Over an hour travel time both ways minimum charge | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Over an hour travel time both ways minimum charge

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
I did job couple days ago 1 Hour away for an older couple. 2 bedrooms. Still don't know what takes me so long - 3 hours there.

Charged them $175 + tax. 3 hours cleaning and 2 hours driving. Cashflow. Nothing else on the schedule Im just starting out.
I know it can feel pretty lonely when you compare your results of time to others on here because it feels like they live in a different reality than you are experiencing. Your not alone with this my friend. Keep at it long enough and things will start to change... so I'm told( smile).

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
2 things to encourage you.

1) If you've got nothing else to do, then a job is a job.

2) Practice makes perfect. You will be amazed how fast you'll be able to get once you've developed a system.
And you got paid to learn, so it's like college except you get paid...

I'm doing a small job this week, but it's in an area I like being seen in and I'll make enough to buy groceries for a couple of weeks!

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
2 things to encourage you.

1) If you've got nothing else to do, then a job is a job.

2) Practice makes perfect. You will be amazed how fast you'll be able to get once you've developed a system.
And you got paid to learn, so it's like college except you get paid...

I'm doing a small job this week, but it's in an area I like being seen in and I'll make enough to buy groceries for a couple of weeks!
Sweet dude! :)

The encouragement Im getting in this thread alone is wayyy more than I could have imagined. Not to say I was bummed over the job I talked about. For me it is as you said - if nothing else a job is a job!

Definitely like learning with some income/pay behind also.

Also, FWIW - Just booked a job 2 miles away for this week. 3 areas - $260! (not bragging just thankful) Kind of ironic so close after this other job I mentioned was far away.

Reactions: J20770