Patching on poly carpet ! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Patching on poly carpet !

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
If its brand new undisturbed carpet that works great but most of repairs like that the carpet backing is not even straight anymore either from whatever damage it took. So sometimes in the backing of carpet it looks crooked but its square looking from the top. Some patches you just cant match 100%...due to discoloration or wear and tear

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
If its brand new undisturbed carpet that works great but most of repairs like that the carpet backing is not even straight anymore either from whatever damage it took. So sometimes in the backing of carpet it looks crooked but its square looking from the top. Some patches you just cant match 100%...due to discoloration or wear and tear
there are lots of tricks to do during patching to make the patch disappear,,

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
It’s a great thing to learn but invest in the right tools. Get a kool glide
Best investment I ever made.

I tried the iron and towel over regular seam tape when I first started doing repairs. It worked ok on nylon but I had a polyester carpet where the iron left permanent impressions. I had to cut out and do an even bigger patch to fix the problem. I bought my Kool Glide soon after that happened.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Run a green pad over a patch in a traffic lanes after prespraying, then blend the balance with the wand and the Nike shuffle.

Taking a donor piece from a closet with the wrong sunlight exposure is the sure means of failure. East or West facing closets match fading better than North or South facing closets...

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Run a green pad over a patch in a traffic lanes after prespraying, then blend the balance with the wand and the Nike shuffle.

Taking a donor piece from a closet with the wrong sunlight exposure is the sure means of failure. East or West facing closets match fading better than North or South facing closets...
amen sometimes you have to search the closets for the best patchable carpet

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

What difference does it make which way a closet faces? Every closet I’ve seen is always dark inside.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
What difference does it make which way a closet faces? Every closet I’ve seen is always dark inside.
Working with the sunlight and early morning or late evening fading in closets with the right exposure makes a difference in fading the carpet is subjected to vs north and south facing closets.

Closets with gas water heaters and carpet extending into the closet past the doorway fume fade and can possibly match worn traffic lane patches as well. Using mother nature and the structures flaws can work to your advantage if you know where to look.