Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Ok I have some descaler and the part to pop in CLR

Wish me luck!
Good luck! Sounds like the bypass orifice was the problem. Again, if you don't have a water softener I'd highly recommend getting one. It doesn't have to be a real expensive one. It won't completely stop all scale or completely eliminate the need to descale, but it will greatly reduce it. Makes a big difference in problems like this.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
This is the current situation:/
Well, what happened? Did you get it fixed? Btw, that cap you're holding should have an o-ring and they do have to be replaced ever once in a while. I went and bought a bunch of them years ago to keep on hand. If you let them go too long that can be EXTREMELY hard to remove. Don't ask me how I know!

Wickedloz

Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Lozi
Well I descaled the machine last night, it already seems to be in better condition (solution hoses are not red hot hot hot). When I get back from work tonight hubby and I are going to do a trial with it to see if we can get it going without overheating.

Thanks so much for helping guys! I appreciate it!

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Make sure not to overtighten the orifice. Its just supposed to thread in lightly. If its too tight it will restrict the flow AND make it very difficult to remove next time.

Reactions: JDARNOLD

Wickedloz

Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Lozi
Question: ok so I have descaler the machine.. how do I tell that all the descaler is out of the fresh water tank? I don’t want to put it into the carpets
I have flushed it with fresh water but I’m just being paranoid that it’s going to put the descaler solution onto the carpets

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Run some alkaline detergent thru it, after your done descaling

Reactions: Wickedloz

willija09

Aug 22, 2018
Real Name
william james
Thank you Wickedloz for creating this thread. I too, had the unfortunate event of my old Boxxer 427 overheating a couple times during my last job today. Tomorrow I will be checking the orifices and hopefully that will be the issue. I also will be descaling my machine, as I have not done so since I purchased it. I have a water softener I am unsure if it has been recharged, im sure it needs to be. Everything is 13 years old so I have no idea if any of these maintenance items have been checked. My 427 only has 300 hours on it, but it sat for years!

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
Thank you Wickedloz for creating this thread. I too, had the unfortunate event of my old Boxxer 427 overheating a couple times during my last job today. Tomorrow I will be checking the orifices and hopefully that will be the issue. I also will be descaling my machine, as I have not done so since I purchased it. I have a water softener I am unsure if it has been recharged, im sure it needs to be. Everything is 13 years old so I have no idea if any of these maintenance items have been checked. My 427 only has 300 hours on it, but it sat for years!
You’re better off pulling the heat exchanger and dipping it or having it dipped at a radiator shop just Incase. Relatively inexpensive if you pull it out yourself and it’s not too difficult

willija09

Aug 22, 2018
Real Name
william james
You’re better off pulling the heat exchanger and dipping it or having it dipped at a radiator shop just Incase. Relatively inexpensive if you pull it out yourself and it’s not too difficult
Ill keep that in mind, I didnt know that was an option. Thanks.