Peo-Chem Everest? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Peo-Chem Everest?

rryn122

May 19, 2010
Real Name
todd ryan
Business Location
United States
I'm looking to buy a truck mount. Bridgepoint has a"used" Everest 650 for sale. It has 3.500 hundred hours... $15.000 thousand. I know that's a lot of hours for a machine. Does anyone know what the longevity of these machines are? For example... If the Everest 650 is purchased new, does anyone know the predicted life of this particular machine is? I understand that it all depends on how you take care of it. Any feedback on this machine would be great...Pros and Cons?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I'm looking to buy a truck mount. Bridgepoint has a"used" Everest 650 for sale. It has 3.500 hundred hours... $15.000 thousand. I know that's a lot of hours for a machine. Does anyone know what the longevity of these machines are? For example... If the Everest 650 is purchased new, does anyone know the predicted life of this particular machine is? I understand that it all depends on how you take care of it. Any feedback on this machine would be great...Pros and Cons?
Distributors who sell used equipment have generally had the unit checked over, vetted, and fitted with whatever new parts may be required for optimal performance. A private owner selling the same machine may not have the time and money to put all new parts on a unit before he sells it, hence he will often sell the unit for far less because he knows it's going to need work.

At 3,500 hours, a Prochem may have needed a few substantial parts put in, depending on how well it was kept; but at $15k I'd bet beans to buttons that any major components nearing the end of their workable lifespan have already been replaced for you. Bridgepoint has always had a great reputation for selling used units that are in good condition, and for backing them up.

So it may be a machine that is, for all intents and purposes, like new.

rryn122

May 19, 2010
Real Name
todd ryan
Business Location
United States
I also forgot to ask if anyone knows the amount of gas that the Everest 650 uses?

I assumed it uses more than my Pro-Chem Peak, bc it has a bigger engine, but I don't know for sure.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
15k for a TM at the end of its life?????

around 3-5k hours is when everything starts breaking!!!!!

prochem is a great brand of TM however,
prochems have been discontinued......

the word on the street is that any Prochem TM is hard to get parts for ...especially over 5 years...

especially when it comes to HX...cant find them...
and that is what usually breaks..!!!!

Reactions: Ara Klujian

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
fwiw I wouldnt take it for 8k just because I know how many hrs we would put on a machine in a year and all the hassle it is to rebuild a motor or swap the TM out of the truck

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
It is possible that, with the price being so high, any worn-out parts have already been replaced. But you'd need to ask the distributor who is selling it.

There were 4 different versions of the 650 produced; a 1200 psi, a 300 psi, and a version of each with their e-Idle system (which saves fuel consumption). Gas use will be dependent on which of these models it is.

Prochem, from what I understand, is still continuing to provide parts and support for many models, despite their pre- or post-merger status, for a number of years. You would want to ask the seller about how long they expect parts to be available.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
3500 hrs isn't to bad, but if it has the Hyundai engine. Make sure that the timing belt has been changed. That is supposed to be replaced at 2500 hr intervals and that's around a 1000 dollar repair. If the belt breaks then its $$$$ job plus the down time.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
That doesn't answer your question, but for that price you can get brand new, just a less powerful TM and you can put 3500 hours by yourself. Win, win..
Gas consumption of Prochem 650 HP is slightly less than 2 GPH

rryn122

May 19, 2010
Real Name
todd ryan
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure on the warranty, but if I had to guess I would say no. I also found out that the machine has 3900 instead of 3500.

The only reason that I'm even considering the Everest is bc my best friend got 7000 thousand out of his Peak without any major problems. I really like Pro-Chem. Does anyone know the cheapest TM they sale new?

I don't know what to think about the peo-chem merger. I herd the peak gtx engine is being replaced with a kobota. Does that mean you can no longer get parts for the peak gtx?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
they have fazed out prochem

normally I would say purchase as prochem was a good brand..

but if parts are scarce now and they just merged last year...
what will it be like in 5 years?????

i have seen a lot of guys stuck with used TM that they cant fix.....

Nov 5, 2012
Real Name
Gokhan akdeniz
Hello I have a 2009 Chevy express 147 k miles and 2016 Avenger 600/Prochem peak gt only 90 hours for sale.

Lars

Apr 8, 2011
CA
manhattanbeachcarpetcleaners.net
Real Name
Lars Crampton
Business Location
United States
I have a Prochem Everest 650 HP with over 7500 hours on it... it’s a beast. I have been able to find parts for it online and distributors no problem. I also have a prochem 405 with over 12,000 hours on it still out crushing it every day. The 405 has been discontinued for a while and never had issues finding parts for it if needed.
The Everest is heavy so you will need a E350 van at minimum to put it in. It burns about 10 gallons a day between the van and machine. So I am usually fueling up every 2 days (to avoid running empty on 3rd day on a 30 gallon tank). It’s a great machine. I’m not getting rid of mine anytime soon.