Paying for google maps now??

Tommy C

Apr 23, 2010
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
I haven't heard anything about that. I am #2 in my area and no one has called from Google or anywhere else about it. Sounds like a scam but that wouldn't explain how you dropped from 2 to +7 so quickly. Keep us informed and hopefully the 'gurus' on here can help you figure it out.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
I got my tenth call this week alledgedly from google. Saying that google maps is now a Paid perk? I was number #2 on google friday. now I am not in the top 7. Any one else get this kinda hassling or just another b.s. scam?:mad:

It is most likely a scam. Google Places is offering enhanced listing for $25. But, it has no effect what so ever on ranking.

After checking 3 of your listing the problem is likely your map listings.

Frankly they need some help.

One listing has only 4 reviews.

The other 2 have NO reviews.

2 listings share the same phone number (?)

Very few citations.

How can you expect to rank without building some web cred?

Get busy.

I'm sure Steve T must have some report on this. (He has FREE reports on just aboutr everything else.)

You can also find a lot of information on other websites and utube.

This is important because I have found that a high ranking G Places listing with tons of reviews can do wonders for your bottom line.

Tommy C

Apr 23, 2010
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
It is most likely a scam. Google Places is offering enhanced listing for $25. But, it has no effect what so ever on ranking.

After checking 3 of your listing the problem is likely your map listings.

Frankly they need some help.

One listing has only 4 reviews.

The other 2 have NO reviews.

2 listings share the same phone number (?)

Very few citations.

How can you expect to rank without building some web cred?

Get busy.

I'm sure Steve T must have some report on this. (He has FREE reports on just aboutr everything else.)

You can also find a lot of information on other websites and utube.

This is important because I have found that a high ranking G Places listing with tons of reviews can do wonders for your bottom line.

Hey Dave, how do you go about soliciting reviews? There is a guy in my area that has over 50 reviews but most of them sound like he wrote them himself... did I just answer my own question?

Gnu

Nov 16, 2009
Onion Sniffing Country
bingclean.com
Real Name
Ka Nacka Chu
Business Location
United States
Thanks Dave, I am wondering if someone didnt get a lil zealous and flag a few of those comments. There is alot of time filling out those sites. a few months back all of my google places were gone entirely. No history of having an account what so ever. and having my site listed and with google tracking was gone and also. my site submission was gone. had to redo the entire speal all over. I better check it out.
Tommy if the guy has 50 reviews and if the reviews are done by male names. it is highly likely he did them all himeself. I have yet to have one review from a man. that I know of.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
A few months Google Maps was having more thana few hick-ups. Most of it came back with in a week.

Just keep at it and work to get client reviews with a plan.

Don't leave it to chance or wishfull thinking.

A map listing near the top with tons of reviews can be quite a goldmine for drawing clients that don't care about price.

Let the others grapple for the bottom.

Latest posts