Ordering a complete pressure washing set up-Recommendations? | Page 2 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Ordering a complete pressure washing set up-Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Power Washing Forum' started by rob allen, Apr 1, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. jwargo1967

jwargo1967 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    florida
    Ratings:
    +708 / 13 / -0
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
    florida
    Ratings:
    +708 / 13 / -0
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
    florida
    Ratings:
    +708 / 13 / -0
    One more pic of spec label. If you cant see hours , its 133. Oh, it says 20 hp on the sticker. That is incorrect. It is a 24 hp Honda. It was a last minute factory change. So basically I got a free upgrade.Thats it[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Top Poster of Month

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,429 / 86 / -0
    Beast unit. I am almost finished building mine. Let me see if I like pressure washing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,607 / 0 / -0
    Coming soon:

TMF's Beast Mode Pressure Washer System
    and​
    PressureMaster Detergent with O2

:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. rob allen

rob allen Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,429 / 86 / -0
    Where do I send the check Amy? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,378 / 7 / -0
    Imo its only worth it for me if its reclaim (niche market) and also targeting high end homes/businesses

theres a million guys out there with a pressure washer and all the "do it all" type guys offer it.

with reclaim there is a good market to go after and lots of selling points of why its so much better

• Like Like x 1
  8. PistolPete

PistolPete Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    Pressure washing is a low entry business like yard work. For a few hundred bucks you can start up which means Billy Bob and Earl are out there doing $20 whole house cleaning.

9. rob allen

rob allen Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,429 / 86 / -0
    Mine is a full reclamation system.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PistolPete

PistolPete Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    Interestingly, I see pw guys with runoff going down the street all the time. Reclamation pw doesn't seem to be an issue here in N Florida

11. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,607 / 0 / -0
    Note bene:

"Power Wash wastewater cannot be discharged into the storm sewer if it contains pollutants or cleaning compounds. Cleaning will include buildings, vehicles, and even flat work. State and local authorities can fine anyone who allows wastewater into the storm sewer."

And from Cleanfax, a surprising disclosure:

"It is up to the cleaning professional recommending exterior cleaning solutions to fully understand the steps they or a hired professional must take to avoid violating the Clean Water Act or they’ll put the building’s property owner at risk of serious fines.

That’s right, contrary to popular belief, the responsibility of water reclamation when cleaning property exteriors is not in the hands of the cleaning professional or the pressure washing company … it rests with the property owner.

Property owners can face fines of up to $50,000 a day if the water used in a pressure washing project contains dangerous chemicals or is allowed to contaminate the storm drain system."

So, do you guys have to have reclaim systems? Not necessarily - but if your lack of a system results in your customer paying a fine like that, you can pretty much kiss that customer goodbye.

• Like Like x 2
  12. rob allen

rob allen Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,429 / 86 / -0
    Yep, times are changing. Reclamation is already gaining traction and soon will be an issue country wide. We will be ready.

13. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,378 / 7 / -0
    definitely the only way to go. Especially if your in any drought areas. Also the storm drain issues mentioned above, customers with nice landscapes who dont want mud puddles in their nice flower beds, restaurants with outdoor patio areas, government contracts where liability is a huge factor... they dont even have to close the sidewalk down.

we are in a very green state so its a big deal here