Pics do no justice, Revive it rocket on nasty commercial carpet

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
What you can do. If you have shampoo tank. Put ball vavle in line so you can control solution better. And run fiber pad. Say a hall way. Place bonnet about idk 50’ down hall. Work your way towards it using fiber pad and shower feed carefully dont over wet. Then when you reach bonnet switch. Backtrack over with bonnet. Work your way back to fiber pad and switch. Thats how i did commercial working alone. If you have help have them moving a few steps ahead spraying in front of you and just bonnet. On board sprayer is great for this. I had pics on here with floorcaremd helping me out to make spray system. Great for large areas. I had removed it because it was freakin heavy lol. I had hard time with it in homes. And only have 2 church’s to do. So i disassembled it.
Dip method is exactly what he's doing. Seems to work alright for him but I think it would work better if he got more bonnets.

I do not have a solution tank on my machine, so I spray an area, bonnet, spray, bonnet... Rigging up a spray system on my 175 would be awesome. Or course it already weighs almost 100 pounds without one, lol. I had to have the 20"

Jun 28, 2008
canada
Real Name
zack zia
Business Location
United States
I used energizer with surround before. It was only a sample piece of carpet i let my daughter and kids in the neighborhood trash. I filled a watering can with all kinds of nasty. Beer, iced tea, coke, coffee i think, grape juice all sorts of stuff. And showered a white nylon carpet. They rode bikes over it. And threw mud all over it. I rolled it out in shed to dry. Instead of the typical spill and immediately clean test. I went though so many bonnets lol. For such a small area. But it came pretty damn clean lol. I showed pic before ill see if i can find it. I have a pretty dirty worn carpet i just ripped out today in limrick pa. Again another builder grade nylon greyish from 1998 says the upc tag. Ill give omega and bright all a whirl when it comes in. John is purdy quick with the shipping so probably mess with it this weekend.

I was sold on this method after this. Boosted my confidence in vlm.

awesome
is this carpet cleaned with 175 rpm or 300 rpm

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I used energizer with surround before. It was only a sample piece of carpet i let my daughter and kids in the neighborhood trash. I filled a watering can with all kinds of nasty. Beer, iced tea, coke, coffee i think, grape juice all sorts of stuff. And showered a white nylon carpet. They rode bikes over it. And threw mud all over it. I rolled it out in shed to dry. Instead of the typical spill and immediately clean test. I went though so many bonnets lol. For such a small area. But it came pretty damn clean lol. I showed pic before ill see if i can find it. I have a pretty dirty worn carpet i just ripped out today in limrick pa. Again another builder grade nylon greyish from 1998 says the upc tag. Ill give omega and bright all a whirl when it comes in. John is purdy quick with the shipping so probably mess with it this weekend.

I was sold on this method after this. Boosted my confidence in vlm.

awesome
is this carpet cleaned with 175 rpm or 300 rpm

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
What you can do. If you have shampoo tank. Put ball vavle in line so you can control solution better. And run fiber pad. Say a hall way. Place bonnet about idk 50’ down hall. Work your way towards it using fiber pad and shower feed carefully dont over wet. Then when you reach bonnet switch. Backtrack over with bonnet. Work your way back to fiber pad and switch. Thats how i did commercial working alone. If you have help have them moving a few steps ahead spraying in front of you and just bonnet. On board sprayer is great for this. I had pics on here with floorcaremd helping me out to make spray system. Great for large areas. I had removed it because it was freakin heavy lol. I had hard time with it in homes. And only have 2 church’s to do. So i disassembled it.
Dip method is exactly what he's doing. Seems to work alright for him but I think it would work better if he got more bonnets.

I do not have a solution tank on my machine, so I spray an area, bonnet, spray, bonnet... Rigging up a spray system on my 175 would be awesome. Or course it already weighs almost 100 pounds without one, lol. I had to have the 20"
Yeah thats why i took it back off. Machine is like right around 100lbs as is. An electric sprayer would be best. Pump ups are just slow mo. Maybe even a pepsi sprayer. Anything but the pump ups lol. I hates them im tellin ya

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
Yeah thats why i took it back off. Machine is like right around 100lbs as is. An electric sprayer would be best. Pump ups are just slow mo. Maybe even a pepsi sprayer. Anything but the pump ups lol. I hates them im tellin ya
Or this. With heat or not.:) 220 psi lightweight and works superb with my hot turbo.
2017-12-13 12.57.53.jpg

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Or this. With heat or not.:) 220 psi lightweight and works superb with my hot turbo.
View attachment 75232
Remember ryankettering? Thats exactly what he said he used.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
The Mini is 89 pounds with the sprayer. Hard to keep the weight down and add the toys.
Whats it like running with a full tank on the handle? I've never run one with a sprayer attached and its always looked to me like it would be awkward, least at first, to suddenly have, what, 3 - 5 gallons of water on the handle.

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
The first gen machine had a 5 gallon tank mounted high on the handle. Great run time but it was heavy. The Never Spill design cuts the weight in half and greatly lowers the center of gravity. I thought the machine would feel unbalanced as the jug is on one side, but you never feels that way.
1517412326613.png

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Just ordered a jug of Omega and a small can of Bright All to give a try. Ive used Omega a ways back when it first came out. I liked it. It was a orange scent then. Or you had a choice of citrus or profresh?.. I like the pro fresh though. Makes everything smell good. The carpet, the bonnets, the brushes, my shoes, my 175, my van lol all smell good when profresh is in the encap juice. Bright all though. Havnt tried it yet. Im in slow season now. So dont want to store peroxide stuff. Bright all my be the ticket for me during slow times.
Ta-dah! Suuuuu-pa quick. Showed up this morning
love the profresh scent. :) thank you sir

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
Thats great, so glad it got to you on time and in good condition.

Tip: When using the Bright All the scoop is equal to 2 ounces.
I use a 16oz measuring cup and fill it about 1/3 of the way with hot water. Then I pour in my scoop of Bright All and swirl, then filling the cup the rest of the way with hot water.
Then poor that into your stock solution.
It takes a few extra seconds but it will mix much better and provide a better result for you.
This way you dont get a "powder pyramid" in the bottom of your main container.

One other note: With our peroxide products they can be mixed with water and stay "active" for several days. With this type of booster the clock starts running once water is added so you want to mix and use it right away. Its good for hours not days after water is added.

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
I had a feeling that you were going to say Direct Mop Sales. Yeah....they're okay, but pale in comparison to Bonnet Pro's Ironman 100% cotton bonnets.

I highly suggest you buy them as well as John's Revive plus pads. The difference is day and night...hot and cold... up and down. Know what I mean? Those bonnets with green stripes are junk and don't scrub worth a damn.(y)
Why are they so thin? What about thicker cotton bonnets instead? Thanks, Patrick

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Its a water box and it was discontinued a few years ago.
That sucks. I thought that was a good idea they had there. Being it could separate like that. Good for the guys working from minivans or with bad backs. I know vlm guys who loved it. They could use water box as a spray station or use it to flush urine from pad/carpet. Too bad they discontinued it. Seems the stuff that works and people really like always gets the axe.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Why are they so thin? What about thicker cotton bonnets instead? Thanks, Patrick
Believe it or not, the thicker ones don't really pull out any more water/soil then the thinner bonnet pro's. They can potentially hold more sure, but the surface yarns that contact the carpet will be soiled long before they absorb their max. So they will just be spreading dirt. I use the thicker ones when dirt removal isn't as important as water removal.

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
You are mistaken with the above comment. I have cleaned for 33 years and have had all type of equipment including multiple truck mounts. Everybody does not know what you said as it is not accurate. So a bonnet grinds in the dirt dirt but water pressure doesn't flush to the bottom? I had more wick backs with extraction compared to bonnet. I love extraction buts its not the only way you can clean a carpet. If the soil was all ground in the bonnets in the below pic would not be dirty.

While extraction can remove a larger about of soil more quickly it often cannot remove the "film" that the mechanical scrubbing of the bonnet can remove. Take your car to the self service car wash hit it with the high pressure gun the has a much higher psi and flow rate from even a truckmount. Spray as long as you like and when your done you can still rub the paints surface with your finger and take off the "film" that was left behind. Lower pressure and a smooth glide often cant remove this film. I would often bonnet after my truckmount to get the full clean accomplished on heavier soiling conditions. Not to mention dealing with large accounts and long hose runs is not profitable as compared to a LM setup. Ive 500 foot runs in large nursing homes complexes, not fun. The pics below all used cold water to achieve the results. Hot water does help stimulate peroxcide based cleanrs like Rcket during the rinse stage.
scrub 1.jpg
scrub 2.jpg
soiled jobs.

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
You are mistaken with the above comment. I have cleaned for 33 years and have had all type of equipment including multiple truck mounts. Everybody does not know what you said as it is not accurate. So a bonnet grinds in the dirt dirt but water pressure doesn't flush to the bottom? I had more wick backs with extraction compared to bonnet. I love extraction buts its not the only way you can clean a carpet. If the soil was all ground in the bonnets in the below pic would not be dirty.

While extraction can remove a larger about of soil more quickly it often cannot remove the "film" that the mechanical scrubbing of the bonnet can remove. Take your car to the self service car wash hit it with the high pressure gun the has a much higher psi and flow rate from even a truckmount. Spray as long as you like and when your done you can still rub the paints surface with your finger and take off the "film" that was left behind. Lower pressure and a smooth glide often cant remove this film. I would often bonnet after my truckmount to get the full clean accomplished on heavier soiling conditions. Not to mention dealing with large accounts and long hose runs is not profitable as compared to a LM setup. Ive 500 foot runs in large nursing homes complexes, not fun. The pics below all used cold water to achieve the results. Hot water does help stimulate peroxcide based cleanrs like Rcket during the rinse stage. View attachment 78622 View attachment 78623 soiled jobs.

Hi John, how are you? This is in reference to which post? Thanks, Pat