Pics do no justice, Revive it rocket on nasty commercial carpet

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
You freakin' DIAPER TWIRLERS crack me the hell up !!
EVERYBODY " knows " you're just grinding the dirt deeper into the carpet with the pads and just spreading it around so it " looks " cleaner WHEN REALLY the carpet isn't clean .
If your heart is set on spreading the dirt around method at least by a $2-3 thousand dollar CRB and an OP machine around $2-5 thousand so at least you'll look " professional " doing it . EVERYBODY " knows " that antiquated 175 you're using isn't worth crap to " clean " with !! That OCV guy tried to give you " advice " . Well , bless his heart, BUT you really need to get with the " program " and go get a loan !! You NEED to borrow AT LEAST $150,000 to get " started " in this business with a decent van and FIRE BREATHING truckmount plus some bells and whistles to impress the customers .
EVERYBODY " knows " you can't " clean " with " cold " water !!
You seem like a nice guy and I'm only trying to save you from yourself !!
All the Best , Ed
P.S. HA !!!
Ed!!!! Schuykill or the Delaware river your choice ;)

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I also used Omegazyme in another one of their offices, it did great too. Carpet wasn't as bad but still, I was very impressed.
Which did you like better, Omega or Rocket?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Which did you like better, Omega or Rocket?
Hard to say, there was a pretty big difference in the condition of the carpet in each office. The one in the pictures was the first office I did and the worst, it has the most traffic in it (about 20 + people through the day use it). The office I used the Omegazyme in was the last office and I only used it because I didn't have enough Rocket left to finish. It was by far the cleanest being the bookkeepers office. Very little traffic. So I don't think I could fairly say one was better over the other in this case. I will say that I liked the smell of Rocket better. Most enzyme products I don't care for their smell.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
You freakin' DIAPER TWIRLERS crack me the hell up !!
EVERYBODY " knows " you're just grinding the dirt deeper into the carpet with the pads and just spreading it around so it " looks " cleaner WHEN REALLY the carpet isn't clean .
If your heart is set on spreading the dirt around method at least by a $2-3 thousand dollar CRB and an OP machine around $2-5 thousand so at least you'll look " professional " doing it . EVERYBODY " knows " that antiquated 175 you're using isn't worth crap to " clean " with !! That OCV guy tried to give you " advice " . Well , bless his heart, BUT you really need to get with the " program " and go get a loan !! You NEED to borrow AT LEAST $150,000 to get " started " in this business with a decent van and FIRE BREATHING truckmount plus some bells and whistles to impress the customers .
EVERYBODY " knows " you can't " clean " with " cold " water !!
You seem like a nice guy and I'm only trying to save you from yourself !!
All the Best , Ed
P.S. HA !!!

You're right. How dare me...I....us....you....them.....:p:D

1517267414795.png

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rocket if organic soils are present, Zyme is food based oils and greases are heavy, either for everyday stuff depending on your personal preference of scent and performance with your customers.
How do you differentiate in a home? Isn't most everything organic and grease/oil?

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Just ordered a jug of Omega and a small can of Bright All to give a try. Ive used Omega a ways back when it first came out. I liked it. It was a orange scent then. Or you had a choice of citrus or profresh?.. I like the pro fresh though. Makes everything smell good. The carpet, the bonnets, the brushes, my shoes, my 175, my van lol all smell good when profresh is in the encap juice. Bright all though. Havnt tried it yet. Im in slow season now. So dont want to store peroxide stuff. Bright all my be the ticket for me during slow times.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Just ordered a jug of Omega and a small can of Bright All to give a try. Ive used Omega a ways back when it first came out. I liked it. It was a orange scent then. Or you had a choice of citrus or profresh?.. I like the pro fresh though. Makes everything smell good. The carpet, the bonnets, the brushes, my shoes, my 175, my van lol all smell good when profresh is in the encap juice. Bright all though. Havnt tried it yet. Im in slow season now. So dont want to store peroxide stuff. Bright all my be the ticket for me during slow times.
I don't like storing peroxides this time of year either. They just sit on the shelf loosing strength. Try to use them all up before November. I've got a sample of Robs PureO2 that I love. Don't have to worry about it. Looking forward to comparing it to Bright All.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I don't like storing peroxides this time of year either. They just sit on the shelf loosing strength. Try to use them all up before November. I've got a sample of Robs PureO2 that I love. Don't have to worry about it. Looking forward to comparing it to Bright All.
I used energizer with surround before. It was only a sample piece of carpet i let my daughter and kids in the neighborhood trash. I filled a watering can with all kinds of nasty. Beer, iced tea, coke, coffee i think, grape juice all sorts of stuff. And showered a white nylon carpet. They rode bikes over it. And threw mud all over it. I rolled it out in shed to dry. Instead of the typical spill and immediately clean test. I went though so many bonnets lol. For such a small area. But it came pretty damn clean lol. I showed pic before ill see if i can find it. I have a pretty dirty worn carpet i just ripped out today in limrick pa. Again another builder grade nylon greyish from 1998 says the upc tag. Ill give omega and bright all a whirl when it comes in. John is purdy quick with the shipping so probably mess with it this weekend.

I was sold on this method after this. Boosted my confidence in vlm.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I used energizer with surround before. It was only a sample piece of carpet i let my daughter and kids in the neighborhood trash. I filled a watering can with all kinds of nasty. Beer, iced tea, coke, coffee i think, grape juice all sorts of stuff. And showered a white nylon carpet. They rode bikes over it. And threw mud all over it. I rolled it out in shed to dry. Instead of the typical spill and immediately clean test. I went though so many bonnets lol. For such a small area. But it came pretty damn clean lol. I showed pic before ill see if i can find it. I have a pretty dirty worn carpet i just ripped out today in limrick pa. Again another builder grade nylon greyish from 1998 says the upc tag. Ill give omega and bright all a whirl when it comes in. John is purdy quick with the shipping so probably mess with it this weekend.

I was sold on this method after this. Boosted my confidence in vlm.

"I went though so many bonnets lol. For such a small area. But it came pretty damn clean lol."

I go until the carpet looks notably better, and then keep going over with fresh bonnets until I can cover an area and the bonnet looks about the same as it did when I put it on. To me that indicates there is no more soil to pull out.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I guess though with an encap I don't need to worry about getting all the soil pulled out with the bonnet, just worked in so it can be removed later with a good vacuuming.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I guess though with an encap I don't need to worry about getting all the soil pulled out with the bonnet, just worked in so it can be removed later with a good vacuuming.
I do as you said. Clean until bonnets look as good as they did when put on. This way you removed as much soil as possible. I dont want to rely on encap. I feel better knowing i got it all out or as much as possible anyway with the bonnets. Honestly though how dirty my test was. If that were a home ide hwe. Had that been a full living room and dining room. I would need quite a few cases of bonnets. Think i used 5 there. And it was full 7’ x 10’ so i cleaned only bout 40 sqft with 5 bonnets . It did though boost my confidence in vlm. I saved those pics to remind me “It Can Be Done”

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I do as you said. Clean until bonnets look as good as they did when put on. This way you removed as much soil as possible. I dont want to rely on encap. I feel better knowing i got it all out or as much as possible anyway with the bonnets. Honestly though how dirty my test was. If that were a home ide hwe. Had that been a full living room and dining room. I would need quite a few cases of bonnets. Think i used 5 there. And it was full 7’ x 10’ so i cleaned only bout 40 sqft with 5 bonnets . It did though boost my confidence in vlm. I saved those pics to remind me “It Can Be Done”
Do you ever wring out bonnets to get more use on one job? I did that for the first time on this job, changing the water in the buckets (I was doing a 2 bucket system) for every bonnet I wrung out to keep clean water. I know someone who will do an entire building, 7,000 sq ft of carpet, with just 3 bonnets that way. It worked but left almost as much water in the carpet as HWE with a good porty. Not sure its worth it, I'd rather have more bonnets.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Do you ever wring out bonnets to get more use on one job? I did that for the first time on this job, changing the water in the buckets (I was doing a 2 bucket system) for every bonnet I wrung out to keep clean water. I know someone who will do an entire building, 7,000 sq ft of carpet, with just 3 bonnets that way. It worked but left almost as much water in the carpet as HWE with a good porty. Not sure its worth it, I'd rather have more bonnets.
Not with Johns bonnets. Only the thin cloth type pads like Glad or challenger. The micro fiber with stripes from mop sales? Eh i did once to get by. Bonnet pro bonnets need to be machine washed. They hold onto the moisture and soil too good. I guess in a pinch you can get by. I carry minimum of 2 cases procotton with me. And 4 micros with stripes and one shaggy dog lookin one. That one is my back up.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Also sounds like he was doing the old method. Dipping bonnet in solution and running. I dont like that way. I prefer to spray then bonnet. Just like you would clean off a counter top. Soaking a rag then wiping the counter smears dirt all over. Very little is picked up on the rag. As its already loaded with moisture and filth. Also the pad will start off wet then loose its solution as you move.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
What you can do. If you have shampoo tank. Put ball vavle in line so you can control solution better. And run fiber pad. Say a hall way. Place bonnet about idk 50’ down hall. Work your way towards it using fiber pad and shower feed carefully dont over wet. Then when you reach bonnet switch. Backtrack over with bonnet. Work your way back to fiber pad and switch. Thats how i did commercial working alone. If you have help have them moving a few steps ahead spraying in front of you and just bonnet. On board sprayer is great for this. I had pics on here with floorcaremd helping me out to make spray system. Great for large areas. I had removed it because it was freakin heavy lol. I had hard time with it in homes. And only have 2 church’s to do. So i disassembled it.