Opinions on Steam Genie truckmount

fastinjun

Jan 27, 2010
california
Real Name
Mitch
Business Location
United States
I have an opportunity to buy a Steam Genie truckmount, I used one briefly many years ago but since only used prochem and fox. I need a truckmount and cant afford a prochem at teh moment.
Any opinions of the steam genie? I know the heat is great but besides that the reliability, performance etc.
Thanks in advance

chevy4wd

Oct 15, 2010
California, Sacramento/ Elk Grove
Real Name
R. Guzman
Business Location
United States
Wow no one has chimed in... Ok I will... as long as you're not paying a arm and a leg for the unit it should be fine. I've owned one.. simple set up. It came with a Sutorbuilt 4MP, and a Hydracell D10, heat from a Little Giant and powered by a 24hp Honda Motor and had good pick up with average dry times. No major bells and whistles... but built like a tank.

Ranier

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
I know the heat is great but besides that the reliability, performance etc.
They are all old machines but were built well. Don't know if you are talking about a 36 or a 45
Reliability and performance is going to be based on how
the unit was taken care of and maintained.

fastinjun

Jan 27, 2010
california
Real Name
Mitch
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the opinions, I looked at it, fired it up and to be honest it seems underpowered. Simple design definately but underpowered for what I expect.

fastinjun

Jan 27, 2010
california
Real Name
Mitch
Business Location
United States
Not sure what size, couldnt see any model name or number. Small blower and hypro pump I believe, no clutch on pump.

Brett Sabre

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Ca.
Real Name
Brett
I just joined mainly because I have owned a steam genie for 20 years. It's got 6300 hours on it lol. Same blower Roots. Basically I like it but I have rebuilt and replaced almost everything 3 times or more over the years. Parts are sometimes hard to find but I have gotten good at scrounging online.
I am in Ca. and had a good relationship with Felix in Compton over the years.
They closed and as far as I know are not made any more.

Parts: http://www.steamgenie.com/ ( This is some of the guys from the old Compton factory including Felix who is the man for parts on the SG systems. If you can't find it anywhere else he has it. WATER BOX VALVE.)

2002 models still up on this website. link not valid

This is my unit: http://www.ices.net/catalog/item79.html
Mine has an Onan 16 hp motor.

Last edited by a moderator: