Opinions on Wands? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Opinions on Wands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Agree ... I was fighting that carpet and I was soaked with sweat when done. Carpet was heavily soiled.They were renting a machine and cleaning it themselves. AC was on, but not low enough.

I usually only do 1-2 CGD jobs a month and most of the time a wand is ok but this month I did 5 CGD jobs 4 HWE and 1 VLM. I'm close to buying the Flex Star Head from Magic Wand.

Get the Mytee Flex Star head on your T Rex, you'll not regret it. As @OxiFreshGuy said, $600 is nothing. It'll save you time, energy, your body, and do a much better job on CGD.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I'm getting the Flex Star Head in September. I will buy it from Magic Wand. They usually have a 5/15% off sale for Labor Day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Mass-Steamer

Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Howie Wallach
Fantastic thread--Thank you.
I've been in the biz 3 1/2 years by acquiring a company.
Have a Prochem Everest TM and a 4 jet prochem wand cleaning commercial up to 5k sft and fill in w/ rat nasty residential carpets.

Just upgraded to the Bonzer on Monday for the following reasons;
1) Your feedback on TMF
2) A recommendation while servicing my truck mount
3) To save my back & avoid another purchase of back hardware (aka surgery)
4) Desire for better extraction / drying

I can't formulate an opinion yet having done carpet in great condition in a $1M home, but my client was blown away. Will get a better feel on my next 2 jobs; 8 condo buildings then a synagogue.

Will give my 2 cents after these upcoming jobs.
Thanks to everyone.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Some guys hate the Bonzer some guys love it

Let us know what you think.

I'm getting the Flex Star Head for my T-Rex Jr and I'm going to get the (Mytee) Bentley Pro when it's available.

Last edited:

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Some guys hate the Bonzer some guys love it

Let us know what you think.

I'm getting the Flex Star Head for my T-Rex Jr and I'm going to get the (Mytee) Bentley Pro when it's available.

I'm using my Mytee Flexstar head tomorrow. I do work for this place 2 or 3 times a month with it. Here's what I get from them on a good month using my Flex Star head.

33F5551A-49B4-4F60-8549-4AC775355282.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob, Why are you pulling a post made in January and rehashing this? As you can see in the picture of my original post, I stated I had nothing to gain from our argument, while you had everything to gain from it, and that I was then getting out of the argument to allow you to argue your way to financial gain. This was 7 months ago. Have you nothing better to do?

View attachment 86751
What’s it to you? Don’t you have some celebrating to do now that Tony had a stroke?

• Wow

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
What’s it to you? Don’t you have some celebrating to do now that Tony had a stroke?
Uncalled for. I would think you wouldn't be caught up in the heat of the moment if you are quoting an post that is a few days old. Looks like you just want to have a back and forth with someone.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Wow! Rob, you've reached a new low. This is why I gave up being a TMF moderator, and a TMF cheerleader.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If anyone questions my motives expect to get same in return. Good day.

• Haha

bcs

Mar 6, 2010
nz
Real Name
marcus barker
Business Location
New Zealand
Rob you are an absolute asshole.Johnny is as straight up as they come,you however are a snake.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob you are an absolute asshole.Johnny is as straight up as they come,you however are a snake.
Get lost kid. Only a dumb person believes they "truly" know someone from a virtual reality world, the internet. And they are definitely clueless about industry politics where the real snakes are.

• Haha

bcs

Mar 6, 2010
nz
Real Name
marcus barker
Business Location
New Zealand
Get lost yourself,you show your true colors and thats why most of the veterans have left tmf .You portray yourself as gods gift to the carpet cleaning world yet the whole way through its been your ambition and greed thats driven you.Johnny i would welcome to my house,you i wouldnt even welcome to my country

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Get lost yourself,you show your true colors and thats why most of the veterans have left tmf .You portray yourself as gods gift to the carpet cleaning world yet the whole way through its been your ambition and greed thats driven you.Johnny i would welcome to my house,you i wouldnt even welcome to my country
Do you see me in "private Facebook" groups gossiping about people like others? Nope. Nada. That's true colors. I wouldn't doubt your not in one of them with that childish nonsense. Poor human nature.

Also that line about why vets left is played out. Facebook is slowing all forums down across the internet. Some vets wanted their own groups. Who cares. And yes we used to have a 1000+ posts here a day. Now we have 1000+ posts a day on Facebook. Business's evolve.

Haters always compensate by putting those down who are motivated and who pursue their goals. I have found those that resort to "name calling" have nothing left because they can't win by reason. Jealousy set in about 3 years ago after we started monetizing.

Like I said "you know nothing about industry politics" and you certainly don't know someone from the virtual internet world. Grow up.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Get lost kid. Only a dumb person believes they "truly" know someone from a virtual reality world, the internet. And they are definitely clueless about industry politics where the real snakes are.
I don't know 99.5% of the good folks I've met on here including you Rob. You, unfortunately are lumped into the internet world like everyone else on here. Johnny is straight shooter in everything I have seen in my days here and haven't seen him be nothing but honest...

Some come here to gain knowledge, some come here to hone their knowledge and some come to share their knowledge...

The wonderful resource forums used to provide is going away for the short term memory of social media. This media is going to die sooner than later and perhaps faster than slower at this rate.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Cant we all just get along? :ROFLMAO: (y)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
  • Haha
Reactions: SRD

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
As distributors, you and I and others are held to a somewhat higher standard of integrity than the average cleaner, Rob - sad but true, we are expected to be "in it for the money" and we must spend more energy proving this to be unfounded than someone whose time is spent 100% in the trenches. If I had a dollar for every time I had to 'prove myself' due to my gender and my position, I wouldn't be working quite so hard as I am.

And to take a personal stab by saying someone here must be "celebrating" the misfortune of Tony Dang is honestly beneath you - you're a better man than that.

You're a decent man at heart, and I don't think for a second that you really believe Johnny is glad that something so tragic has happened.

I think if you'd stepped away from the keyboard for a bit you might not have made that comment - I credit it to your irritation at the constant barrage of challenges you face in your quest to release products, not your personal opinion of any given poster.

This industry thrives on the open sharing of information and the innovation of hardworking individuals. There are snakes in every industry, we are no more or less prone to them than any other. And frankly I believe most snakes prefer to stay hidden in the long grass, rather than coming out into the sun to hobnob with the other critters.

My personal philosophy is, try to believe the best of everyone, and prepare to be disappointed on occasion, and it's a much more pleasant way to socialize than assuming the worst and being proven right.

I think you owe Johnny an apology, but it's your call to make.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
As distributors, you and I and others are held to a somewhat higher standard of integrity than the average cleaner, Rob - sad but true, we are expected to be "in it for the money" and we must spend more energy proving this to be unfounded than someone whose time is spent 100% in the trenches. If I had a dollar for every time I had to 'prove myself' due to my gender and my position, I wouldn't be working quite so hard as I am.

And to take a personal stab by saying someone here must be "celebrating" the misfortune of Tony Dang is honestly beneath you - you're a better man than that.

You're a decent man at heart, and I don't think for a second that you really believe Johnny is glad that something so tragic has happened.

I think if you'd stepped away from the keyboard for a bit you might not have made that comment - I credit it to your irritation at the constant barrage of challenges you face in your quest to release products, not your personal opinion of any given poster.

This industry thrives on the open sharing of information and the innovation of hardworking individuals. There are snakes in every industry, we are no more or less prone to them than any other. And frankly I believe most snakes prefer to stay hidden in the long grass, rather than coming out into the sun to hobnob with the other critters.

My personal philosophy is, try to believe the best of everyone, and prepare to be disappointed on occasion, and it's a much more pleasant way to socialize than assuming the worst and being proven right.

I think you owe Johnny an apology, but it's your call to make.
As usual your wisdom exceeds the majority here. Though Johnny has said some nasty things about Tony and myself I certainly don’t think John is an evil person. And yes it wears on you when others assume, impute wrong motives and slander your name.

I think it’s the “Trump effect” these days, when one slings he slings back, sometimes harder. It was a pleasure meeting you in person where one can really know someone. I’ll try harder next time. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.