Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
If you SAVE money up don't buy a chemtex . They are for people who are just starting and don't know about Truckmounts. Buy a quality product. Ask guys on this form about their machine. If all you can afford is 1k buy that's chemtex. I'd still offer $750. He selling it that cheap for a reason. If it lasts 6 months it is worth it. I'd buy it for a backup machine.

Dedicated

Feb 9, 2012
PA
www.1dedicated4u.com
Real Name
Shawn McCaulley
Business Location
United States
Aluminum corrodes. I had a Prochem 405 machine with a aluminum tank and hated it. Where the dirty water entered from the vacuum hoses just pitted it like someone sand blasted with sand it and was about to fall apart with only 1800 hours on it. I have a stainless tank now and still looks brand new with over 800 hours on it now. Not even one pit in it. . I will always use stainless tank from here on out.

Yes aluminum can corrode not rust. If a waste tank is aluminum it should be marine grade and you won't have any issues. The waste tank on my cleanco is aluminum and 8 years old and no issues. It has to do with the quality of the material ad well as the care.

Reactions: JD5150

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Yes aluminum can corrode not rust. If a waste tank is aluminum it should be marine grade and you won't have any issues. The waste tank on my cleanco is aluminum and 8 years old and no issues. It has to do with the quality of the material ad well as the care.
I see that Dynachem uses marine grade aluminum but have seen and heard some Dynachem's getting holes in them. They must of used different grade of aluminum a few years back which must be causing it.

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
If you clean out your waste tank every day and leave the lid off you should be fine with a aluminum tank
Our 60 gallon aluminum waste tank for the performer 405 has a lot of small holes in the bottom of the tank its almost 20 years old and there were a lot of weeks when we did not clean it out and dirty water and sludge sat in the tank and slowly ate away at the aluminum now we at least drain it and leave the lid off we have the tank mounted about 1 foot high off the floor and its tilted just a little bit so allmost all the water drains out now

Reactions: JD5150

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
If you clean out your waste tank every day and leave the lid off you should be fine with a aluminum tank
Our 60 gallon aluminum waste tank for the performer 405 has a lot of small holes in the bottom of the tank its almost 20 years old and there were a lot of weeks when we did not clean it out and dirty water and sludge sat in the tank and slowly ate away at the aluminum now we at least drain it and leave the lid off we have the tank mounted about 1 foot high off the floor and its tilted just a little bit so allmost all the water drains out now
Now that I experienced Stainless there is no going back. I never have took my lid off of the stainless waste tank and have left dirty water in it for over three to five days sometimes. 2.5 years and over 800 hours and still looks brand new. I only clean carpets part time that is why it has low hours. Same goes with a stainless frame. Had but still in the family 2004 Steam Action 2 inch stainless frame machine still looks brand new. Looks the same when we bought it new.

Reactions: Wec

ChooChooTrain

Dec 12, 2014
Real Name
Nathan Thomas
I see them occasionally. My DynaChem unit I took it to the spray equipment company who I've done business with for over 20 years and had some modifications done to it . The tank is gone. They mounted the engine, pump & blower on a new steel frame. The box type heat exchanger is the only part of the existing tank that's left. I have a 55 gallon plastic tank I'm going to use for fresh water and a 100 gallon stainless steel recovery tank off an old Clean City machine that I have. The Clean City machine looks identical to a ChemTex. I bought the DynaChem machine in May of 2013, along with the van and hoses and reels and some extra wands for $2800.00.

Reactions: Dedicated