Pet Jobs question for @scott w and @mama fen

Discussion in 'Bio-Hazard, Crime Scene, Trauma, Cleanup Forum' started by jtsunbrite, Aug 10, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP Top Poster of Month

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,114 / 11 / -0
    @Scott W , @Mama Fen

So this morning willie calls me and says the pet treatment is acting weird and its turning the pet stains bright yellow! So I drive over to the job site and sure enough its turning them dark yellow.

So I have seen this before but its been a long time since ive seen this happen.

Scott when you look at the carpet there are some pee looking stains and some that don't even show up to the naked eye but when you spray the Pet force or enzall or even get them wet , they immediately turn dark yellow and it doesn't go away and you cannot rinse them out or clean them out.

In my opinion no one I have ever asked has seen this but I believe its the prescription drugs that the old dog has taken... Do you think this as well because It was an old dog that lived there that has since died and it had been taking a lot of drugs because of health reasons..

I recommended replacement and we immediately rinsed off all equipment we took inside that house...

Scott , tom, mama - is that stuff toxic to humans? could we have blown it up in the air because of the heat from the Truckmount?

Im waiting to see the responses from everyone...

I have no pics but when I pulled back the carpet it was completely peed up on the backing..

2. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,332 / 0 / -0
    The vet tech in me wants to answer the medications part first, lol, to relieve your anxiety.

Could any meds in the dog's urine harm you? It's a very very very faint possibility but not very likely at all.

Dogs weigh much less than most people, so it's usually the reverse - a dose of something for a person could be enough to kill a dog because their system can't handle it. There are also meds we can take, like Tylenol, that are lethal to animals even in tiny doses because their kidneys can't process them. So I wouldn't worry overmuch on that. Anything processed out as urine and left in the carpet, medicine-wise, is going to be pretty much inert unless we're talking wicked nasty chemo chems for cancer treatment, and even that can only be "active" for so long in waste matter.

As for the spots, without pics it's hard to say what happened and even then it will be difficult to pinpoint with so many variables. It's possible the dog's owner hit the spots with Windex, vinegar, Resolve, or any of a host of other off-the-shelf cleaners that have had a chemical reaction with the urine and have now changed it into something else. The pee-soaked padding tells me the custy just kept letting it happen and probably sprayed or slopped something down every now and then, and that many of the urine spots are probably old.

If the dog was suffering from CHF, thyroid disease, or renal depression, which is common in older animals, their urine also tends to be very dark browny-yellow, and is super-concentrated and stinky. If the dog had a UTI, it could have been on pyridium, which is also used in humans, and which makes urine bright orange or red (water could have been re-activating the dissolved pyridium). There's also the question of what kind of carpet this was on, if there was any chemical residue in the lines or the sprayer that might have affected your spray, what the tech did between attempts, etc. So really, I can't make any kind of educated guess as to the source of the weird color change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jtsunbrite

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,114 / 11 / -0
    well at least im not going to die,,,,, thank you for the info,,,,,, we left the house today before thinking about snapping off some pics

4. Carlo Pro

Carlo Pro Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +828 / 0 / -0
    I've seen that......Still alive
    same here, Urine plus medicine plus customer added something OTC staff.
    patch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jtsunbrite

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,114 / 11 / -0
    yeah I wish I could patch them all but the back of the carpet was soaked in pee and over a thousand spots of it in that house

6. M4sT3R T3CH

M4sT3R T3CH Active Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Carpet Tech
    Topeka
    Ratings:
    +123 / 3 / -0
    Sounds like the carpet is ruined. I have seen this with dogs on UTI medicine as well. I couldnt remove them either.

7. jtsunbrite

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,114 / 11 / -0
    very much ruined,, those dark yellow stains are not coming out

• Like Like x 1