Over speed

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
Anyone turning the blower over 3600 rpm? Got a couple extra 47 blowers and I don’t really care if they self destruct. They have spent there whole life running off Kohler 27hp @ about 2800-3000rpm because of under gearing. Just bought new 37Hp Kohler and thinking about seeing how they like 4000rpm or so??? Not sure if they can produce more or if they just max out at 3600rpm. Also wanted to add water injection for cooling and I seem to remember it helped seal worn lobes for more vac and cfm. Again I don’t care if it isn’t recommended etc.etc... I heavily mod all my vehicles and toys and know the risk.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ive heard of guys overspeeeding them, not sure if the return would be worth it though it would prob hold up im sure but the more rpms the louder its gonna be and im not sure how many cfms you would really gain from it. If it was me id free flow it with no restrictions and a kunkle valve and run it at 3600 or so, if you water inject it that would alow you to go higher on your HGs wich could be beneficial but higher the HGs the lower the cfm need to find your sweet spot

Reactions: Steam It.

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
You know about how much water to inject? I am seeing a very very light fog/steamy condensation coming from silencer currently and it doesn’t seem to make a difference on performance. I don’t think I am injecting enough water to make a real difference. I had some R/C fuel line and was just letting the vacuum suck it in from my fresh water tank. Lol. I was thinking windshield washer pump or???

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Seems like theres a thread in here somewhere from a long time ago where ben discussed the water injection at length. If i can remember right it was a heavy mist but i may be wrong. As far as performance it allows you to crank you HGs up and not overheat the blower