online submit directory | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

online submit directory

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
what are some online directory i can submit my web site to free or real cheap perferably

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
You can go to yext and enter your info. They will give you a list of a few dozen directories and how you appear on them. Their list is probably a good starting point of directories to register on.

Its a waste of time if you think anyone will find and call you on the regular when using the directories. It's beneficial if you want your site found in multiple places to help Google rank.

Reactions: ronman

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
You can go to yext and enter your info. They will give you a list of a few dozen directories and how you appear on them. Their list is probably a good starting point of directories to register on.

Its a waste of time if you think anyone will find and call you on the regular when using the directories. It's beneficial if you want your site found in multiple places to help Google rank.
Absolutely not a good idea, you have to pay for them and the minute you stop paying for them, they're gone.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
If the directory you list on sole reason for existence is to give you a backlink, you will be penalized eventually.

If however the directory is relevant, and exist to serve a useful purpose for Googles clients, you'll be fine.

Google provides updated & current information as to how it feels & will respond to these tactics. Read it.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Any tactic you deploy that is soley for the benefit of you & not the benefit of Googles search clients will eventually fail you long term.

As I've stated, read the updates from Google.

They have stated plainly & clearly their intentions for those trying to manipulate their algorithms primarily for self gain.

They're working 24/7/365 to find a way render them useless. If you feel that long term this company worth hundreds of billions won't figure out a way to accomplish this, you're just plain naive.

As a business owner play the game for the long term.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Any tactic you deploy that is soley for the benefit of you & not the benefit of Googles search clients will eventually fail you long term.

As I've stated, read the updates from Google.

They have stated plainly & clearly their intentions for those trying to manipulate their algorithms primarily for self gain.

They're working 24/7/365 to find a way render them useless. If you feel that long term this company worth hundreds of billions won't figure out a way to accomplish this, you're just plain naive.

As a business owner play the game for the long term.
What you say is true but does not apply here. listing your business in every directory you can helps you gain trust from google. Listing your business in a directory gives you a citation with google. Citations are a big part of what ranks your google maps page and the only way you will every get it to show up on the first page. Listing your business in an online directory is a white hat as it gets. Places like Manta,Judy's book, Angie's list and Foursquare are good examples of directories that will give a good citation to help you rank. there are a million more out there.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
What you say is true but does not apply here. listing your business in every directory you can helps you gain trust from google. Listing your business in a directory gives you a citation with google. Citations are a big part of what ranks your google maps page and the only way you will every get it to show up on the first page. Listing your business in an online directory is a white hat as it gets. Places like Manta,Judy's book, Angie's list and Foursquare are good examples of directories that will give a good citation to help you rank. there are a million more out there.
There's only a HANDFUL that are truly relevant. Definitely not hundreds.

The majority exist primarily for the machine (Google) & not the human (Google search clients). Avoid those like the plague.

I recently completed 4 college courses specifically tied into current best practices for Google.

I'm also in training to become a Certified Google partner.

I say that to say My Intel comes directly from the horses mouth. As previously mentioned, the horse (Google) makes no secret of its intentions going forward.

In today's world & going forward you're far far better off blogging with H1s,H2s,& H3s with long tailed related search terms than being listed on 100 irrelevant directories.

As I've acknowledged, some directories are relevant, most are a time suck & distract from an effective long term strategy

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
There's only a HANDFUL that are truly relevant. Definitely not hundreds.

The majority exist primarily for the machine (Google) & not the human (Google search clients). Avoid those like the plague.

I recently completed 4 college courses specifically tied into current best practices for Google.

I'm also in training to become a Certified Google partner.

I say that to say My Intel comes directly from the horses mouth. As previously mentioned, the horse (Google) makes no secret of its intentions going forward.

In today's world & going forward you're far far better off blogging with H1s,H2s,& H3s with long tailed related search terms than being listed on 100 irrelevant directories.

As I've acknowledged, some directories are relevant, most are a time suck & distract from an effective long term strategy
H1s,H2s,& H3s will do nothing to rank your maps page. Ranking your maps page is more important than an organic ranking. Citations are the main factor for ranking a maps page. A citation is any place on the internet that your NAP is listed. Business directories are really the only place you can get a citation. If you have a google maps page and want it to show up, following your advice will guarantee complete failure.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
H1s,H2s,& H3s will do nothing to rank your maps page. Ranking your maps page is more important than an organic ranking. Citations are the main factor for ranking a maps page. A citation is any place on the internet that your NAP is listed. Business directories are really the only place you can get a citation. If you have a google maps page and want it to show up, following your advice will guarantee complete failure.
Failure?
Lol...I'll let Google know;)

Maps show up before organic. Ads show up before maps... do you recommend ads?

What's your positioning on optimizing for Answer boxes? Thoughts?

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Failure?
Lol...I'll let Google know;)

Maps show up before organic. Ads show up before maps... do you recommend ads?

What's your positioning on optimizing for Answer boxes? Thoughts?
For owner operators Maps, Maps and then Maps. Organic is great too if you can get it ranked. Ads only if you are not ranked or maps or organic.
IMO answer boxes are just like authorship was. Here today gone tomorrow.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
For owner operators Maps, Maps and then Maps. Organic is great too if you can get it ranked. Ads only if you are not ranked or maps or organic.
IMO answer boxes are just like authorship was. Here today gone tomorrow.
Lol...okay buddy.

I give up

You win. Lol

Last edited:

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Top 20 directories for sure, people use them. Facebook, yelp, angie, etc.
20-50 i would too because this stuff changes all the time. Directory ranked 30 th today might be 12 next year, so hedge your bets.

After that would say it depends how large your market is, some of the nichee directories probably get traffic in major metros but not in a small town.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Top 20 directories for sure, people use them. Facebook, yelp, angie, etc.
20-50 i would too because this stuff changes all the time. Directory ranked 30 th today might be 12 next year, so hedge your bets.

After that would say it depends how large your market is, some of the nichee directories probably get traffic in major metros but not in a small town.
What's the likelihood of a directory having the listing of other direct competitors in My local area as well?

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
Absolutely not a good idea, you have to pay for them and the minute you stop paying for them, they're gone.
Jose, I wasn't saying to pay Yext. I used their list and manually submitted to those directories. There were a couple i couldn't find a way to and it seems that it's only possible by paying.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Jose, I wasn't saying to pay Yext. I used their list and manually submitted to those directories. There were a couple i couldn't find a way to and it seems that it's only possible by paying.
I have used their free search tool just for reference also.

You would be nuts to pay them to submit such information, and continue to pay them monthly under the false impression that "maintaining" the listings requires doing anything at all.

Fooking joke.

They seem to be only partnered with the major relevant players, where everyone should already have a presence, so the free report results can be somewhat valuable for any DIY'ers looking to keep on top of things.

GoDaddy offers a similar search, as well as a few others I can't recall at the moment.