"Paypal here" vs squareup.com vs intuit" go payment" vs others

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

barefoot

Nov 9, 2009
Denver, CO
Real Name
dave sigler
Business Location
United States
Paypal just announced it is competing directly w/ the squareup.com and the others.

Go to google w/ search terms as "paypal here" and read all about it.

Somebody please put a link in here..Cant figure out how to do it.

As a customer of squareup.com...I absolutely love the mobile processing systems w/ no montly fixed fees..and the abilty to use our cell phones. No way in "hxxl I would ever go back to the way "

Availale on iphone now..and very shortly android

Basics advantages (if I am correct)...they tout are:

1.very small price advantage....2.7 vs 2.75 on square...swiped..(almost neglible)
2.swiped credit card transcations immediaetly into you paypal acct..no waiting 1-3 day etc.
3. if you use their paypal Debit card your get 1% back...neting your swiped costs down to 1.7 %...( I would argue this pont)
4. Free check scanning....which I see as a "HUGE" advantage...depending on how long they hold those funds and how well it integrates w/ my finacial software (quickbooks in my case)
5. Its encrypted which means safer right?... They say squareup.com is not encrypted.

Questions I have are :
1 How much is the non swiped rate/ and how long till it deposits into our payapal acct?
2.How long are the check scanning deposits are deposited into our payapl account
3.If we are not keen on the idea of keeping all out funds in paypal...cna we set it up so that paypal automaticly credits the funds to our "real" bank acct?
4.I dont consider paypal a real bank FDIC insurance etc and some bad history about how the freeze your account instantly if any disputes

What do you guys think... Anybody elses thinking of changing?

Nov 14, 2011
georgia
Real Name
jay
Business Location
United States
I'll look into it and go with cheapest one, I'm on Android so I guess I have time before it hits the market. Every customer I take cards from are tickled by swiping with the square doggle and signing my phones screen.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I have been using square and love it. I am guessing that any advancements PayPal may come out with, Square will be right there with them. I will be surprised if Square does not start to offer the additional services, and like you say, it goes to a real bank account.

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
I have square and intuit. I have found that square is easier to use and never had an issue.

Intuit card swiper constantly gives me issues and for that reason don't use it anymore.

Square is my go to card processor.

ayetti

Feb 11, 2011
California
winecountrycarpet.com
Real Name
Alex
Business Location
United States
square for me, but if paypal started a mobile POS thing, I would jump on board. I have found them to be on of the best companies to deal with.

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
Square for me and as long as it keeps working so well I won't change.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Does anyone know how it works if you don't have a smart phone?
I'd like to set up for CC, but don't see a smart phone in my immediate future, too many other priorities.

2clean

Jan 14, 2010
Kentucky
Real Name
Ed Coons
Business Location
United States
Square here, probably stay with them. Never a problem so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skg

Oct 30, 2011
Real Name
Kurt Gardner
Business Location
United States
I'm staying with Square. PayPal is compelling but not enough to switch.

Jan 16, 2010
Real Name
Tom McManus
Business Location
United States
Square here and Intuit non swipe for intuit is 3.75

Dirtmaster

Jan 28, 2011
FL
Real Name
Damion Raburn
Business Location
United States
Square here as well..pay pal sucks...who wants to wait almost a week to get there $$$..I wait enough with my billing customers..I have gopayment but never use it..

Jul 3, 2011
ohio
Real Name
zach bryson
Business Location
United States
Square is awesome.... took a phone order the other day driving down the road handed the droid over to the wife and she punched in the customers info and bam !! in the bank the next day very little charge no monthly fees. Last week we were almost in the middle of a corn field cleaning for a customer who had lost her power and we swiped her card and bam !! in the bank baby !! Good think we had 100 gallon tank of water on the truck she had no power and she uses well water that required electricity to run her pump. Last but not least cleaned a private jet the other day ...pulled up to the private run way pulled out my hose and cleaned the plush carpet and upholstery in the jet and swiped the American Express card and Bam !! in the bank baby !!

mcatalano

Apr 8, 2011
Real Name
mike catalano
Business Location
United States
We are using square and love it! Not going to change and if there is anything better about other square will certainly add that as well. Very happy square.

crane

Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Real Name
steve crane
Business Location
United States
I have merchant services through my bank, Capitol One, love it, easy to use, payment in account the following day. Different rates depending on credit card, but cheaper than square. auto batching. Plugs into the charging port of I-phone.

crane

Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Real Name
steve crane
Business Location
United States
Looks like it is time to get a smart phone... I use a dial in system but the rate is 3.8%
Seems high, I think my top rate is like 2.75, most are 2.35%

TimM

Sep 9, 2007
Ogden Utah
Real Name
Tim
Business Location
United States
Does anyone know how it works if you don't have a smart phone?
I'd like to set up for CC, but don't see a smart phone in my immediate future, too many other priorities.
Look into Propay Ronman, I have been using them for about two years and I have not had a smart phone until this past month. You can process your cards at home on your computer, I pay $39 for a year and then a % of each card, it is higher because you have to enter manually. They put the funds on a debit card and you will have access to the money 24 hours after the transaction. I use my debit card for buying my chemicals and supplies so I just leave the credit card money there until I need it.

AQD_Patrick

Jun 24, 2010
Michigan
arizonaquickdry.com
Real Name
Patrick D
Business Location
United States
I really like Square. No complaints at all.
I still have my Intuit reader, but stopped using it when they magically lowered the daily/monthly max (without telling me) and is pretty worthless now.
Paypal? I use it only when I have to. Ever since some folks in China went on a spending spree with my account, (and customer service was a joke) I never will trust them again. If I buy something, I add my CC to my account, make my payment, then remove the card.
Propay? I had them before Square and they were OK. It had no yearly fee when I signed up and dropped it when they did add it. I do recall the % rate was really high though.