Orbot and Omega Challenge | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Orbot and Omega Challenge

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
I am new and have let this carpet go on purpose and being lazy.... I know I know.

I have very bad water leaking through my washer(dirty water at that). So I decided to try my orbot with omega. Though not perfect and dont blame the machine or chems, I was happy with the out come as this has been way over due. I first sprayed an acid wash and let it dwell then extracted and more acid rinse with my pro spotter machine and air dry for 2 hours.

Then came the orbot and omega. This was so bad I was able to try many bonnets.(y)
I will need to treat for mold and smell and clean again as I left it too long but I figured this would be a good test and i was impressed with the machine and the omega. Pictures are after rinse and wand with spotter/upholstery machine(not TM)

20150329_173357.jpg
20150329_192245.jpg
20150329_192841.jpg
20150329_193229.jpg

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
Did you say you acid rinsed through your extractor? That may have in some part reduced the Alkaline cleaners abilities. Pics show a huge improvement.
Like the washing machine photo!
Are you familiar with Benefect? That would be a good product to post spray for bacteria and mold related issues/odors.

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Yes and very well could have weakened the Omega but I had to rinse that mud and water lines that had set in. I should have taken a picture of the before I even extracted. Results were better than expected though I should have done steam cleaning and flushed with the RV but I have been itching to put these to a good test and got to say this was a test and did well.

I am not familiar with benefect, do you have a link. I will post spray today since I have a fan on it to make sure it fully dries under with a similar one I believe that I am trying out.

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
You can call them at 905-528-7474 manufacturer..

Schaper supply carries it 215-592-0812 ask for Don or Eric

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Did you say you acid rinsed through your extractor? That may have in some part reduced the Alkaline cleaners abilities. Pics show a huge improvement.
Like the washing machine photo!
Are you familiar with Benefect? That would be a good product to post spray for bacteria and mold related issues/odors.

BINGO! The very first thing I said to myself when I read Walter's post was WHY on Earth would he apply an acid??? That defeats the whole purpose.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Walter.....FYI: Acid rinses stop the soil removal process. They should only be used AFTER the carpet has been cleaned with high alkaline detergents to bring the ph level back to 7.
(Ideally, a ph level of a 6.8 is perfect for nylons).

Soil is on the acid side as is most of what we humans eat and drink. Using an acid is the opposite of what you want to use.... especially right out of the gate. Either use a neutral cleaning solution (which is best IMO) or an alkaline cleaning solution.

On to spotting now. Me.....I can look at a spot from 50 feet away and I pretty much know what it is and know what I'm going to use to remove it. But because you're new, it's always best to start of with a neutral spotter because it is neither acid, or alkaline therefore it will not set a stain. If neutral does not work, just remember this.....

Acid spot - Use alkaline spotter.
Alkaline spot - Use acid spotter.
Grease spot - Use a solvent spotter.

Again.....Never use an acid rinse before cleaning. Always after...If at all.

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
BINGO! The very first thing I said to myself when I read Walter's post was WHY on Earth would he apply an acid??? That defeats the whole purpose.
The reason for the acid first was for all the water rings in the carpet since I let it go to long. It has worked for me in the past though needed very rarely. That is not something I usually do and would be better explained if I had taking a picture from the beginning.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
The reason for the acid first was for all the water rings in the carpet since I let it go to long. It has worked for me in the past though needed very rarely. That is not something I usually do and would be better explained if I had taking a picture from the beginning.

Okay. Gotcha. Next time though, go ahead and do you water ring removal using your acid spotter. Let it dry completely, THEN clean the carpet as you normally would.

No worries pal. You're getting there. Before you know it, you too will be a F.A.R.T. just like me.
Go ahead....ask me....you know you're dying to. :D