Optical Brightener Carpet Cleaning Danger

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
This thread had me curious so I had to check.
615ae09ccedc014543ba6172e41cfb13.jpg
12bd677a447d17c69c2afd3a259ecde2.jpg
4bad9beb39ce94e2bb4784fab8389f9a.jpg
818e76c0728fb96b3a7b2caaac562652.jpg
6a33a9d95f7ddea0b63ea26ee3f43d0d.jpg
2951d09d845b3f5eff7bcbdc7394195c.jpg
04f763a10d93f3ef0c3c1d1f0e743978.jpg

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
Every carpet manufacturer that I know of states that the use of optical brighteners will void the warranty on the carpet. That alone should be a reason not to use it on any carpet new enough to still be covered by warranty.

The florescence and blue will gradually yellow with exposure to UV light. This can come quickly from sunlight (3 to 6 weeks) or slowly with other types of lighting (several months).

It does not clean off easily. However, 20 to 40 minutes in a washing machine with hot water and agitation will remove it from clothing. So, clothing manufacturers usually don't object to use of OB in laundry detergent. It gets washed off as a new fresh does is being applied and so clothes do not usually suffer yellowing issues.

As Rob mentioned, some green laundry products specifically avoid OB and promote this fact. It can cause a reaction for some people, but it is rare. Most of us have worn clothing washed in OB. IT is just so common in laundry detergent. Sometimes someone will get a rash or other adverse reaction from the laundry detergent they use, but it is not a problem for most people.

I don't have strong opinion on using OB in the laundry, but I would never use it on carpet. It is a disservice to your clients.

Can the OB's also found in rinsing agents?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Absolutely, same as some of the other products pictures shown by Rob previously. I agree with you 100%......
Substancial factual proof presented or stop suggesting that a product is bad.

I won that grout master last year an for that I’m thankful.
As you can see from the picture, I have never used it. I have my factual proven reasons as to why is not a product for me but it does not mean my preferences apply to everyone. I Have never ever attempted to put the product down nor Is my intention with that picture. It is just intended to illustrate that almost anything can fluoresce under the black light.

Live and let live brother there is space in this market for everyone specially when you are the leading brand.

We shall have a beer in two months Canadian!!

On me this time

What about me Sanso? I like beer too!
Also I agree about th UV light. My pee glows in the UV light and I don't have any optical brightness in my urine.

Mighty Green

Feb 28, 2016
Real Name
marc payne
Another question Im curious of is
Can any oxi product or peroxide base be considerd as an "optical brightner".
And does an oxi based additive show under light.
Seems like everything is showing
Under that blue light .
But does that
Make it an "optical brighnter"
In other words what differentiates a peroxide non dangerous product from a optical brightening "toxic" product ...and do they both show up under blue light.
Hope this makes sense.

Reactions: ratfool

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Another question Im curious of is
Can any oxi product or peroxide base be considerd as an "optical brightner".
And does an oxi based additive show under light.
Seems like everything is showing
Under that blue light .
But does that
Make it an "optical brighnter"
In other words what differentiates a peroxide non dangerous product from a optical brightening "toxic" product ...and do they both show up under blue light.
Hope this makes sense.
They are "natural brighteners" and do not have same effect. Preload5 is made by Tom Forsythe. Peroxide blend will give off a similar glow. But it is natural.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
They are "natural brighteners" and do not have same effect. Preload5 is made by Tom Forsythe. Peroxide blend will give off a similar glow. But it is natural.

So the glow is pretty much meaningless?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
So the glow is pretty much meaningless?
Look at urine in a home. Then look near a washing machine where a woman has spilled laundry detergent. Is it the same shade?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Look, this whole thread. Proves Rob’s insecurity, lack of confidence and poor self steem. I have never ever seen prochem or bridgepoint waisted their time telling people why the competitors pruducts are garbage and theirs is not. That’s what this thread is all about. Rob trashing Saiger hiding the cold truth behind a faked informational post. Like always.

Robs reputation good or bad he created it and he continues to trash himself.

I have nothing but respect for him saiger or the others but I have More respect for me an I will say what I see just the way I see it.

Maybe later on he will come on here to remaind me how poor I am and how wealthy he is or how evil I’m and how much the almighty protects him from people like me like always. and why? Because I commented something that helps the industry but does not fit in his evil intentions.

It’s typical.

We are used to it we heard it millions of times. We have seen it million of times.

I just hope that he realizes some day that he is a valuable human being as much any other and stops feeling inferior just because some one else sales products as much as he does.

Seriously.
"Wasted". Waist is where you wear your belt. I never said nothing about the man. He speaks abusively of me. Dick, suicide with Mikey and him texting me bragging about his cash windfall and calling me an idiot. Yet I wish him no ill will. I held my hand out to him in Atlanta and he refused to shake it. Yet I still hold no animosity and wish him much success.

As far as OB's. just reported and I reported several companies using OB's. You seem cynical. Are you ok? Evil? I want to rule the carpet cleaning prespray universe? Do you read a lot conspiracies? Competition is natural in business. Its not for the timid. Have good night and if you need to talk feel free to call me anytime. Even Mark can call me. :)

Reactions: Prime and admin

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
if someone wants to get to know Tre and I they can watch this video. Print is so 1 dimensional. Your also welcome to come here free and take a FREE dye, stone and anything else for free. We are giving back 10k to cleaners. Hopefully some of you can win.

And Johnny when I say free, I mean free. Not like a guy who offers a "free" class to "vets" and then charges them and then hits them up for 1500.00 in apps, a tea pot and 25 Harbor freight air gun for example.

Only a small person thinks they know a person by the internet. To those who don't know it, the internet is not the "REAL" life. It is a virtual world. Instead worrying about mine perhaps a few of you should mind your own.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What Mark is referring to in that thread is his sample of Code Red not Harvard's Heavy Duty Extraction Rinse.
"Products" is plural. Just saying.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
"Wasted". Waist is where you wear your belt. I never said nothing about the man. He speaks abusively of me. Dick, suicide with Mikey and him texting me bragging about his cash windfall and calling me an idiot. Yet I wish him no ill will. Heck I held my hand out to him in Atlanta and he refused to shake it. Yet I still hold no animosity and wish him much success.

As far as OB's. just reported and I reported several companies using OB's. You seem cynical. Are you ok? Evil? lol I want to rule the carpet cleaning prespray universe. Now that is funny. Dude do you read a lot conspiracies? Your a funny man. Competition is natural in business. Its not for the timid. Have good night and if you need to talk feel free to call me anytime. Heck even Mark can call me. :)

Please excuse my Mexican friend's spelling. English is a second language to him. By the way, he may also be upset that Trump won too. But then I digress as it has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Look at urine in a home. Then look near a washing machine where a woman has spilled laundry detergent. Is it the same shade?

Please enlighten me. Urine the business for the last 35 years.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Please excuse my Mexican friend's spelling. English is a second language to him. By the way, he may also be upset that Trump won too. But then I digress as it has nothing to do with what this thread is about.
That was Google cabron! But it’s ok for Rob to make that comment, he had nothing else to use to attempt to insult this time.

Reactions: sunrisecarpet951

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I would not allow any to attack you both and I will not allow anyone to do same to me anymore. Goodbye.

Reactions: sunrisecarpet951

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I am aware of the writings by attackers elsewhere. That is fine. I realize gossip abounds. However I will not be disrespected in my own house. Anyone who persists will be banned. If you are not happy here then leave. I gibe this site out for free. One its welcome to come and free to leave. Or be put out if unappreciative. Goodnight.