Orbot Splash Guard $225.??? for plastic???

GoTexan

Jul 1, 2021
Real Name
Paul Kliebert
Hello friends, I'm looking for a splash guard for my Orbot vibe that I can use when cleaning tile and grout.

Vendors are selling the Orbot splash guard from $199 up to $225. It seems to be a direct copy of one that is sold by Hawk, but even that one is $125. So its really quite insulting that Orbot/vendors would sell a piece of plastic for up to $225 and even more insulting that these vendors are willing to list it for such a price.

I'm seeing splash guards that sit on the floor around some machines and they range from $25 to $50 but I'm not sure how well they'll work. Has anyone found a good solution for a reasonable price?

TIA

PJ

Last edited:

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Hello friends, I'm looking for a splash guard for my Orbot vibe that I can use when cleaning tile and grout.

Vendors are selling the Orbot splash guard from $199 up to $225. It seems to be a direct copy of one that is sold by Hawk, but even that one is $125. So its really quite insulting that Orbot/vendors would sell a piece of plastic for up to $225 and even more insulting that these vendors are willing to list it for such a price.

I'm seeing splash guards that sit on the floor around some machines and they range from $25 to $50 but I'm not sure how well they'll work. Has anyone found a good solution for a reasonable price?

TIA

PJ
I made a shield for my 175 from a 5 gallon bucket. Cut the bucket all the way round twice to make 2 rings. Then cut the rings and join them together to make one large ring. I used pop rivets to join the 2 halves. Works great!
Here's a malish one: https://amzn.to/3XzBsPC for $40

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I made a shield for my 175 from a 5 gallon bucket. Cut the bucket all the way round twice to make 2 rings. Then cut the rings and join them together to make one large ring. I used pop rivets to join the 2 halves. Works great!
Here's a malish one: https://amzn.to/3XzBsPC for $40
Malish looks good. Does it fit the Orbot?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Malish looks good. Does it fit the Orbot?
The Orbot OEM guard is made to fit the machine. A regular 175 swing machine splash guard just 'floats' on the floor and moves with the machine. A regular 175 shield MAY work, but the OEM one is notched out to fit the rectangular protrusion on the rear of the Orbot base. Not sure if the malish ring is big enough to go all the way around the Orbot including the wheels.
IMHO, if you're using a $4000 machine, why put some janky looking guard on? Just buy the OEM. It's like buying a Porshe and using a harbor freight tarp instead of the custom made car cover...
MALISH__45172.jpg
orbot.jpg