Ordering a complete pressure washing set up-Recommendations? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Ordering a complete pressure washing set up-Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Power Washing Forum' started by rob allen, Apr 1, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Top Poster of Month

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,429 / 86 / -0
    Just as the title says I want to expand into pressure or power washing for our TMF academy. Any recommendations appreciated. After doing my research I find I need to answer these questions;

1) Hot water or cold water?
    2) Electric start"?
    3) How many feet hose?
    4) How much psi?
    5) Stationary for trailer/truck mounted or portable?
    6) Belt or coupler?
    7) Reclaim?
    8) Surface cleaner brand & size?
    9) Filtration?
    10) Top brands?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Carlos Raimundi

Oct 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It really depends on what are you cleaning but a fits all answer .

1. Hot water less químicas to use some places no químicas at all great for commercial cleaning like gas station the only way to remove gum from floors.

2.if you buying it new they all comes with it now days it's just a great feature to have not the end of the world .

3. Really depends if you are using chemicals and the way you are using it but 200ft will get you anywhere .

4.psi it's not really the may focus on a pressure washer GPM it's the best are 8GPM or anything with 5GPM and up

5.Trailer. Easier to set up .

6. Belt .

7.nice to have but to much for a start up.

8. Any doesn't really matter just depend if you doing residential or commercial with the size .

9 . Not sure what you mean by filtration but they all come with it .

10. Honda motor and you good to go .

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Ken Raddon

Ken Raddon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    UT
    Ratings:
    +1,421 / 8 / -0
    I can second all that only in English. jk

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Owner Operator
    Serving the greater Charlotte area
    Ratings:
    +851 / 2 / -0
    I agree with the above recommendations. I can say from experience that a belt drive is the way to go if you plan on using a water tank, directly driven pumps spin at motor rpms and usually have pump problems when using onboard tanks. Break in the motor right, get a 7000 psi ball valve for the solution line for changing tools without powering down, go as big as possible with the motor and psi and go with at least a 28" scrubber for flat surfaces.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. alexus

Premium VIP

Nov 6, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +482 / 3 / -0
    My friend own pw store supply he tell me landa it's way to go

6. Joe cool

Joe cool Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,606 / 15 / -0
    The Landa with diesel fired on a trailer is the way to go .
    Some have 4 or 5K psi but with heat 3000 might itch concrete even with a spinner .

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. sandstormli

sandstormli Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Male
    NY, long island/Lindenhurst
    Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -0
    Hey all been a long while.

Rob are you aiming for resindetial ?
    If so can do without heat or add a burner later on no bif deal.

8gpm you need a buffer tank thi k 100 gal min ( i got a 50 but its too small and have to wait if supoly to small.

Dont worrt about the psi as you wont need it for house washing amd even residential concrete or pavers you will get jets big enough to bring psi down to 2k amyways . ( 3500 psi rated is plenty amd you might not even use it ever on reside tial.

Surface cleaner - whisper wash .

Now if you r tbinkimg serious commercial then yeah get thw burner right away ad dependi g on what type commercial might need some more psi ... might

8gpm even on a cart with wheels is NOT a portable at all sl still permanent mout on trailer or van.
    Have a reel with 150' life that should get you most places amd either a secomd reel or jjst ha ging 2 more 50' secrions for when you need it ( thinkimg residential and obviousle could be hell of a lot more commercial ) the reason for 150 on live reel is as downstreaming aith over 150 gets tricky...

Electric start any real serious pw will have it now a days .

Belt driven as not just longer lasting but also better to pull from that big tank witj it over direct drive...

• Like Like x 2
  8. rob allen

rob allen Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,429 / 86 / -0
    Thank you Roman. I want a unit that can do both.; I will be doing residential at 1st but then I want to transition to commercial later. Please explain what you mean by hose gets tricky after 150'?

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. sandstormli

Dec 20, 2008
    Male
    Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -0
    What i meant is that over 150' of hose it might be problematic to downstream ( if that how you r going to apply chem) thats why if you run 1 live reel have 150 on it as it will be plenty for most if not all residential , them have a second not live reel with extra hose .
    For extra dirty homes if downstream not enough then xjet is an option or the envirospec downstream boost pump.
    The more gpm the fasyer ypur guys will work at 8gpm you can use easily 24 inch whisper wash spinner with 4 jets thou i find it a little too big at times for residential.
    Thou one thing to keep in mind is that the more gpm the harder to downstream a good mix... i actually when downstream run my machine in lower rpm to reduce flow for better downstream injection.

The price difference for 5.5gpm amd 8gpm is very small bit 5.5gpm might be a bit too small/slow for commercial hence i got 8gpm amd can fly thru anything ... just dont go over 8gpm ( the 8gpm udor pump actually puts out 9 as it is ) watter supply might be an issue at times... check local water supply and go from there on the biffer tank decision ...
    Hope this helps, check your pm rob.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Carlos Raimundi

Oct 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I agree with the above suggestions. Or simple you can just get a electric pump soft wash . It's a dedicated pump to apply chemicals to the house roof big money on roof cleaning. And then you just rinse with the pressure washer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sandstormli

Dec 20, 2008
    Male
    Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -0
    If runnimg 2 man crew then the above is the best way to go. 1 man applying usi g soft wash pump setup and then the other guy rinsing with pw. Boom 3k square house done in an hour tops amd thats from hello mr or mrs to thank you amd bye bye

12. E350bri

E350bri New Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
  13. Sirocco Jerry

Sirocco Jerry New Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Oooh My.. I'm'A have to spend some time in here..
    There's SO much to know about outdoor cleaning systems and the finesse in what the jobsite needs..
    ..and then there's the uneducated suppliers, and such. I'll help as I can.
    eMail me your "wish-List" and what are the jobsite "types" you wish to manage,
    and we'll coach you on the Most efficient, most reliable, most Profitable ways and choices you can make.
    I don't "sell" .. I'm an equipment engineer, with 45 years experience in making machines last,
    including running an "all makes" service center for over 30 years.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Scrubbers Technology Int.

Oct 6, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Keep in mind that it is illegal to pressure clean any surface a vehicle drives on without reclaiming the wastewater in all 50 states. Fines can me massive as much as $25k a storm drain in Ca. We manufacture the best equipment to compete for any job and win it. I am new to this forum so I have to post 3 times before I can give you a post to our website.

15. Scrubbers Technology Int.

Oct 6, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A promo for what we offer .

16. jwargo1967

jwargo1967 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    florida
    Ratings:
    +708 / 13 / -0
    Rob, I dabbled in this when I used to do dennys. I bought top of the line Landa system. Mine is a trailer mounted system. 7 years old, but barely used it. I quit servicing dennys soon after i got it, and wasnt too interested in residential pressure washing. A little over 100 hours on it, and thats it. It has 24 HP Honda engine, horizontal diesel burner for heated pressure washing( superior to vertical, more fuel efficient) it has the 120 v winco generator. The cheaper 12v systems have more problems. The generator powers the blower fan for the burner, and will also run stand lights, etc.. If you want to do any commercial, youll want the hot. It is much faster, and will melt gum. 3500- 4000 psi(have to check that) at 4-5 gpm. Youll want the caster type of surface cleaner. I had the landa one originally, but it was not the caster type(rolls in any direction). You can get cheaper set ups at northern tool, etc, but they are not built like these landa systems. Has 200 gallon tank and reels. A new set up like this is pushing 14,000. Ill sell mine for 5k out the door firm if you decide you want to pursue this business.. Thats a hell of a deal compared to what it cost me, but I just want to get out from under it.

17. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +10,013 / 45 / -0
    Pics? Where are you located?

18. jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
    florida
    Ratings:
    +708 / 13 / -0
    Jacksonville Florida. I just spent 20 minutes searching my iphone, and my ipad, and i cant find pictures for the life of me. I dont know why they keep disappearing on me. Ill take some tomorrow when I get home if its not raining.

19. rob allen

rob allen Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,429 / 86 / -0
  20. jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
    florida
    Ratings:
    +708 / 13 / -0
    Ill get some for you once i get home today

• Like Like x 1