Peroxide booster | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Peroxide booster

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
I'm looking for a Peroxide booster I can add to my presprays and rinses. Ideally I would like just peroxide with no additives. Any suggestions?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Will this have any negative effect on encap solutions?
It depends upon the specific encap solution. Many encaps are formulated to work best at a particular pH level. Change the pH level much and they won't work as well. They may even begin forming the polymers before the solution has been applied to the carpet and get sticky.

Encap solutions that already have some oxygen booster included usually work best at the same pH as the oxygen booster. Thus if there is a little oxygen in it already, you can probably add another ounce or two per gallon and be OK.

Oxygen boosters have a pH around 10.0 in most cases. Check the pH of your particular encap solution. See how close it is to 10. If it is near neutral or acid, adding the oxygen may be a problem.

Testing will give a sure answer of how much you can add with any product.

Reactions: Suction Junkie

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
I use 27% mixed down that I buy at the pool store.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I use to use peroxide powder, but in order to cut down on products in the van I decided I would just use my OSR product as my peroxide. I use SOB by Harvard. I don't do hardly any sub surface extracting and eventually might get ride of that and only keep another oxygen product Harvard makes called "1 Shot". 1 Shot is an oxygenated powder for marble and other stones that are PH sensitive. It seems to have quite a bit of peroxide and I think it will take care of all my needs and eliminates two other jugs on the truck. Something to think about.

Reactions: keep it clean

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I use to use peroxide powder, but in order to cut down on products in the van I decided I would just use my OSR product as my peroxide. I use SOB by Harvard. I don't do hardly any sub surface extracting and eventually might get ride of that and only keep another oxygen product Harvard makes called "1 Shot". 1 Shot is an oxygenated powder for marble and other stones that are PH sensitive. It seems to have quite a bit of peroxide and I think it will take care of all my needs and eliminates two other jugs on the truck. Something to think about.
I have never tried the Harvard SOB but I have used boostall and cobbs brightener, I need to tried robs stuff

Reactions: Cameron RDS

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
What does a peroxide booster do? In what cleaning situations should it be used?

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
How much 27% would you use in a 5 quart Hydro force to boost?
Im very guilty of glug but I do approx 4-5 oz.
Im no chemist but at 5 oz you would make about 2% 10 oz would be about 10%.

1 oz per gallon when encap.

Reactions: ccclean

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
What does a peroxide booster do? In what cleaning situations should it be used?
Various forms of peroxide are available. They come in various strengths and various purities. Some have stabilizers to keep them fresh longer. In the liquid form, peroxide is very unstable. Heat, light and time both cause it to degrade pretty quickly.

The powdered forms last longer. They can be mixed with raw materials that leave a white powder behind and/or raw materials that do not dissolve easily.

The liquid forms may also have additive, especially those designed for hair care and not carpet cleaning. They don't evaporate completely and so leave a residue behind.

Peroxides can damage natural fibers. Wool and cotton are especially sensitive.

Peroxides are oxygen bleaches. They do not clean, but they whiten and also brighten light colors. If used too strong they can remove color or fade color.

Many powdered peroxide products also boost or buffer the pH. The pH tends to stay around 10 for a longer time even when the cleaning solution is interacting with soils, oils, and hard water. This means the cleaning solution can maintain its pH during longer dwell times.

Peroxides tend to evaporate and/or break down to water and oxygen. Not much residue from hydrogen peroxide itself, but can be residues from what it is blended with.

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
Various forms of peroxide are available. They come in various strengths and various purities. Some have stabilizers to keep them fresh longer. In the liquid form, peroxide is very unstable. Heat, light and time both cause it to degrade pretty quickly.

The powdered forms last longer. They can be mixed with raw materials that leave a white powder behind and/or raw materials that do not dissolve easily.

The liquid forms may also have additive, especially those designed for hair care and not carpet cleaning. They don't evaporate completely and so leave a residue behind.

Peroxides can damage natural fibers. Wool and cotton are especially sensitive.

Peroxides are oxygen bleaches. They do not clean, but they whiten and also brighten light colors. If used too strong they can remove color or fade color.

Many powdered peroxide products also boost or buffer the pH. The pH tends to stay around 10 for a longer time even when the cleaning solution is interacting with soils, oils, and hard water. This means the cleaning solution can maintain its pH during longer dwell times.

Peroxides tend to evaporate and/or break down to water and oxygen. Not much residue from hydrogen peroxide itself, but can be residues from what it is blended with.
So the purpose of using it is to brighten light colored fabrics? Does it take out the yellow staining in urine spots?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
So the purpose of using it is to brighten light colored fabrics? Does it take out the yellow staining in urine spots?
Yes, it can do that at the proper dilution for the type of fabric being cleaned. It works on stains but not on urine odors.

Bridgepoint's Urine Neutralizer contains hydrogen peroxide, plus surfactants to help it penetrate faster, ingredients to make it safer on fibers, and some odor control.