Oriental rug, nain beige: WHY???

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Hi guys
i am from Italy and my english i bad. :)
I wash many oriental rugs in a mounth with good result. When i wash this kind of rug (nain beige) then result is not good.

My washing method:
1)Dust the rug with dusting machine
2)Wash the rug with rotowash (multiwash) with soft bristles. Hot Water. Different cleaning chemicals, with high and low ph
3)Rinse it with injection/extraction machine with acid rinse

What am I doing wrong?
I thought, as a last attempt, to change the brushes of the rotowash. From soft to medium.

Please help me

Thanks!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Hi guys
i am from Italy and my english i bad. :)
I wash many oriental rugs in a mounth with good result. When i wash this kind of rug (nain beige) then result is not good.

My washing method:
1)Dust the rug with dusting machine
2)Wash the rug with rotowash (multiwash) with soft bristles. Hot Water. Different cleaning chemicals, with high and low ph
3)Rinse it with injection/extraction machine with acid rinse

What am I doing wrong?
I thought, as a last attempt, to change the brushes of the rotowash. From soft to medium.

Please help me

Thanks!
Let’s see some before and after pictures of rugs you are having problems with.

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
I have not picture before washing. After washing the rug remains light dirty where it was very dirty before washing

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Did you extract from the center to the each edge?
Kinda looks like one end the nap is laying down and the other is standing up.
Hard to tell from pictures though.

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
That picture is taken from internet. In some hour i will post the real picture of the nain

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I am not the kind of guy who usually gives advice on "what went wrong" questions with nothing more than a picture and that's because film lies and lies well. I prefer to actually See and Feel the rug instead because chances are my advice (based on a picture) has a 50% chances of being wrong and I hate to give anyone the wrong advice. So with that said I believe that those bad areas looks like dog body oil to me and it appears that you did not break that oily bond. Break the bond/barrier and you'll remove the soils. (most times)

Does your customer have a large dog?

Also... I am assuming that the fiber is wool and not silk, correct?
I ask because silk can handle alkaline well enough, but not brushing agitation and you said that you used a multi wash. So if it is wool, that is the easiest fiber to except soils as dyes and they don't easily give them up. So there is a possibility that
that's as good as it's going to get.

Now you see why I don't like giving my opinions based on a picture??? Too many variable and unknowns.

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
I am not the kind of guy who usually gives advice on "what went wrong" questions with nothing more than a picture and that's because film lies and lies well. I prefer to actually See and Feel the rug instead because chances are my advice (based on a picture) has a 50% chances of being wrong and I hate to give anyone the wrong advice. So with that said I believe that those bad areas looks like dog body oil to me and it appears that you did not break that oily bond. Break the bond/barrier and you'll remove the soils. (most times)

Does your customer have a large dog?

Also... I am assuming that the fiber is wool and not silk, correct?
I ask because silk can handle alkaline well enough, but not brushing agitation and you said that you used a multi wash. So if it is wool, that is the easiest fiber to except soils as dyes and they don't easily give them up. So there is a possibility that
that's as good as it's going to get.

Now you see why I don't like giving my opinions based on a picture??? Too many variable and unknowns.
the downstairs apartment of their neighbors was destroyed by fire (2 children died). The rug was covered with ash.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I am not sure what you mean not good result?

If I am not mistaken it appears to show some cellulose browning/lignin stains.
Or it could be it needs grooming?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Unless its made of 100% polyester/polypropylene or acrylic I will never use a high ph on wool or other protein fiber or cellulose fiber. its just my own rule of thumb

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
with that being said what kind of fiber id this made from ?

Latest posts