Our Industry's Loss | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Our Industry's Loss

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Many of you may already be aware, but it should be noted publicly, that our industry recently lost a great man. Shawn Forsythe died Saturday night following a massive heart attack.

Among Shawn's accomplishments was designing the Steam Genie truckmounts, working for several years as a manager and the technical expert for California Cleaning Supply and in recent years heading various IICRC committees including a project to revise and update the S100 Carpet Cleaning Standard.

Shawn was also a beloved husband, father to two young children (twins) and friend, helper and mentor to many. He will be missed.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My condolences. Honestly I don’t know who he is. Am I wrong to presume he is related to Tom Forsythe who we all know here very well?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
My condolences. Honestly I don’t know who he is. Am I wrong to presume he is related to Tom Forsythe who we all know here very well?
Shawn Forsythe is not related to Tom Forsythe, at least no close relationship that I am aware of.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Way too bad. This Industry is slowly losing the old timers, the true innovators, etc...however once again, this confirms that the history of our Industry has been lost long ago because of the common non-recognition.

Thanks for posting and calling this to our attention, Scott.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Way too bad. This Industry is slowly losing the old timers, the true innovators, etc...however once again, this confirms that the history of our Industry has been lost long ago because of the common non-recognition.

Thanks for posting and calling this to our attention, Scott.
Amen Ed. Well said my friend.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
My prayers to Shawn's family. He will be sorely missed for his accomplishments within our industry. Shawn was always very humble.

The Steam Genie was a great machine, ahead of its time!

Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Let me know if they set up for the family Scott, must be terrible for two young children to lose their father.
For those who might wish to donate to a fund for his young twins education -
Donations can be made by check. Make checks out to Reagan and Cameron Forsythe and send directly to Kristi Forsythe c/o NIta Cauthen, 14305 Meadowlands Dr. Riverside, CA 92503.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I have donated a seat in any of the Restoration Strategies - Turbocharged classes that will be auctioned off with proceeds going to his family.

The class is taught by Peter Crosa and Jeff Cross. This an excellent way for any restoration company to grow their business. Worth traveling to get this information.

Dates and Locations:
Nashville - April 26th
Detroit - June 20th
Orlando - Nov 15th

Here is a link to information about the class - https://www.carpetcleaningrestorationmarketing.com/turbocharged.html

The auction will run until Monday March 4th 5 PM Eastern time.

Bids can be posted on this thread, but may also be sent to me by other means including email. I will do my best to update the information here.

Bid increments $10 minimum.