Opened PennySaver to see Carpet Cleaners are only charging $8 per room with $32 MIN??

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
I have to agree on that one, when working for yourself you must always be selling your services. Heather and I spent a few months "not focusing" on marketing and sales because we were upgrading equipment (new truckmount etc) and we noticed a definite difference as we started to go into a slump. We quickly pulled up our socks and got back to marketing and within a month we were back to being "overly busy" as we like it.

When self employed, you are ALWAYS looking for a job.

Kev Berry

Nov 7, 2009
Rancho Mirage, Cailfornia.
Real Name
Kevin Berry
Business Location
United States
Illegal immigration is not the reason for those prices. It is purely bait and switch on behalf of the contractor. But why not call them and see for yourself, have them come over and see if you can learn what not to do from them in their sales pitch.
You have to decide for yourself where you want to be in the food chain. Just starting off you will be willing to make less money just for the experience and some cash flow, but that will soon go away. Also dont worry about how much you make per hour when you first start (it'll depress you), you pick up speed with experience.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
It is called illegal aliens; Send their tails back to mexico and problem will go away.

This sort of racist slob should be banned immediately. It is not fair at all to blame mexicans for the price problems in this business. Most of them are very hard working and polite people that do not hurt anybody and are just trying to provide for themselves and their families. Not many are even in the carpet cleaning business.

I sure hope Locko is not offended by this ignoramus' remark. Please management, suspend his account. This is just mean spirited and we don't need this sort of thing at this wonderful forum.

Fernando Navarro

Premium VIP
Oct 9, 2008
L.A
www.carpetcleaninginla.com
Real Name
Fernando Navarro
Business Location
United States
This sort of racist slob should be banned immediately. It is not fair at all to blame mexicans for the price problems in this business. Most of them are very hard working and polite people that do not hurt anybody and are just trying to provide for themselves and their families. Not many are even in the carpet cleaning business.

I sure hope Locko is not offended by this ignoramus' remark. Please management, suspend his account. This is just mean spirited and we don't need this sort of thing at this wonderful forum.

Right on the money.
And I'll see to it that this kind of racist remarks will not be tolerated on this forum!!!!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
It is called illegal aliens; Send their tails back to mexico and problem will go away.

Are you serious!?

I thought your married to a Mexican woman?

That comment was really uncalled for prolly one of the harshest comments I've seen on my board.

I'll give you a chance to come on apologize otherwise don't come back here.

My wife is Hispanic and so is 75% of my friends.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
A side note, who gives a crap about cheap prices flooding the market, do what you do best and you will get the return. I have guys in this industry stealing content, designs, modified plugins and reselling them for cheapo prices but quality is no where bear the quality I push out but in the end who cares it's going to happen in any market!!

Focus on your business and keep analyzing your competitors to stay ahead.

That's my motto.

Fernando Navarro

Premium VIP
Oct 9, 2008
L.A
www.carpetcleaninginla.com
Real Name
Fernando Navarro
Business Location
United States
A side note, who gives a crap about cheap prices flooding the market, do what you do best and you will get the return. I have guys in this industry stealing content, designs, modified plugins and reselling them for cheapo prices but quality is no where bear the quality I push out but in the end who cares it's going to happen in any market!!

That's my motto.

Well put.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

Why would Locko be offended? He said that he is not mexican, are just assuming that he is?

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Why would Locko be offended? He said that he is not mexican, are just assuming that he is?
Why is there something wrong with being a mexican? This country really needs to stop hurting these people, beginning with that Rjf skin head.

Locko is not mexican? Who cares! He is hispanic and the racist statement was further reaching than just mexicans. And Locko is one of the most valuable members here in this community.

Of course, this worm Rjf is going to try to save his skin with an insincere apology, probably minutes before he calls somebody like Locko a "wetback". I am impressed with the administrator's participation and intolerance on this issue. This sort of thing is horribly offensive to anybody who understands modern respect of others.

Mexico is a country, not a race, so let's not make this a racial thing. I would have chosen my words better if I were Ricky, but what if he had said "send 'em back to Canada!"? I doubt anyone would accuse him of being racist.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Mexico is a country, not a race, so let's not make this a racial thing. I would have chosen my words better if I were Ricky, but what if he had said "send 'em back to Canada!"? I doubt anyone would accuse him of being racist.
You're right; there are a good number of Germans and Irishmen in Mexico. Spare me the BS please.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Tre's business he can do whatever he chooses and i would support it

But the rest of you are cry babies, i was called worse on my way to work this morning.

RJ i do not have a problem with what you wrote but as someone who writes faster then i think, sometimes you need to suck it up and apoligize, if i can aplogize then you can

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Tre's business he can do whatever he chooses and i would support it

But the rest of you are cry babies, i was called worse on my way to work this morning.

RJ i do not have a problem with what you wrote but as someone who writes faster then i think, sometimes you need to suck it up and apoligize, if i can aplogize then you can

I agree. In fact Alex who was banned and let back in again and banned again NEVER was asked to apologize for his name calling. Only thing wrong was Rickey pinpointing one nationality.IMOP
This whole thread was of little use-delete the da-- thing !!!

XpertCarpetCare

Nov 3, 2009
Maryland
Real Name
Daniel Oconner
Business Location
United States
I started in the business working for a company like that. They start out @ $6.95/room. We are suppose to do the "basic" steaming clean in 1 room, which was just water, then do a demo of the "deep" scrub right in the middle of the floor and try to upsell the additional services such as getting the carpet cleaned LOL. Usually the deep scrub is $25-50/ room sanitizing was $20 and dupont telfon stain guard was $25. By the time your done the estimate is over a few hundred $$$$. If the customer refuses then you do 100 Mile per hour shower and get out. The company teaches their subcontractors how to sell but now how to clean. They use to have a special board for all the bad checks they get.

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States

That's my motto.
You should have closed the thread after that statement. Good Stuff!

Tommy C

Apr 23, 2010
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
Why is there something wrong with being a mexican? This country really needs to stop hurting these people, beginning with that Rjf skin head.

Locko is not mexican? Who cares! He is hispanic and the racist statement was further reaching than just mexicans. And Locko is one of the most valuable members here in this community.

Of course, this worm Rjf is going to try to save his skin with an insincere apology, probably minutes before he calls somebody like Locko a "wetback". I am impressed with the administrator's participation and intolerance on this issue. This sort of thing is horribly offensive to anybody who understands modern respect of others.

Deron, you have been on this board for all of 2 WEEKS and you think that qualifies you to go off like this on someone who has 1500+ posts over the last 2 YEARS freely sharing his knowledge with hundreds if not thousands of fellow carpet cleaners? Really?

Have you even ever talked to Rickie? I have, and if he issues an apology for offending anyone I for one will accept it and move on.

Kev Berry

Nov 7, 2009
Rancho Mirage, Cailfornia.
Real Name
Kevin Berry
Business Location
United States
WOW!! definitely drifted off topic today. It must be a slow day in the field.
I personally feel that Rickies comments where unnecessary and un called for but many of us can be accused of that from time to time. However I feel that his willingness to offer help and his experience make him a valuable member on here.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
I personally don't care about race, creed, sexual orientation or whatever.

As long as they are obeying the laws of this country, pull their own weight and strive to be their best.

If they clean for cut rate prices (or nude cleaning). It's expected only from Craigslist.

That is why I stay away from that medium.