Performer 405 help/advice badly needed | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Performer 405 help/advice badly needed

jaredlk

Oct 29, 2011
Real Name
Jared Kendrick
Business Location
United States
I have a small carpet cleaning business in east Texas. I have had a Performer 405 for about 8 years, it is my only piece of equipment and has been great. I have started a pretty steady stream from my heat exchanger exhaust. I called the place in Dallas where I took it before but they can't get the coil from ProChem anymore. He said if I had the part they would be happy to work on it. Anybody have any advice for me. Thank you!

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
sorry bro....this is what we have heard also...
parts are hard to find.......

get a welder to work on it.....

or install kerosene heater!!!
which is what I did 15 years ago and never looked back!!!!

jaredlk

Oct 29, 2011
Real Name
Jared Kendrick
Business Location
United States
sorry bro....this is what we have heard also...
parts are hard to find.......

get a welder to work on it.....

or install kerosene heater!!!
which is what I did 15 years ago and never looked back!!!!
Thank you sir. I have seen some new ones for like $1500 for just the coils. This machine only has like 1800 hrs on it. I may try a radiator shop. Local shop was one of the best around but they also coached me in T ball and I'm 45 now so they may not be same owners lol. I will look into kerosene too.

Leo B

Nov 12, 2011
Colorado
Real Name
Leo Brenneis
Business Location
United States
I have a small carpet cleaning business in east Texas. I have had a Performer 405 for about 8 years, it is my only piece of equipment and has been great. I have started a pretty steady stream from my heat exchanger exhaust. I called the place in Dallas where I took it before but they can't get the coil from ProChem anymore. He said if I had the part they would be happy to work on it. Anybody have any advice for me. Thank you!
I just had the same problem while I still had great heat 230 degrees I was worried it would become a big leak later I was told the same thing about the new coil pack no longer available. I read Blue Barron truck mounts makes a aftermarket heat exchanger for the performer series. I ordered one Pete claimed it works better then the stock heat exchanger...
I’ve had it in my machine for 3 months now and it only gets to 210 degrees on a good day and the heat drops to 160 degrees while working.
I took my original heat exchanger apart and have Animas Radiator in Durango Colorado trying to repair the small leak.
Don’t waste your money on the Blue Barron my install was perfect and have no other issues causing low heat. Also if you want to smell like exhaust all day the Blue Barron has NO Catalytic Converter.

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
I have two 405s and a legend with same heat exchanger but haven't had that issue yet. I'm sure if taken apart the leak can be welded...it's only metal after all. Where in TX are you? I can ask around and see if the shops here can help but might not be cheap.