Pet urine smell on hardwood floor

Chris F.

Aug 23, 2015
Real Name
Ciprian Fiastru
Hello All,

We have a property management request to get rid of pet urine smell in a unit with hardwood floor. I made my recommendation they said nothing expensive so no sanding or refinishing . Does Unchained works on hardwood floor? It will be safe to use?

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen
Business Location
United States
Hello All,

We have a property management request to get rid of pet urine smell in a unit with hardwood floor. I made my recommendation they said nothing expensive so no sanding or refinishing . Does Unchained works on hardwood floor? It will be safe to use?
I don’t know because I’ve never tried it but probably not because unchained has to soak in to be effective and that could cause issues with the wood staying wet too long. Ozone machine in there for a few hours might be your best bet for getting the smell reduced significantly and still keep cost lowish.

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
Ive used OUT on subfloor after cleaning the floor and then applied out to the affected areas and when it dries if the odor is not gone apply one more time and let it dry and it's gone. That has been my experience.