Ozone generator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
We bought this last month and it has served us very well. Two pot smoking houses now free of smell. Very affordable. Hook up to A/C return and turn on. Come back next day and no smell.
Cool little machine. Well worth the money
IMG_3150.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Nick I like Ozone but find it doesn’t work as a stand alone. To me it seems you need a clean, deodorizer and then Ozone. How about you?

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
I like ozone. Yes you should always remove the source of the odor first. I made a 30 gram machine that works great. 100 per day seems low. I get .09 per cubic ft in xactimate.

So on a 1000 square ft 10 ft ceilings Im at 900. For a home owner I discount sometimes by 40%.

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
This ozone puts out 20k mg per hour. So a two bedroom apartment is bombarded in 45 min. When you go in to turn it off, your clothes will stink of ozone for about an hour. It puts out a lot.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
This ozone puts out 20k mg per hour. So a two bedroom apartment is bombarded in 45 min. When you go in to turn it off, your clothes will stink of ozone for about an hour. It puts out a lot.
Be careful, at such high concentrations ozone can do quite a bit of damage to plastics and metals.

One of our instructors likes to tell a story about a fellow who restored a Corvette, only to destroy the dashboard by running too much ozone in it to get rid of the fumes from the paint. The whole dash was squishy-sticky, like those pads that were popular to hold your GPS or cell phone, and they couldn't figure out exactly what about that plastic made it react to the ozone like that.

Rubber, nylon, zinc, even certain types of aluminum and mild steel are notoriously susceptible to damage from ozone. Gotta keep that in mind, particularly when you're running it through HVAC ducting. High doses of ozone could have corrosive effects on ductwork. Most units designed for HVAC use have very specific instructions on how they're to be run.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
By the way,

If clothes still smell of ozone for an hour after just going in to remove the unit, I'm concerned you're pumping out way too much and going in too soon.

Ozone is perceptible (humans can detect the odor) at about .003 to .010 ppm, or parts per million. It begins to have unpleasant but short-term effects on us at 1.5 to 2 ppm. Long-term health effects and permanent damage are seen at 9 ppm and above, and a dose of 50 ppm or higher would possibly be lethal.

A single gram of ozone per cubic meter of air volume yields a ppm of roughly 450-467, depending on humidity and speed of air flow.

If you're cranking out 20k mg (equal to 20 grams) per hour in an apartment, you're approaching a level of ozone that is about a thousand times OVER the amount which starts to produce pulmonary edema in short-term exposure trials. Meaning, you've got enough unexhausted ozone in the air when you go in to be extremely dangerous to your long-term health.

Ozone is only used up when it oxidizes things - meaning if you bombard an environment with a crapton of ozone, you're going to have a lot of ozone that either didn't reach an odor source to oxidize it, or didn't have any gasses to pair with and is still "seeking a target". And you become that target when you walk in.

Please be careful.

ServproRob

Jul 17, 2017
Real Name
Robby Crawford
Had a customer recently at a retirement home use one of these is his apartment. We showed up to do the carpet job, when he opened the door it was all taped off to block airflow outside and it was overwhelming smell of ozone inside. This customer uses an ozone generator 24/7. We ended up not cleaning his carpets and gave him information about ozone and the health hazards which can occur. Customer says he will continue doing it for as long as he can. One job that was smart to walk away from.

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
Had a customer recently at a retirement home use one of these is his apartment. We showed up to do the carpet job, when he opened the door it was all taped off to block airflow outside and it was overwhelming smell of ozone inside. This customer uses an ozone generator 24/7. We ended up not cleaning his carpets and gave him information about ozone and the health hazards which can occur. Customer says he will continue doing it for as long as he can. One job that was smart to walk away from.
It seems to be a hot topic on YouTube of ppl with cancer that use a breathing machine with ozone. Crazy idea but it is currently trending. Look it up. I do not advise anyone to breath this stuff. I do on a daily basis in smallest amounts possible and trust me. You will cough all day. But it does seem to be an efficient treatment in vacant homes that have smoke or musty odors. Does not work well at all for pet treatment alone. Use pet zone. Works better

Jan 3, 2018
Real Name
Rick Wilson
Wow, ozone can kill you! He opened the door from the outside, right? If I use it, I plug the generator in at the closest outlet to the door, and post warning signs, and have an airmover set up at the door, then let it run for 30 minutes before I go in...

ServproRob

Jul 17, 2017
Real Name
Robby Crawford
Negative he was in the apartment the whole time. This was not our machine his personal machine I would never allow that. We spoke to management about it and told everyone of the health hazards about ozone. Not sure if that man is still around or not.

ServproRob

Jul 17, 2017
Real Name
Robby Crawford
It seems to be a hot topic on YouTube of ppl with cancer that use a breathing machine with ozone. Crazy idea but it is currently trending. Look it up. I do not advise anyone to breath this stuff. I do on a daily basis in smallest amounts possible and trust me. You will cough all day. But it does seem to be an efficient treatment in vacant homes that have smoke or musty odors. Does not work well at all for pet treatment alone. Use pet zone. Works better
I really like the way ozone machine works and gets rid of smells. I am glad we talked our boss into getting some, they really help when you just cant get rid of a smell in a house. As far as using it for cancer treatments I mean you do what you do if it makes you feel better but for me im staying far away from that.

Jul 23, 2018
Real Name
Mir
We bought this last month and it has served us very well. Two pot smoking houses now free of smell. Very affordable. Hook up to A/C return and turn on. Come back next day and no smell.
Cool little machine. Well worth the money View attachment 77062
Hi Nick. Could you please explain to us how did you fix it to the AC Return or do you have a Video explaining about it. I do have this Pot Problem in couple of homes here in Ontario, Canada. Appreciate your help

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
Hi Nick. Could you please explain to us how did you fix it to the AC Return or do you have a Video explaining about it. I do have this Pot Problem in couple of homes here in Ontario, Canada. Appreciate your help
I bought the Bio2Blaster ozone machine. Most powerful ozone on the market. Comes with the attachment when you buy it.
Search Bio2Blaster on google. It will show up. I bought the $600 model. Hope this helps