Peak water cooled | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Peak water cooled

rryn122

May 19, 2010
Real Name
todd ryan
Business Location
United States
Why doesn't the Kohler engine have a temp gauge? Shut my engine down today, and while rolling up hoses my overflow reseivor cap blew off.

I checked my radiator, and it took a half gallon of antifreeze. Still don't know what caused the cap to blow off, but how are you supposed to Know if your engine is running hot if it has no temp gauge for the engine itself ? Also... Any help on what may have caused this. Ty in advance

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
You can easily add capillary automotive type temp gauges for your coolant and oil. Many auto parts stock them for $20 a copy.
images (2).jpeg

Plug and play and you can mount them remotely away from vibration. Might help you monitor your motor a little better.

Reactions: rryn122

rryn122

May 19, 2010
Real Name
todd ryan
Business Location
United States
Ty so much for this. I have a peak with low hours. I'm not machanical at all. Do you know what I would hook this up to on my Kohler engine?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
A cap on the radiator or the radiator revivor?
I do not know how a radiator cap can blow off before some other part gives way to high pressure.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Ty so much for this. I have a peak with low hours. I'm not machanical at all. Do you know what I would hook this up to on my Kohler engine?
If you have dual oil drain plugs, use the one not in use for your oil temps.

For the coolant you need one of these to splice in line.
Z1350ZG35CoolantBleederPort-6700.jpeg

They are called a coolant bleeder port or a water temp sensor port. $10-$30. Best to get the gauge first and then order the right size pipe thread port for the heater hose diameter.

Reactions: rryn122

rryn122

May 19, 2010
Real Name
todd ryan
Business Location
United States
It blew off the cap from the reservoir. It blew off while the machine was not running. Two minutes after I shut it down

rryn122

May 19, 2010
Real Name
todd ryan
Business Location
United States
If you have dual oil drain plugs, use the one not in use for your oil temps.

For the coolant you need one of these to splice in line.
View attachment 84885
They are called a coolant bleeder port or a water temp sensor port. $10-$30. Best to get the gauge first and then order the right size pipe thread port for the heater hose diameter.
Ty. Much appreciated

rryn122

May 19, 2010
Real Name
todd ryan
Business Location
United States
A cap on the radiator or the radiator revivor?
I do not know how a radiator cap can blow off before some other part gives way to high pressure.
It blew off the cap from the reservoir. It blew off while the machine was not running. Two minutes after I shut it blew off. Sounded like a gun. The cap has no ventalation and it is threaded on

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
It blew off the cap from the reservoir. It blew off while the machine was not running. Two minutes after I shut it blew off. Sounded like a gun. The cap has no ventalation and it is threaded on
My bad, I seen you did post it was the cap on revivor.

Not sure, you may have a bad thermostat, they go bad sometimes or maybe it is not the right one for that motor. As it may be modified by the TM maker for a hot heat exchanger, to increases heat out put.

rryn122

May 19, 2010
Real Name
todd ryan
Business Location
United States
My bad, I seen you did post it was the cap on revivor.

Not sure, you may have a bad thermostat, they go bad sometimes or maybe it is not the right one for that motor. As it may be modified by the TM maker for a hot heat exchanger, to increases heat out put.
Ty sir. Much appreciated