Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
After reading back through this I can see the little bully crowd can dish it out but can't take it. The ones that call others liars and cheats are the worst offenders. They let their emotions run their life and get stuck with little or no innovation. When you can't win on an even playing field all they have is name calling and deflection.

That's why I am moving more into manufacturing because they can't stand it when someone makes a better product and it out performs their closed mind production. I did it with the wand, I will do it with a CET tool. I don't get in a battle of words because I don't want to win the battle, I want to win the cleaning war.

Reactions: admin

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Being in the public eye we leave ourselves open to all sorts of critism. Sometime though we can add a little fuel if we lose our own humility. Your a leader in many ways. Unfortunately we have to rise above even when under attack.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Being in the public eye we leave ourselves open to all sorts of critism. Sometime though we can add a little fuel if we lose our own humility. Your a leader in many ways. Unfortunately we have to rise above even when under attack.
Actually I am thankful for them. They help me not become complacent. Innovation needs fire. My 2019 motivation level just went through the roof!

PS:I have often considered sending out thank you cards to them all.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I know that feeling.... negatively towards me is a huge motivator to excel

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Actually I am thankful for them. They help me not become complacent. Innovation needs fire. My 2019 motivation level just went through the roof!

PS:I have often considered sending out thank you cards to them all.
I am not opposed to the wands you make, I love new tools, I just have never held one in my hands to see what it feels like using a different wand.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
After reading back through this I can see the little bully crowd can dish it out but can't take it. The ones that call others liars and cheats are the worst offenders. They let their emotions run their life and get stuck with little or no innovation. When you can't win on an even playing field all they have is name calling and deflection.

That's why I am moving more into manufacturing because they can't stand it when someone makes a better product and it out performs their closed mind production. I did it with the wand, I will do it with a CET tool. I don't get in a battle of words because I don't want to win the battle, I want to win the cleaning war.
Haters gonna hate brother its just what they do.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I'm just calling out false advertising when I see it. A few years ago, the creator of the Bonzer did the same type of false advertising to boost sales of the stupid rotovac. Do any of you remember this picture attached? He did two things purposely wrong, he went too fast and or put tiny flow jets on the tool to make that aw29 (that most of you new guys use who do awesome work) make those streaks. He purposely and falsely attacked another tool to sell his products that isn't needed. And Rob is doing the exact same thing. I don't see anyone else getting those results on their zipper like was shown above.
Rotovac-BEFOREnAfter.gif

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I'm just calling out false advertising when I see it. A few years ago, the creator of the Bonzer did the same type of false advertising to boost sales of the stupid rotovac. Do any of you remember this picture attached? He did two things purposely wrong, he went too fast and or put tiny flow jets on the tool to make that aw29 (that most of you new guys use who do awesome work) make those streaks. He purposely and falsely attacked another tool to sell his products that isn't needed. And Rob is doing the exact same thing. I don't see anyone else getting those results on their zipper like was shown above.
View attachment 82231
I appreciate you trying to make a "logical" defense instead of resorting to your normal immature emotional tactics. Thank you. Now let's break down your "accusation". One, we know that you are tight with the competing forum owner and his advertiser the Zip. Couple that with despising my success and your lack thereof.

So with full transparency everyone needs to know bias exists on your part. I highly recommend you spend more time on your own success than worrying about others. (It's obvious you're wrapped up in the drama posting at 5am I'm sure you were up all night thinking of a reply) Kind of sad really. I digress.

Now as to "false advertising". It's baseless and why the Zipperheads are so upset. Infuriates them to believe that a lower priced CET can out clean their over priced tool. Yes, the Zip is made better, that I have acknowledged that on multiple occasions. They conveniently overlook that fact.

Now If one reviews the threads they will see I did not do the cleaning. I set the tools in place on the floor, directed one my lead techs to divide the showroom in 3 parts. One, with swivel wand, Zip and Bonz. He was to use the same machine, same heat level, speed and no prespray, only detergent rinse. The results speak for themselves. I won't be bullied into changing or adopting a different viewpoint. The lines did not show up on the initial cleaning, but a week or two later. The wand and Bonzer retained appearance levels better. Fact.

Lastly, I offered Erik to come to my shop and do a side by side comparison and he declined, actually cursed me out. Why? Because that's what entitled liberals do. They can't win on a level playing field so name calling, slander and threatening violence is all they have left. Typical of the millennial generation. But I cannot be bullied.

So now let's talk about the "other side" you are so tight with and the shady tactics I've witnessed. How about a certain Youtube personality who copies/parrots me. He took some Powerburst, sprayed it on a carpet, used a 175, then turned on his camera to film as he sprayed down optical brightener laundry detergent prespray and said watch how the zippy cleans up with no agitation and my prespray. Now that's shady.

Here is another. At a trade show, Zip went head to head with an OP machine and got smoked! So bad they went over and over it and it couldn't match it. Then in middle night they went down and re cleaned the zippy area over and over again and it still didn't match to try and save face. You see, though I like CET tools they cannot match the cleaning and appearance levels on CGD. Probably never will.

This all confirms my belief that those pointing the fingers are always the worst offenders. Always. But on the flip side, all the finger pointing in my direction does not slow me down (your's and their intended goal) but rather speeds up my innovation and creativity. I thrive on it and appreciate it more than all you know. Like I did with the swivel wand, I will do with now with a CET tool. Maybe I'll sell a ton those too. Watch for it. I'll watch for all your liberal tears. Good day.

Reactions: Ymetimme and admin

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I’m not “in tight” with the zipper guy. In fact, I tried to challenge the drag wand designs with my high flow mach15 for months. And after I bought my FIRST zipper, I hated it, told everyone how much I hated it and sold it

Come to figure out...it was set up wrong for my style of cleaning. The trigger was on the wrong side, and it had a hole glide in the front, instead of a slotted glide, and I didn’t like the talk boy version

So after my shoulder was acting up from my business DOUBLING since 2015, I had to do something else from swinging that wand. So I bought ANOTHER zipper that Erik changed to my needs. That’s one of the best tools I’ve invested in.

And you know better than to go over a commercial soiled carpet without a prespray. The bonzer just picked up what should’ve been extracted in the first time if proper chemistry was used.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I’m not “in tight” with the zipper guy. In fact, I tried to challenge the drag wand designs with my high flow mach15 for months. And after I bought my FIRST zipper, I hated it, told everyone how much I hated it and sold it

Come to figure out...it was set up wrong for my style of cleaning. The trigger was on the wrong side, and it had a hole glide in the front, instead of a slotted glide, and I didn’t like the talk boy version

So after my shoulder was acting up from my business DOUBLING since 2015, I had to do something else from swinging that wand. So I bought ANOTHER zipper that Erik changed to my needs. That’s one of the best tools I’ve invested in.

And you know better than to go over a commercial soiled carpet without a prespray. The bonzer just picked up what should’ve been extracted in the first time if proper chemistry was used.
Please don't play dumb. It's a whole clique that greases each other and you are just a blind pawn. That's good you found something you're happy with. Just because it fits you doens't mean it fits others regardless how much you want it to be so. I swung a wand for 30+ years with no glide for most of them and my shoulders are fine. Sounds like you had the wrong wand or technique. Plus I taught myself to be ambidextrous to spread out the work and my shoulder and arm muscles actually stayed lean and strong.

As far as the Bonzer not winning if different chemistry was used is dumb. They both had the same exact chemistry/conditions. The truth is you libs just can never admit defeat. You can't just wish away results no matter how much you want it. So you have nothing burgers and are trying to impeach my results. Suck it up or come here and test them side by side with my camera crew or shut it. :cool:

Reactions: admin

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
First off Matt isn't a liberal. Second he did at first hate the Zipper as he has stated, Third, the only one here arguing that has any gain financially in this little spat is you Rob Allen.
Now there is nothing wrong with making money. I just would like to see it done in a more honest and fair approach.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
First off Matt isn't a liberal. Second he did at first hate the Zipper as he has stated, Third, the only one here arguing that has any gain financially in this little spat is you Rob Allen.
Now there is nothing wrong with making money. I just would like to see it done in a more honest and fair approach.
If it walks like a duck, cry's like a duck and looks like a duck it's a lib.

Who are we kidding, we are all in business to make money.

You guys preach a "more honest & fair" approach but do no, nada, zero testing to prove it otherwise making your points invalid. I have tested all machines openly, fairly and evenly. But facts don't matter with libs. I did zero of the cleaning in the last test and didn't even watch as I am too busy. All I did was report back and you guys can't handle that almost blowing blood vessels. Also, where are others tests? No where, so at least I am testing them and all other machines. Did the Zippy guy tell you I have recommended people to him? lol you guys.

So I offered to take it a step further, opening my school, using my film crew and do side by side tests live and on camera with anyone. But what do I get? Crickets. No one wants to see their investment shown up by VLM or a lesser heavier unit. They can't handle it.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
If it walks like a duck, cry's like a duck and looks like a duck it's a lib.

Who are we kidding, we are all in business to make money.

You guys preach a "more honest & fair" approach but do no, nada, zero testing to prove it otherwise making your points invalid. I have tested all machines openly, fairly and evenly. But facts don't matter with libs. I did zero of the cleaning in the last test and didn't even watch as I am too busy. All I did was report back and you guys can't handle that almost blowing blood vessels.

So I offered to take it a step further, opening my school, using my film crew and do side by side tests live and on camera with anyone. But what do I get? Crickets. No one wants to see their investment shown up by VLM or a lesser heavier unit. They can't handle it.

Rob, There you go again. Matt and I talk daily, he is not a liberal. I have nothing to gain from this argument of yours while you have everything to gain. So to prove it I will now get out of this argument, and watch/let you argue your time away for financial gain. Meanwhile I'll go back to work washing rugs and cleaning carpet making my money honestly. Good day.

Reactions: bcs

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
So much drama. Feels like high school sometimes on here. I have a devastator 12 in wand and love it. I wasnt opposed to the tmf wand, but I live near Tom Conway and he offered the size I want soni went for it. If I was getting one for my techs I would go with the tmf or bentley. I spent several days recently cleaning dozens of identicle vacation cabins on a famous golf course. I had the devastator and a bonzer. I like using the bonzer. It held up fine. But it with my small truckmount even with short hose runs if left the carpet wetter. Even with a slow dry pass. And it also picked up about halfthe sand that the devastator did per unit. We measured. This doesn't mean that it wouldnt work better with a bigger truckmount. Just my observations.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
So much drama. Feels like high school sometimes on here. I have a devastator 12 in wand and love it. I wasnt opposed to the tmf wand, but I live near Tom Conway and he offered the size I want soni went for it. If I was getting one for my techs I would go with the tmf or bentley. I spent several days recently cleaning dozens of identicle vacation cabins on a famous golf course. I had the devastator and a bonzer. I like using the bonzer. It held up fine. But it with my small truckmount even with short hose runs if left the carpet wetter. Even with a slow dry pass. And it also picked up about halfthe sand that the devastator did per unit. We measured. This doesn't mean that it wouldnt work better with a bigger truckmount. Just my observations.
It's winter. :giggle:

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Anyone else? :love:
outrage symptoms lol.jpg

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
If I may make an observation here:

The only truly OBJECTIVE cleaning results between wands cannot be gotten by a single user, nor can they be gotten by a single manufacturer.

They can only be achieved with field testing over multiple types of surfaces, in the hands of multiple cleaners, from different areas of the country (where conditions will vary), powered by different types of machines.

And do you know what your OBJECTIVE results will be?

Some folks will like Wand A, others will prefer Wand B, and still others will like Wand C. Wands D, E, and F will have their loyal adherents too.

None of you cleans carpets the same way, from the same height, with the same shoes on your feet, after having had the same night's sleep on the same mattress the night before. Some of you have been doing this since the 80s and have aches and pains that the new guys lack. Some of you have just started and are open to any idea if it makes the job go faster. Some of you are choppers, some of you are leaf-rakers, some of you are bowlers, and some of you wouldn't know a non-powered wand if you tripped over it. You do residential, CGD, squares, and I'm sure some of you have been asked to clean astroturf.

Everyone here is going to have a preference. And that preference may sometimes be based on resistance to change, but as often as not it is based on a genuine, deep-seated belief that what's in your hands is truly the best tool for your jobs.

In other words, my dear ones, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO AGREE.

So ease up on the name-calling, both ways please.

Distributors tend to get the stink-eye from carpet cleaners because they make their money selling stuff. Like cleaners, distributors suffer when fly-by-nights enter the ring. This, alas, means that a good distributor who means well and genuinely wants to promote products that will make the job better, faster, and easier will get viewed with suspicion.

By the same token, distributors are successful when they listen to what customers ask for, not when they try to horse-collar customers into buying what they want to sell based on profit-margin. A good distributor listens, and understands that there are many manufacturers out there putting out quality products. To try to pigeonhole the entire industry into ONE manufacturer or ONE chemical company or ONE process is, at best, detrimental and, at worst, destructive.

We all know folks in our industry that we don't agree with, or have a personal disagreement with, and that is to be expected. But don't detract from one another's dignity by resorting to insults. It makes us ALL look bad.

One's success, family, political leanings, or monetary situation should never be used as weaponry. Personal attacks are more degrading to the aggressor than to the victim.