Organic Carpet & Sofa Cleaning Products? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

sofacleaningdublin

Sep 11, 2019
Dublin
dublin-sofacleaning.ie
Real Name
Alex Rosca
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Hi

O own a medium size carpet cleaning & sofa cleaning company. We try to use only eco shampoos but we find it pretty hard to achieve good results. Up to now we have used Ecotex & Prochem Natural Shampoo but it is pretty useless on dirty fibres or carpets. I have notice that there are few american brands pf 100% organic products. Any idea of brands?

Thank you

Attachments

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
First of all, what is organic? The word has too broad of a meaning and there are ingredients mined from the earth which are too aggressive alone (potash, soda ash) to be good cleaners or not strong enough alone (phosphates) to be consistently good cleaners.

Green cleaners have a clearer definition. Generally these formulas contain ingredients that are on the EPA Safer Ingredient list. Phosphates are organic, but not considered green cleaners. I find that our definitions are too micro and do not consider the macro (big picture). It is a green practice to clean the carpet so that it will continue to be used. Flex Powder diluted is 99.4% green and Bio Break diluted is over 98% green. I would exchange a formula that is 98% green for extending the life of the carpet. A few more years out of the landfill is a greener practice than using a few ounces of chemical not considered green. Ironically, the ingredients not considered green would be organic (phosphates).

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

sofacleaningdublin

Sep 11, 2019
Dublin
dublin-sofacleaning.ie
Real Name
Alex Rosca
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
wow

that is some detailed description

As you must be aware, 99% of the world havent got a clue what organic is but my customers want us to use "organic" shampoos and i lost some big fancy commercial projects because my products were not 100% organic (data sheet)

Thank you

Attachments

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
The recognized 3rd party green certifying organizations are Eco Logic, Safer Choice (we have 4 formulas), Green Seal (we have 2 formulas). Our manufacturer's designation for green products is Green Balance (around 40 formulas). I have never heard of a 3rd party "organic" certifying organization. Can you share the name of the certifying organization? It would be interesting to get phosphates approved by a third party.