Oxidizers-Do they work?

Capitol City CC

Mar 19, 2016
Real Name
Ryan Albert
I know they're used to help brighten up the carpet, but my question is :Have you found them successful? Also, how/when do you apply it? Mix in with Prespray? Mix in Rinse bucket? Thanks for you help!

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Absolutly they work. Most of the time I boost prespray with matrix miracle. Have to leave room in pump up fir it to expand though. I only mix 1 1/2 gal. at a time in 2 gal pump. And I leave the bleeder open on the pump up and set inside of 5 gal bucket. This catches whatever leaks out and doesn't pop my sprayer like a balloon while I'm working.

Sent from my SM-G900T using TMF Forums mobile app

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Used petzone today on pet stains , it worked , mixed some in a trigger sprayer and sprayed the pet stains first . Then drove it in with my regular prespray with the HF , it seemed to work .

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
They work but they take time, lots of time. I use an oxidizer on any organic stains that don't come out when I clean it. The oxidizer gets sprayed on the stain full strength after I'm done cleaning and left in to dry. 99% of the time the stain is gone by the time it is dry.

Oxidizers don't work on synthetic stains such as food coloring, that's where you need a reducer such as red stain remover.

Reactions: russrroberts

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Absolutly they work. Most of the time I boost prespray with matrix miracle. Have to leave room in pump up fir it to expand though. I only mix 1 1/2 gal. at a time in 2 gal pump. And I leave the bleeder open on the pump up and set inside of 5 gal bucket. This catches whatever leaks out and doesn't pop my sprayer like a balloon while I'm working.

HOLY CRAP !! How much you putting in there it does that Nick ??!!
All the Best, Ed

• Wow
Reactions: sbsscn

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
HOLY CRAP !! How much you putting in there it does that Nick ??!!
All the Best, Ed
Doesn't take much.think its 1 scoop per gal as boost. The hotter the more it expands. I have had it not expand a few times must be the wate idk.. Because it will foam like crazy at one home and do almost nothing at all in another home. Maybe hardness has something to do with it. I use to fill the tank all the way up. Don't do that lol. Needs room to grow.

Reactions: Common janitor

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Doesn't take much.think its 1 scoop per gal as boost. The hotter the more it expands. I have had it not expand a few times must be the wate idk.. Because it will foam like crazy at one home and do almost nothing at all in another home. Maybe hardness has something to do with it. I use to fill the tank all the way up. Don't do that lol. Needs room to grow.

I dropped a little more in last time I used it and man what a difference it makes . Love the smell and the clean it gives you .
BTW , messed with the Procyon Plus on some upholstery .
Juries out till I try it some more but I'm liking what I see.
Matrix Miracle is a keeper !!
All the Best, Ed

Reactions: keep it clean

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I dropped a little more in last time I used it and man what a difference it makes . Love the smell and the clean it gives you .
BTW , messed with the Procyon Plus on some upholstery .
Juries out till I try it some more but I'm liking what I see.
Matrix Miracle is a keeper !!
All the Best, Ed
I saw this on Facebook the other day.

1459496463.jpg_zpsypdxfqug.png

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
When I go into a job where there is urine all over the house I often times use an OSR product in the hydroforce as a prespray. I really like Groom Solutions Pet Force, it smells really good and works good too. Mix it hot and use it as a stand alone product. When mixing I put a cap on the jug for 5 seconds while shaking the jug up. Remove the cap and let the product vent. I do this 2-3 times until the powder is dissolved and mixed. Then when I put the draw tube and sprayer into the jug I put the cap on just enough that it will hold on but loose enough to let the product vent. I find it mixes best with hot tap water around 130-140 degrees. Any hotter and the oxygen is too active for the container. I add 5 scoops into the hydroforce with it metering at 1:4 (yellow tip removed) Not only does it work good on pet stains but it's a good traffic lane cleaner too.

Don't mix it with any other presprays or products. See the video below. I say USR in the video but I meant to say OSR. I thought I would add a few ounces of Odorcide, you can see the results. One time I tried mixing Bio Break with OSR and the results were similar to the video but much more volatile.

The picture is from a job yesterday. Pet Force removed all the urine stains and the house smelled good when I left. The dark traffic areas cleaned up like new as well. This was a polyester carpet.

1459496365_zps4sobrlde.jpg

1459496636.jpg_zpsrkb7owru.png

Last edited:

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
When I go into a job where there is urine all over the house I often times use an OSR product in the hydroforce as a prespray. I really like Groom Solutions Pet Force, it smells really good and works good too. Mix it hot and use it as a stand alone product. When mixing I put a cap on the jug for 5 seconds while shaking the jug up. Remove the cap and let the product vent. I do this 2-3 times until the powder is dissolved and mixed. Then when I put the draw tube and sprayer into the jug I put the cap on just enough that it will hold on but loose enough to let the product vent. I find it mixes best with hot tap water around 130-140 degrees. Any hotter and the oxygen is too active for the container. I add 5 scoops into the hydroforce with it metering at 1:4 (yellow tip removed) Not only does it work good on pet stains but it's a good traffic lane cleaner too.

Don't mix it with any other presprays or products. See the video below. I say USR in the video but I meant to say OSR. I thought I would add a few ounces of Odorcide, you can see the results. One time I tried mixing Bio Break with OSR and the results were similar to the video but much more volatile.

The picture is from a job yesterday. Pet Force removed all the urine stains and the house smelled good when I left. The dark traffic areas cleaned up like new as well. This was a polyester carpet.

1459496365_zps4sobrlde.jpg

1459496636.jpg_zpsrkb7owru.png

I've never mixed OSR with Biobreak, but all my pre sprays that I've mixed it with haven't had any problems.

But I do know that mixing an oxidizer (OSR) with an enzyme (biobreak) isn't recommended, because oxidizers and enzymes almost cancel each other out. I read somewhere that the oxidizers somehow kill the enzymes. I know the enzymes aren't live organisms, so that was the best way I could describe it. I've only got a high school education, lol

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I've never mixed OSR with Biobreak, but all my pre sprays that I've mixed it with haven't had any problems.

But I do know that mixing an oxidizer (OSR) with an enzyme (biobreak) isn't recommended, because oxidizers and enzymes almost cancel each other out. I read somewhere that the oxidizers somehow kill the enzymes. I know the enzymes aren't live organisms, so that was the best way I could describe it. I've only got a high school education, lol

An enzyme treatment is a bacterial culture. Meaning when you apply an enzyme you are applying bacteria that produce enzymes that break down whatever it is designed to break down.

By mixing the oxidizer you are killing the bacteria and therefore they aren't able to make the enzyme.

How do you clean a cut? Hydrogen peroxide is one way (an oxidizer).

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Most "enzyme" products we use are not using real enzymes anymore.

I only tried that one time. I don't mix them anymore.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Oxidizers were a game changer for me. Knocks out organic stains and odors faster than that UPT crap. I mix it real hot in a bucket giving it enough room to expand and settle then throw it into a battery sprayer as a booster to my prespray. Then I mix it staight up and douse heavy deposits with a bucket or plant waterer.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States

yes the oxidizers will cancel out the enzimes every time or vise versa