Ordering a complete pressure washing set up-Recommendations?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
One more pic of spec label. If you cant see hours , its 133. Oh, it says 20 hp on the sticker. That is incorrect. It is a 24 hp Honda. It was a last minute factory change. So basically I got a free upgrade.Thats it

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Beast unit. I am almost finished building mine. Let me see if I like pressure washing.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Coming soon:

TMF's Beast Mode Pressure Washer System
and​
PressureMaster Detergent with O2

:p
Where do I send the check Amy? :D

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Imo its only worth it for me if its reclaim (niche market) and also targeting high end homes/businesses

theres a million guys out there with a pressure washer and all the "do it all" type guys offer it.

with reclaim there is a good market to go after and lots of selling points of why its so much better

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Pressure washing is a low entry business like yard work. For a few hundred bucks you can start up which means Billy Bob and Earl are out there doing $20 whole house cleaning.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Imo its only worth it for me if its reclaim (niche market) and also targeting high end homes/businesses

theres a million guys out there with a pressure washer and all the "do it all" type guys offer it.

with reclaim there is a good market to go after and lots of selling points of why its so much better
Mine is a full reclamation system.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Interestingly, I see pw guys with runoff going down the street all the time. Reclamation pw doesn't seem to be an issue here in N Florida

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
North Carolina
www.shopcleansource.com
Real Name
Amy Barnes
Business Location
United States
Note bene:

"Power Wash wastewater cannot be discharged into the storm sewer if it contains pollutants or cleaning compounds. Cleaning will include buildings, vehicles, and even flat work. State and local authorities can fine anyone who allows wastewater into the storm sewer."

And from Cleanfax, a surprising disclosure:

"It is up to the cleaning professional recommending exterior cleaning solutions to fully understand the steps they or a hired professional must take to avoid violating the Clean Water Act or they’ll put the building’s property owner at risk of serious fines.

That’s right, contrary to popular belief, the responsibility of water reclamation when cleaning property exteriors is not in the hands of the cleaning professional or the pressure washing company … it rests with the property owner.

Property owners can face fines of up to $50,000 a day if the water used in a pressure washing project contains dangerous chemicals or is allowed to contaminate the storm drain system."

So, do you guys have to have reclaim systems? Not necessarily - but if your lack of a system results in your customer paying a fine like that, you can pretty much kiss that customer goodbye.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yep, times are changing. Reclamation is already gaining traction and soon will be an issue country wide. We will be ready.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Mine is a full reclamation system.
definitely the only way to go. Especially if your in any drought areas. Also the storm drain issues mentioned above, customers with nice landscapes who dont want mud puddles in their nice flower beds, restaurants with outdoor patio areas, government contracts where liability is a huge factor... they dont even have to close the sidewalk down.

we are in a very green state so its a big deal here

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Just as the title says I want to expand into pressure or power washing for our TMF academy. Any recommendations appreciated. After doing my research I find I need to answer these questions;

1) Hot water or cold water?
2) Electric start"?
3) How many feet hose?
4) How much psi?
5) Stationary for trailer/truck mounted or portable?
6) Belt or coupler?
7) Reclaim?
8) Surface cleaner brand & size?
9) Filtration?
10) Top brands?
this would be a minimum pressure washer...2.5gpm
I would suggest at least 4-5 gpm
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200322212_200322212
you really need a bigger unit like a dich wich to do what you are wanting to
with mud recovery
!!https://www.ditchwitch.com/vacuum-excavators/hydro-excavators/fx25
thats one of their smaller units around 30K??????

Latest posts