. Regardless it will help with your branding. Everyone's market is different so what doesn't or didn't work for one might work for another. I was told that I would be wasting my money if I paid to be in the phone book so I didn't do it but I got approached by the phone book and they offered me a good deal and I took it because it wouldn't hurt me at the time and I did very well with it and was very happy that I invested.

8. PhoneWagon

PhoneWagon New Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Curious to know how you were able to quantify how effective it was? Did you simply ask the customers how they found you or were you tracking it some other way?

9. Mac M

Mac M Member

May 11, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0

I knew because the sales guy put at the header " Affordable Carpet Cleaning " so a lot of people would call and I would answer with our company name and they would ask " is this affordable carpet cleaning? ". Lol I was mad at first but it helped me track it. And sometimes I would just ask the customer. Also it was obvious because the book went all around the county and I started getting calls from areas I had never advertised in.