Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Well, certain parts of the country have strict laws against them. Not too mention HOA are very popular in some places.
Also depends on quality of the piece and what kind of neighborhood.

If i didnt have a lot of money i would do door hangers{not flyers} 6 days a week 9am-5pm.
Get some ear buds playing your favorite music and get er done.

Nice exercise too ....
Yup that's how I did it and sometimes still do.
Hire some friends if it's in the budget and hit up good neighborhoods with good average income, good value in homes,etc..

Focus your piece about your company, like your core values, your goal. Add a picture of who you are.. Team or your family...

Then.. On the other side of the postcard... Or door hanger, offer your services, telephone number, website, make a good offer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: tonyb14

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
I think 2 things changed my company's income. 1 finding this forum, 2. Landing my housing Authority contract.. In the last 6 months since I've had this contract,,I clean 10 -20 units a month(at full price) . The cool story is the way that I got this contract. Going to be kinda long story so bear with me. After a long Saturday last summer, we got home it was about 6:30 PM. A gentleman calls me and says he's in a pitch and need somebody to come clean his rental property today . New renters are moving in tomorrow. I said yes sir I'll be right there. I get there and the gentleman tells me he's called several different companies before he called me(off google) and all had refused to come out that late on the weekend without a huge emergency service charge. I chuckled and continued with the walk-through with a guy. Place was trashed by college kids. Give him the price and we got to work. Right as we were Start on the first room the guy says don't worry about too much of the staining I made a deal with the renters that I'll replace the carpet I just need to have a quick steam over it just for sanitation issues.(which was odd because I charged him for all the red removal and extreme soiling) so I tell him okay sir no problem will get it cleaned up. He leaves and leaves me a cell phone number and tells me to call when I'm done. 3 1/2 hours later we finish the job.. Full restoration with 100% success. The guy comes back and was completely amazed. He tells me he's never seen carpet cleaning like that before and thought none of that stuff would ever come out. I chuckled and said well sir now you know who to call the first time... He tells me I am the service manager for the Housing Authority (section 8 housing )and am in charge of all the vendors that come through. He says with results like that I can get you a bunch of work. I chuckle and say great(you hear this all the time when it comes time to pay the bill) a month later he calls me and says okay you're all set up I got five units for you ready to go send me all your business information. I guess I got the five on the trial run for him to prove to the big boss why he was changing vendors... I quoted all the work at my regular prices. After those five were overlooked they told me I was half the price with twice the results... I am now the only cleaner for it with over 4000 units in the county.. They Have also informed the residence if they wanted their carpets cleaned on their properties while they lived there they had to use my company... They have also informed me that since I have taken the contract over carpet replacement has been cut more than in half... Moral of the story is treat every customer as if they have a million properties because you never know what lies behind each door... I have over $10,000 in 2014 from this contract alone.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

timmoore

Mar 20, 2013
murfreesboro tn
www.tlcjanitorial.net
Real Name
Tim Moore
Business Location
United States
Great story on answering the phone and doing a wiz bang up job even when they don't want or expect it you just never know gratz to you

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I think 2 things changed my company's income. 1 finding this forum, 2. Landing my housing Authority contract.. In the last 6 months since I've had this contract,,I clean 10 -20 units a month(at full price) . The cool story is the way that I got this contract. Going to be kinda long story so bear with me. After a long Saturday last summer, we got home it was about 6:30 PM. A gentleman calls me and says he's in a pitch and need somebody to come clean his rental property today . New renters are moving in tomorrow. I said yes sir I'll be right there. I get there and the gentleman tells me he's called several different companies before he called me(off google) and all had refused to come out that late on the weekend without a huge emergency service charge. I chuckled and continued with the walk-through with a guy. Place was trashed by college kids. Give him the price and we got to work. Right as we were Start on the first room the guy says don't worry about too much of the staining I made a deal with the renters that I'll replace the carpet I just need to have a quick steam over it just for sanitation issues.(which was odd because I charged him for all the red removal and extreme soiling) so I tell him okay sir no problem will get it cleaned up. He leaves and leaves me a cell phone number and tells me to call when I'm done. 3 1/2 hours later we finish the job.. Full restoration with 100% success. The guy comes back and was completely amazed. He tells me he's never seen carpet cleaning like that before and thought none of that stuff would ever come out. I chuckled and said well sir now you know who to call the first time... He tells me I am the service manager for the Housing Authority (section 8 housing )and am in charge of all the vendors that come through. He says with results like that I can get you a bunch of work. I chuckle and say great(you hear this all the time when it comes time to pay the bill) a month later he calls me and says okay you're all set up I got five units for you ready to go send me all your business information. I guess I got the five on the trial run for him to prove to the big boss why he was changing vendors... I quoted all the work at my regular prices. After those five were overlooked they told me I was half the price with twice the results... I am now the only cleaner for it with over 4000 units in the county.. They Have also informed the residence if they wanted their carpets cleaned on their properties while they lived there they had to use my company... They have also informed me that since I have taken the contract over carpet replacement has been cut more than in half... Moral of the story is treat every customer as if they have a million properties because you never know what lies behind each door... I have over $10,000 in 2014 from this contract alone.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun
Great Job Rob!

but we have to teach you about paragraph breaks :oops:

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Lmao... I'm no writer as you can see...lol

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun
Writing is fine its just giving us a space break to make it easier to read.

Reactions: suncarpet

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States

Carpet Mart down the street is crying because of you. Good job.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun
One thing i would add is to sign up with all the government websites in your area. Its a crap shoot be hey someone has to win!

The housing contract here is like $50k year BTW, but mainly VCT.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
One thing i would add is to sign up with all the government websites in your area. Its a crap shoot be hey someone has to win!

Shane, There is a large forestry service building near my house. The other day I saw a carpet cleaner doing his thing in the building. Since then I have been wondering how in the heck do I get jobs like that. Any suggestions? I am totally clueless on the govt. bidding thing.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Shane, There is a large forestry service building near my house. The other day I saw a carpet cleaner doing his thing in the building. Since then I have been wondering how in the heck do I get jobs like that. Any suggestions? I am totally clueless on the govt. bidding thing.
Google it, look up the government website for that dept. They usually have a section for vendors to sign up for bidding alerts.

Reactions: Nomad74

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I had the janitorial account for the sec 8 offices, years back. They paid well and on time. Lost it because I am not a minority...yet.

When the government pays you, it's like getting back your money. :(

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States

They have lots of VCT but the maintenance crews are required to strip and wax themselves... This is the busy time of year for them when the apartment start to turn over so we'll see what the summer brings...i already noticed an increase in jobs. Those numbers I gave you were year to date so that's pretty much the winter work I only started the contract in October of last year.. I'd love to see that 50,000 mark but I doubt I'll get it..

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
They have lots of VCT but the maintenance crews are required to strip and wax themselves... This is the busy time of year for them when the apartment start to turn over so we'll see what the summer brings...i already noticed an increase in jobs. Those numbers I gave you were year to date so that's pretty much the winter work I only started the contract in October of last year.. I'd love to see that 50,000 mark but I doubt I'll get it..

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun
Hey somebody has to get lucky might as well be us! ;)