Opinions on Wands? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Opinions on Wands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I hate the 3 cords when using a rotary.

Do you have a Zipper and is it worth the $2000+.
I probably would only use it 5-10 times a year.

I have a Zipper, a T Rex, a T Rex Jr. and a Flexstar head for the T Rex. Personally I prefer the T Rex with the Flexstar head for CGD. If I have no electrical power then I'd use the Zipper. Hate using the wand unless I have no choice.

Reactions: Jimsteam

KwikDri

Feb 3, 2018
Idaho Falls
Real Name
Jason Perkins
Business Location
United States
I hate the 3 cords when using a rotary.

Do you have a Zipper and is it worth the $2000+.
I probably would only use it 5-10 times a year.
I have one. It really depends on whether you are doing a lot of residential or commercial work. If you’re doing more commercial I think the zipper is an awesome wand. I probably wouldn’t go with the 17 inch head as it is a little too heavy for my liking.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I have 2 prochem wands 14" and 12".....
havent used wands since I got the zipper 7 years ago....
\
I prefer the bonzer over the zipper for various reasons...

1. BONZER for residential and commercial
cleans forward and backward and no dry strokes with the jets on the front and the back....
cleans and dries a little better than the zipper

2. ZIPPER for commercial
cleans better walking it forward...jets are in front only
---too heavy for cleaning around furniture/...imo
but rentals are fine........

both still clean better than a wand and with the correct TM rarely have to do dry strokes...a real plus.......

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Let us know when the Bently Pro is available. I need a wand for big open areas. I'm still tired from the Thursday job a big empty Showroom.

I'm almost ready to buy a Zipper, but $2000+ and that Bonzer just looks like a piece of junk.

I had a 360i and wasn't happy with it. The handle sucked in my opinion. When moving the 360i from room to room or to the van, every time I hit a bump the handle would come crashing down. I had to use a bungee cord to keep it in place and the swivel joint broke after a few months that cost $125. I sold it and bought the T-Rex Jr.

I have the Mytee Lite 13'' OP and T-Rex Jr and I'm very happy with both of them. Now I need the Bently Pro.

View attachment 86691
Here's the one( Bonzer), upgraded. 2 months old I can get by with my 4 wands and Cx-15. Interested? $1000 and it's yours.( priced for quick sale. I'm not needy and will not fight over $200. It's too new for a pics...

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I think T-Rex with Flex Star head would be good on CGD but I have the T-Rex Jr and it's much smaller. It's only good for residential because of it's size.

I'm going to wait for the Bently Pro.

I was considering a used Zipper off ebay. There is one for $1250. It's been on ebay for many weeks.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I have 2 prochem wands 14" and 12".....
havent used wands since I got the zipper 7 years ago....
\
I prefer the bonzer over the zipper for various reasons...

1. BONZER for residential and commercial
cleans forward and backward and no dry strokes with the jets on the front and the back....
cleans and dries a little better than the zipper

2. ZIPPER for commercial
cleans better walking it forward...jets are in front only
---too heavy for cleaning around furniture/...imo
but rentals are fine........

both still clean better than a wand and with the correct TM rarely have to do dry strokes...a real plus.......
We have been using the 13" Zipper for nearly 4 years . This Zipper and all standard Zippers clean on both the push and pull strokes .
I don't know why you allude to the fact they dont.
Not just rentals but any open areas in residential the 13" zipper is fine.
Jets are in the middle of the vacuum chamber not only in the front as you mentioned.
The 13" is @ 35lbs with a well placed handle .This 67 year old as no problem carrying it up 37 flights of stairs.
Do you market Roto Vac merchandise ?
I like RV 360i with the brush head in those nasty residentials.
Great tool but must be handled with care like the Bonzer.
Quality of build is no where near a Trex or a Zipper.
I also use a 14" PMF 3 jet wand....built like rock.
PMF ,360l and the Zipper .All get used but the PMF has the most miles since our business is directed towards residential.
Commercial I prefer VLM whenever feasible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Let us know when the Bently Pro is available. I need a wand for big open areas. I'm still tired from the Thursday job a big empty Showroom.

I'm almost ready to buy a Zipper, but $2000+ and that Bonzer just looks like a piece of junk.

I had a 360i and wasn't happy with it. The handle sucked in my opinion. When moving the 360i from room to room or to the van, every time I hit a bump the handle would come crashing down. I had to use a bungee cord to keep it in place and the swivel joint broke after a few months that cost $125. I sold it and bought the T-Rex Jr.

I have the Mytee Lite 13'' OP and T-Rex Jr and I'm very happy with both of them. Now I need the Bently Pro.

View attachment 86691
We like our 360i however you are correct the aren't the best built nor is the Bonzer .
There are much better built longer lasting equipment available.
I also have the 13 Mytee lite.Great tool for empties and smaller commercial

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob, There you go again. Matt and I talk daily, he is not a liberal. I have nothing to gain from this argument of yours while you have everything to gain. So to prove it I will now get out of this argument, and watch/let you argue your time away for financial gain. Meanwhile I'll go back to work washing rugs and cleaning carpet making my money honestly. Good day.
Libs always avoid facts. Facts are I offered up my school, a side by side live comparison and no one is game. I have watched a side by side of VLM vs Zipper where the VLM crushed it. So much so late at night the guys came down and zipped it like crazy to try and make it match the next day. VLM still won. Now is there a place for the Zipper? Absolutely. Built well, a bit heavy for my taste, but I still own a regular and a SS. Still, 95% time, I go VLM on CGD. HWE is king of residential, but VLM is king of CGD. Facts.

Reactions: smart n kleen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
PS:I am/will be building my own tool to compete with Bonzer, Zipper and CX 15 in the CET category.

Reactions: george8585

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Rob what is your top 3 go to tools for CGD then?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob what is your top 3 go to tools for CGD then?
Orbot Life, cordless and a dream to use.
Cimex. one trick pony but covers some sq ft fast or Sprayborg/Vibe
TMF Ti wand for 3k ft or less & Bonzer/Zipper for 3k sq ft plus if HWE

Breeze

Nov 28, 2014
Real Name
Raymond Fabrizio
dont think the mytee duel slot in out yet?????

but ii was wondering about the mytee 14" bentley titanium wand?????

it has stainless steel glides....
im concerned that they may not move as easily as the white glides.....
I had the mytee Bentley. I liked the steel glide, it was good. The recovery is greatly also. The wand is super light weight which is fantastic. The problem I had with the wand is that the swivel is complete garbage.deal breaker. I still have it ,I just stopped using it.I now use the tmf dandpro wand.it is much higher quality, no comparison. But cost much more. I'm sure the devastator is great also.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I had the mytee Bentley. I liked the steel glide, it was good. The recovery is greatly also. The wand is super light weight which is fantastic. The problem I had with the wand is that the swivel is complete garbage.deal breaker. I still have it ,I just stopped using it.I now use the tmf dandpro wand.it is much higher quality, no comparison. But cost much more. I'm sure the devastator is great also.

Get ahold of Mytee and they'll trade out your swivel.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Libs always avoid facts. Facts are I offered up my school, a side by side live comparison and no one is game. I have watched a side by side of VLM vs Zipper where the VLM crushed it. So much so late at night the guys came down and zipped it like crazy to try and make it match the next day. VLM still won. Now is there a place for the Zipper? Absolutely. Built well, a bit heavy for my taste, but I still own a regular and a SS. Still, 95% time, I go VLM on CGD. HWE is king of residential, but VLM is king of CGD. Facts.

Rob, Why are you pulling a post made in January and rehashing this? As you can see in the picture of my original post, I stated I had nothing to gain from our argument, while you had everything to gain from it, and that I was then getting out of the argument to allow you to argue your way to financial gain. This was 7 months ago. Have you nothing better to do?

Image 8-13-19 at 8.45 PM.jpg

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Get ahold of Mytee and they'll trade out your swivel.
called and no on has any idea what you talking about, they have same swivel as always and dont replace them. Also asked about the trash spray bar. Lady said they updated it 2 years ago, after she showed it to me its the exact same one I got at least 3 years ago? ANyways it still just has the 2 little booger welds on it that snap off. She said she sells at least 2 spray bars a week..........

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Orbot Life, cordless and a dream to use.
Cimex. one trick pony but covers some sq ft fast or Sprayborg/Vibe
TMF Ti wand for 3k ft or less & Bonzer/Zipper for 3k sq ft plus if HWE
Orbot Life is out of my price range but I have a SprayBorg and have been getting great results with the carpet brush for scrubbing and Glad Pads for extraction.

I use the red bristle driver. Much more aggressive and you don't need any weights. Velcro driver sucks. In my opinion.

But I still do mostly HWE on CGD, and I need something for big opens areas.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Friday I did some small offices and 2 open areas about 500 sq ft each CGD and the wand was jumping. T-Rex Jr with Flex Star Head would have been perfect for that job but $600 dollars for the T-Rex Jr Flex Star Head ?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yup $600. Imagine you're doing CGD 4 nights a week but you save time, energy and produce cleaner carpet.

$600 is nothing.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Agree ... I was fighting that carpet and I was soaked with sweat when done. Carpet was heavily soiled.They were renting a machine and cleaning it themselves. AC was on, but not low enough.

I usually only do 1-2 CGD jobs a month and most of the time a wand is ok but this month I did 5 CGD jobs 4 HWE and 1 VLM. I'm close to buying the Flex Star Head from Magic Wand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.