Performer 405 modifications | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Performer 405 modifications

Dr Rugsnstone

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
James Reese
I have removed all heat exchange components and add a 3HT to my performer 405. What can I do to get the most out of my blower and have the engine not work so hard being I no longer have to generate heat?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Free flowing exhaust (no more back pressure). Make sure the engine and blower are.spinning at a proper factory spec rpm, prochem is notorious for underspeeding the engine and blower.

Dr Rugsnstone

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
James Reese
So you suggest zero back pressure? Would you have the exhaust dump into the blower outlet or have its own outlet where the heat exchanger was? I think it would be good to do away with the dual vac port at the front of the unit and come off the lid with the same size holes as the 2 filter ports on the inside of the tank. As for the speed of the blower how do I find out neccessary HP to run the blower at 3600 rpm? If at all possible I would like the engine to run about 2000 rpm. Not too loud, less gas and less heat inside the van. So I need to find out if the HP at 2000rpm and the right size pulley config will turn the blower and H2O pump without any issues

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Well not zero back pressure i mean it will need to have a muffler on it. I personally wouldnt pipe exhaust into blower exhaust would make them separate. You can find a power/torque curve chart online for that motor im sure. There are pully ratio apps for your phone that are free you just plug in the info pully size, rpm, etc and it will spit out the info you need. Harbor freight sells an infered tach for hetting your rpms thats pretty cheap ive had mine for years.

Dr Rugsnstone

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
James Reese
So you would suggest pipe diameter as close to exhaust manifold size as possibe? I have the exhaust seperate from the blower now but being that no heat is pulled to heat the water anymore the exhaust temp is shooting straight out towards my hoses and the vac hose especially is affected. I was thinking about having it dump into the blower outlet like it did originally when not in heat exchange mode. Then using flexhaust to redirect it down through the step hoping the additional air will dilute and disperse the fumes and bring the temp down a bit as well. What are your thoughts?