overhauling my van

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Took the reel out, im planing on moving it over to the left, in front of the fresh tank. That will open up the right side, for a shelf. I want to do something with the floor, because the black stuff they put on it will not last.. what should i do to the floor guys? Plywood? Just carpet? Rubber mat? Cant afford spray liner.

Also, how do i put a drip pan under the tm? Do i lift it up and put it under the bolts or does it slide under the middle? Thanks in advance for any input.

[URL=http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/omar_rodriguez5/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/IMAG0566_zps3rxwu2nn.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/omar_rodriguez5/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/IMAG0568_zpswoysa8ya.jpg.html][/URL]

Reactions: StevenB.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Paint on bedliners are pretty durable, but you'd have to do a loooooooot of prep work!

Reactions: Omar

fla guy

Mar 21, 2014
Took the reel out, im planing on moving it over to the left, in front of the fresh tank. That will open up the right side, for a shelf. I want to do something with the floor, because the black stuff they put on it will not last.. what should i do to the floor guys? Plywood? Just carpet? Rubber mat? Cant afford spray liner.

Also, how do i put a drip pan under the tm? Do i lift it up and put it under the bolts or does it slide under the middle? Thanks in advance for any input.

[URL=http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/omar_rodriguez5/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/IMAG0566_zps3rxwu2nn.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/omar_rodriguez5/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/IMAG0568_zpswoysa8ya.jpg.html][/URL]
I have carpet over plywood whole length and a stainless drip pan. Works real well for me

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
So you place the tm on top of the drip pan then bolt through it?
Cheapest route for the floor, get some sand paper flapper wheels for a drill and strip the whole floor, or perhaps aircraft stripper if you dont mind chemical burns much, strip the crap out of the floor. go buy 2 gallons of herculiner from autozone or northern tool 80 bucks per gallon.... marine plywood and carpet is probably gonna cost more but its batter insulation and a flatter surface to work with. but you also have to consider that water can and will get under the wood so the floor needs to be rust protected anyway... unless you dont care if the floor rots out in a few years...

Reactions: jimmypietsch

fla guy

Mar 21, 2014
I don't get any water in my van. Don't know why everyone else does. Couple drops here and there but nothing to speak of.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Cheapest route for the floor, get some sand paper flapper wheels for a drill and strip the whole floor, or perhaps aircraft stripper if you dont mind chemical burns much, strip the crap out of the floor. go buy 2 gallons of herculiner from autozone or northern tool 80 bucks per gallon.... marine plywood and carpet is probably gonna cost more but its batter insulation and a flatter surface to work with. but you also have to consider that water can and will get under the wood so the floor needs to be rust protected anyway... unless you dont care if the floor rots out in a few years...
Ever use Eastwood products? They sale rust preventatives and rust encapsulant that leaves a nice layer of rubber. i can spray it on the bottom as well. Looks like it can go over the existing floor.

Then i can put the plywood over that and carpet on that. Since i cant do the whole floor without lifting everything, ill spray that flex seal stuff on the edges of the plywood, before i add the carpet.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Ever use Eastwood products? They sale rust preventatives and rust encapsulant that leaves a nice layer of rubber. i can spray it on the bottom as well. Looks like it can go over the existing floor.

Then i can put the plywood over that and carpet on that. Since i cant do the whole floor without lifting everything, ill spray that flex seal stuff on the edges of the plywood, before i add the carpet.
If you do this can you take detailed pics and post thread? I might consider it too. I put herculiner under my machine but didnt finish out the rest of the floor yet. sooner or later my machine is coming out to get ben to do some welding work on it, while its out I need to get the floor done.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Im wondering how i can lift my machine. Maybe i can rent an engine lifter. Any ideas?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

Eastwood has some very good products. And local.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Im wondering how i can lift my machine. Maybe i can rent an engine lifter. Any ideas?
That is the only option unless you can pay somebody with a forklift to pull it out and store it while you do the floor...

redbeard719

Oct 16, 2014
United States
Real Name
Red Beard
Business Location
United States
Had pan built at the local sheet metal shop. 30 bucks and took all of 5 minute for them to cut, bend, roll edges.

I have my van set up a bit different for space. Another local cleaner showed me his van in the same config (he has more goodies) and it worked well.

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1432324155.037264.jpg
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1432324195.964531.jpg

Mind you, this week it changed a bit since I'm adding in a little giant and a sub mount fresh water tank, but the floor space is still almost the same (minus 13*13 for the lg)

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Hate to derail my own thread lol, got a call for a 2 room which is about 6 miles away. My minimum is 99.00 they only have two rooms to clean, moveout. What would you do?

One small room one regular size. I charge .30 c a square so its going to be less then $99

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Never had any luck with hurculiner. I had it in the bed and floor of the truck cab for when mud and water would come in. It all vibrated loose and peeled. Maybe had to do with header heat idk.