Opinion/Experience with epoxy flooring for shop or garage?

mrkavin

Banned
Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
Hi All,

I'm on the cusp of buying a house and for the first time in my life, I'll have a garage (exciting!). Since the garage is 2.5 cars, I'm going set up a workshop in there.

Right now, the floor is painted cement and the current owner has been using the garage to restore vintage MGs.

The cement is in OK shape, but will need repainting at the very least. I like the look/idea of epoxy, but have heard mixed review regarding slickness when wet.

Interested in anyone with experience with epoxy floors or alternative flooring solutions.

mrkavin

Banned
Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
Hi All,

I'm on the cusp of buying a house and for the first time in my life, I'll have a garage (exciting!). Since the garage is 2.5 cars, I'm going set up a workshop in there.

Right now, the floor is painted cement and the current owner has been using the garage to restore vintage MGs.

The cement is in OK shape, but will need repainting at the very least. I like the look/idea of epoxy, but have heard mixed review regarding slickness when wet.
epoxy flooring orlando
Interested in anyone with experience with epoxy floors or alternative flooring solutions.
thanks in advance for any help

cerobaga

Banned
Nov 30, 2022
Real Name
cerobaga
Hi All,

I don't have one, in fact my garage floor is not even painted. Nowadays, most manufacturing facilities have epoxy floors. They stand up well to equipment and wear, which is why they are used so extensively. They are probably slippery when wet. This would be a side effect of another feature that most manufacturing people would prefer for thier floors and that is the ease of sweeping or cleaning the floor.

The mixed reviews may be because the consumer type systems may not be as good as what is used in factories.