Opinions on Mytee lite vortex | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Opinions on Mytee lite vortex

PRH

Jul 21, 2019
Real Name
Patrick Hoene
Hey everybody I need your help. I would like to start my own Carpet Cleaning Business but i have to crawl before i walk so I am planning on getting a portable to start off. I cant figure out if the new Mytee Escape Lite vortex is one of the best out there for the money or there are comparable for less. I was planning on getting a 5x8 trailer and keeping it there with a generator. I was told it has the power to do so(150-200feet). Is this set up even proper for the portable or will i have problems with the carpets being wet? Also i baught a used power wand($650) and was going to use it as well. Did i make a mistake and should have gotten the 360i instead? Any suggestions?

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Good portable choice. I'd just pull it on the porch and use the customers power rather than a generator. I would use a regular wand and a 175 or crb starting out. Not many use a power wand.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hey everybody I need your help. I would like to start my own Carpet Cleaning Business but i have to crawl before i walk so I am planning on getting a portable to start off. I cant figure out if the new Mytee Escape Lite vortex is one of the best out there for the money or there are comparable for less. I was planning on getting a 5x8 trailer and keeping it there with a generator. I was told it has the power to do so(150-200feet). Is this set up even proper for the portable or will i have problems with the carpets being wet? Also i baught a used power wand($650) and was going to use it as well. Did i make a mistake and should have gotten the 360i instead? Any suggestions?
I got the first prototype it has worked awesome with zero issues.

It has plenty of power to 150 if you want to go further I would recommend moving the machine closer. That's what makes it so versatile.
rotovac powerwand leave things wet if you do not follow the rotovac pattern exactly as recommended which is a 4 x 4 square followed by two dry passes. But they clean excellent
360i are way more versatile!! And leave the carpet dryer with less work.
Traditional ones clean carpet just fine as long as you pre agitate was he there a Crb or a 175.

I recommend against trailers is there a total pain. if it's a must make it temporary when you clean carpet as a profession you really need a van

I've had gas truck mounts in the past and long hose runs are way overrated!!! Setup and teardown is an absolute pain.

If the run is inconvenient just moved the machine closer that's what makes it work so well if you have medical buildings problem solved. If you have residential that one's closed or service also problem-solve. Multiple story buildings problem solved

EMT do not get much love on here. And normally get a lot of criticism but I have experience and I can tell you first-hand it'll work out fine

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I was just talking with John Labarbera the other day about Mytee machines including the Vortex. Having choices is awesome it allows for you to choose not the machine that’s best for the other guy but the best for you. If your wanting a very powerful machine all in one package it’s a awesome way to go.
I personally use that Mytee Air Hog Water Hog Combo. Like Tim mines been flawless. For me the flexilibity of having the vacs and pump separated helps me a ton.
There are many advantages to the Mytee ETMs. In winter take your equipment inside so it doesn’t freeze. Work behind locked doors, for secure commercial jobs and residential where you can’t the door open. They have great power, and you can use the clients power, or your own should you choose.
I like my air hog, water because I can daisy chain air hogs together if I need more muscle. While I have two air hogs I’ve yet needed the extra power but it’s always available.
Mytees a great way to go, and like Tim said this is Truck Mount forum. So of course most will be using such. But there’s many who have gone the ETM route as well. Always glad to help.

PRH

Jul 21, 2019
Real Name
Patrick Hoene
Thank you everybody. I guess the mytee is it then. Yeah I admit that the trailer will be a pain but i dont have "kind of nice" van money right now. I know appearance is a key factor especially when people drive buy when im in a neighborhood working. I can get this very nice enclosed 5x8 for $700 from a friend. Put some insignia on it problem solved until i can upgrade. I also failed to mention im driving a ford escape so i pretty much need the trailer.

The Water Hog combo was my first choise but i would need 4 outlets and I thaught i might have alot of headaches with that ...plus i will be using heat.. so 5 outlets. Thats why im lookn at the vortex instead.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Thank you everybody. I guess the mytee is it then. Yeah I admit that the trailer will be a pain but i dont have "kind of nice" van money right now. I know appearance is a key factor especially when people drive buy when im in a neighborhood working. I can get this very nice enclosed 5x8 for $700 from a friend. Put some insignia on it problem solved until i can upgrade. I also failed to mention im driving a ford escape so i pretty much need the trailer.

The Water Hog combo was my first choise but i would need 4 outlets and I thaught i might have alot of headaches with that ...plus i will be using heat.. so 5 outlets. Thats why im lookn at the vortex instead.
Presentation is important but everyone starts out not being able to afford all the stuff they want to look good. Dress well, speak correctly and your ahead. You can pull up on a bicycle and if your hustling with great work you can make money, pour everything you have into it, you’ll do great.

I have a new diesel heater I’ve yet to use it. If your doing residential you may never need it, good chemistry, and a lot of agitation go along way. My hotlinx heater is mounted in my truck and I’ve yet to fire it up.

Airhog, Water hog is three plugs max. One for the pump, two for the vacs. There’s times I don’t never bother with the second vac. So two plugs often.
You can use the Airhog inside, then water hog on the porch or garage. And cords aren’t a issue that way. Normally. I have a 10000 watt duel fuel gen set if I want to keep it all in the truck but again don’t need it. I just bought a second set air hog water hog since you can piggy back the airhogs. Yet unlikely you’ll need to do that anytime soon.

Sounds like your headed off for a good start. John Labarbera the owner of Mytee is often on the forum if you have any questions, you can purchase direct from Mytee or a distributor. John will even admit often going thru a distributor you can get a better deal. If you go that direction I personally really like Taf at Magic Wand Co. They really are very helpful. Either way you won’t go wrong, John and Taf are some of the most helpful guys in the industry.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States

Ford Escape . Hmm once that trailer is loaded down it may be a tad too much ??
I have been pulling a 5 by 8 trailer year around in Michigan for the past 10 years , backing up football field lengths at times and Its a moving billboard !!!. I pull it with a Chevy pick up . Generator and a 50 gallon Waste tank in the bed. Fresh 50 gallon .Water tank in the trailer .
Your very wise seeking a machine that only requires 2 circuits .

PRH

Jul 21, 2019
Real Name
Patrick Hoene
Your right Taf seems to be very knowledgeable. I have spoken to him once before. I live 15 min away from Magic Wand Company in lombard. Patrick is the tech there who first showed me the air hogs package...then i was interested in a used jaguar. Then the vortex. Im happy you're talking up Magic Wand cus i have been kind of skeptical of them. I guess it must be that branch. They have no machines to test. No Air Hogs, Vortex, jags...nothing but a escape

Reactions: Ymetimme

PRH

Jul 21, 2019
Real Name
Patrick Hoene
So I have been trying to read up to try to figure out which extractor to get until a few days ago were i got desperate and asked for help. Anyways thanks again for your help

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
keep shopping and looking around take all advice with a grain of salt

Reactions: Jimsteam

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Taf is a great guy. He goes way out of his way to help his customers. Dee Dee his wife is at ext 101 if you ever have any questions she’s also great to work with. I’ve not dealt with anyone from there but Taf, Dee Dee, and their Reno Store. But always have had great experiences.
The nice thing about the air/water is it’s easy to run on two circuits. If avail you can use the third. It’s very rare you can’t find three. But sometimes working in a very small park model type home we have here on vacation parks I simply use two circuits.

PRH

Jul 21, 2019
Real Name
Patrick Hoene
The Hog has a psi of 400-1200. Dont you have problems with oversaturation. You ever run in to an $ wool ...400 seems to high ..then again im going on what i saw in a jon-don class..i have never actually done a job haha just helped on 2

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
The Hog has a psi of 400-1200. Dont you have problems with oversaturation. You ever run in to an $ wool ...400 seems to high ..then again im going on what i saw in a jon-don class..i have never actually done a job haha just helped on 2
While super high pressure can cut a wool fiber there’s zero concern with a water hog. I flood wash wool. Where are you located? There’s a great wool Rug class offered by Doug Heifernan and Tom Monahan coming up soon you may want to attend. I love cleaning wool.
While I rarely agree with Odin you should research equipment. Not everyone has the same needs. Personally I like flexibility and value that greatly. One mistake people do commonly is buy what works for the other guy. Everyone works differently and it’s nice we have massive amts to choose from.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens

Not wool of course, but I love cleaning rugs! Much more so then carpet.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
First off you're smart taking classes first.

Second wool is way tougher than instructors at Jon don let on. mostly because they don't want to be responsible for guys ruin ing any thing.
I always recommend rug washing. not rug extracting. But of course you can under certain circumstances even at 400 PSI not likely to damage anything or over wet

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I would suggest getting a business plan...
A target map for your goals in your business.....
example
-
1. What carpet cleaning do you want to target????
as listed:
apts., homes, rentals, resturants, theaters, motels,
commercial, schools, tile and grout.....

2. fulltime or partime....?????
partime is safer and less risky.......
3. Income and profit the first 5 years......
4. Do you have any current contracts....or business leads...??
5. Do you have income saved up???

I personally do not believe it is wise to purchase any carpet cleaning equipment until you get these nailed down....!!!

List these on the forum first...imo
then get suggestions for the equipment you will need to fit your business plan.......

Not trying to discourage you......just procede with caution

PRH

Jul 21, 2019
Real Name
Patrick Hoene
I would suggest getting a business plan...
A target map for your goals in your business.....
example
-
1. What carpet cleaning do you want to target????
as listed:
apts., homes, rentals, resturants, theaters, motels,
commercial, schools, tile and grout.....

2. fulltime or partime....?????
partime is safer and less risky.......
3. Income and profit the first 5 years......
4. Do you have any current contracts....or business leads...??
5. Do you have income saved up???

I personally do not believe it is wise to purchase any carpet cleaning equipment until you get these nailed down....!!!

List these on the forum first...imo
then get suggestions for the equipment you will need to fit your business plan.......

Not trying to discourage you......just procede with caution
No you're not dicouraging me..Im going to go part time. I work for a mat company and have well over 1500 contacts(that make the decisions) from small businesses to hospitals. Residential is were i have nada for contacts. I have a few CC friends that are trying to put me in the right direction as far as marketing..google..flyers..etc. But yeah i definately am not doing this without a plan. Thanks