Pet urine stains | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Pet urine stains

Newcarpetguy

Oct 5, 2019
Real Name
Carl
Any advice on getting the yellow pet urine stains out of carpet? Any advice will help. I can lighten it but it doesn’t come totally out.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Any advice on getting the yellow pet urine stains out of carpet? Any advice will help. I can lighten it but it doesn’t come totally out.
Afraid to say I might not know the complete and technical answer or maybe I just haven't come across serious enough urine stains..

But, some TMF Black Label, little Pros Grade Citrus Solvent, and some Unchained seem to get rid of nearly everything..

I think the technical answer might be using a peroxide based solution or oxidizer..

Reactions: LeeRoy

Newcarpetguy

Oct 5, 2019
Real Name
Carl
Thank you! I’ve been using the spiked pre spray and like I said, it lightens it but doesn’t remove it. I was going to try the unchained by TMF but wanted to ask around and see what I could learn.

Reactions: Select

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Some of them will be permanent especially on nylon. However, a good peroxide stain remover is the most effective way to remove them if it's humanly possible. These almost always need to be sprayed on last step and left to work for the best results. There are some other things I could suggest, but this is the most important one and I think the one most used and most effective.I'm doing a job tomorrow where there is severe yellow stains in one bedroom. I'm almost 100% certain that nothing on earth will remove them. I think the damage is permanent. I will still do my best because I informed the customer and she still wants me to try so I will.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Thank you!
Do you have any pictures or more info? Sometimes little nuances matter. Was the urine coming from the dog being on antibiotics, how big is the stain , did you use spot lifter to eliminate stain, does the padding have a moisture barrier and such. We've been talking about mitigating urine salts on many occasions and there are so many ways how to deal with it, from OSR and bucket method ( the most effective for some members) trough UPT- Pro's Choice or using stain remover
( peroxide based - I prefer Prochem)which might require additional visit after application, covering it overnight and revisit it next day and rinse it out. I carry minimum of 5 products for urine treatment, that includes Odorx, Unleashed , Pro's Choice Os-1, which is also great for old blood spots and Odorcide , formula 210, which works great for smaller areas . Spray liberally on dry carpet, roll it in and repeat if needed. That's done in case when customer is not open to idea of pulling out carpeting and removing padding... it has nothing to do with taking out stains.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I will add this if anyone is interested. On very rare occasions, I found that a 2 part stain remover could remove some urine stains that a single part peroxide couldn't remove. If I have a lot of urine stains I will either pretreat them all before starting the job with something like Matrix Bad Dog or another strong peroxide and only post-treat those that weren't removed. On nylon or wool, the chances of it being permanent are far more likely so the customer is informed before any work is done. Under-promise and over-deliver. It's great when you can remove them all, but that just doesn't happen all the time in the real world. Most of the urine jobs I've done over the years didn't have permanent staining and many didn't require any actual stain removers.

Reactions: Luky

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yeah it really is a crapshoot, I had a house a few days ago, yellow stains in every room. I mixed up a heavy peroxide pre-spray by spiking with sodium percarbonate like wandwizard stated, some of the stains popped right out, some didn't pop at all.

There are too many factors at play.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Get a carpet syringe and inject urine enzyme into the pad. When cleaning, just clean the top of the carpet. Do not get the pad wet or it will all come back.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Any suggestions on what to use on an old sofa that wreaks of cat piss? I don't care about damage to the sofa as it's old already, I just want the smell gone, any beefier solution?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I own 1 or 2 syringes and used them, but I've always questioned the process. How many urine stains in the room can you treat this way and how efficient treatment will be. As a supportive method it's okay, not as stand alone . It does work just perfect for a cgd to get rid of the bubles, but than you're in need another tool, which is roller. Just recently I had bad case of urine treatments, so I used combo, pre treatment, acid rinse and post treatment for dry application 210 formula by Odorcide.
We're trying our best, but in extreme cases there is only one way to do it right and that is.
1. Pull the carpet out and dispose of it
2. Remove and dispose of the padding
3. Scrub, disinfect an seal the subfloor
No OSR or other
" effective " products will give you 100 % guarantees in eliminating the stains and odor. Some might disagree but I stand by my statement!
After completing the nasty job, very conservative costumer sent me compliment about wonderful job I've done. In my eyes, the only difference I made was, I would be willing to go back and not wearing the half masks.
Simply put, you can't fix 3 year neglect of carpeting ( 2 cats confined in 2 small rooms in the basement with no windows) in 2 hours ....

Attachments